• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League 2023/24: Our Race Is Run

Where do we finish in 23/24?

• Total voters

blaze_of_glory

Ødegaard is the biggest worry, there is not a single player in the entire squad that is capable of what he does, if he goes down the season is over imo
Been saying this for a year now. However, we did manage to do pretty well when he missed a few games early on this season. Of course, definitely do not want to see that tested again.

King87

Kai's having the time of my life

Been saying this for a year now. However, we did manage to do pretty well when he missed a few games early on this season. Of course, definitely do not want to see that tested again.
Wirtz or Simmons is the answer, Ode is irreplaceable in our current squad, he's the only guy that knits the play together in a very effective way, the thought of him getting injured fills me with dread tbh

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
There aren’t many Ødegaard level guys out there, none that you can have for cheap. Why Arsène focused so maniacally on creating great attacking mids; they don’t grow on trees in transfer market

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Ødegaard is at such a level these days that even if we had a 'good' backup there's still going to be a significant drop off if he's not available.

You could say the same for Saka, Rice and the CB's really.

It is a problem as we're not Man City financially but also a compliment to the core we do have.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Just dawning on me how long we have to wait to play City - seriously international break toward the end of March with a major tournament in June? FIFA can get in the bin
I think when you add in the extra games from the new CL format, it is clear that we must be reaching the breaking point. More players will probably retire from international football early, it is just unsustainable where we are heading.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Ødegaard is the biggest worry, there is not a single player in the entire squad that is capable of what he does, if he goes down the season is over imo
You're gonna love what I say. When Ødegaard had hip problems this season, Arsenal won Sevilla 2-0, Sheffield 5-0 and Burnley 3-1. And lost to Newcastle 1-0, which should have been a draw or a win even. Of course two of those are relegation candidates.

Can you guess who playd RCM in those games? It starts with a K...

Havertz was a great buy with his versatility, because Arsenal didn't have proper depth for Ødegaard, and it's not easy to find. Vieira is the closest to his type, but unproven and injury-prone so it's not enough for a title challenge.

So even if Havertz can't do a similar job as Ødegaard, he can do a good job as RCM or AMF. Just in a different way. And he is more comfortable on the right side. With Havertz and Vieira there is at least some backup if **** hits the fan.

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
You're gonna love what I say. When Ødegaard had hip problems this season, Arsenal won Sevilla 2-0, Sheffield 5-0 and Burnley 3-1. And lost to Newcastle 1-0, which should have been a draw or a win even. Of course two of those are relegation candidates.

Can you guess who playd RCM in those games? It starts with a K...

Havertz was a great buy with his versatility, because Arsenal didn't have proper depth for Ødegaard, and it's not easy to find. Vieira is the closest to his type, but unproven and injury-prone so it's not enough for a title challenge.

So even if Havertz can't do a similar job as Ødegaard, he can do a good job as RCM or AMF. Just in a different way. And he is more comfortable on the right side. With Havertz and Vieira there is at least some backup if **** hits the fan.
Kai is a great midfielder i am sure. 👍 🤦

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:White

It’s why for me, the priority last summer was to get a midfielder in who is nominally b2b but could take on the creative burden if Ødegaard ever faces a spell on the sidelines. Gundogan basically.

Somewhere between a wad of luck and some good work by Arteta and Jover we’ve done really well anyways but for this summer coming we best get a proper midfielder.

LookingForEric

Patronize me again and I'll destroy you 😖

It’s why for me, the priority last summer was to get a midfielder in who is nominally b2b but could take on the creative burden if Ødegaard ever faces a spell on the sidelines. Gundogan basically.

Somewhere between a wad of luck and some good work by Arteta and Jover we’ve done really well anyways but for this summer coming we best get a proper midfielder.

What do you define as a proper midfielder? Because we ideally needed to replace Xhaka’s output, that has been done with Havertz and Rice.

For me the midfield signing needs to be that deeper guy.

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:White
What do you define as a proper midfielder? Because we ideally needed to replace Xhaka’s output, that has been done with Havertz and Rice.

I disagree with this statement as it is written anyway. There’s a lot more to it than that.

Edit: sorry you added the deeper guy bit after I replied but yeah I mean it’s seductive now to say deeper guy based on how well we’ve done with Jorginho there.

But that doesn’t help address the “we’re fked if Ødegaard gets injured” problem. It’s why my preference is a b2b midfielder who can do all 3 things - defend deep, progress the ball and create. That would make our squad bulletproof. His “normal” position would be left 8, but he could/should be able to shoulder different roles depending on injuries.

Admittedly these sorts don’t grow on trees. Gundogan was one of the best examples of his generation. We saw him fill in for both KDB and Fernandinho at different times when they were injured. Which when you think about how different those two players are, is fkn wild.

The only guy out there who could fill this role for us for me is Barella. He’s the one man. He can do it all. I’d throw mad bucks at inter to get them to fold.

Last edited:

ItzdoctorZ

Arsenal have tougher games remaining compared to City and Liverpool according to Opta.

premier-league-fixture-difficulty-last-10-games-of-2023-24-1536x1112.jpg

Arsenal Quotes

A football team is like a beautiful woman. When you do not tell her, she forgets she is beautiful.

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Sunday, May 19

RB Leipzig want to offer Benjamin Šeško a new contract to stay for one more year [Fabrizio Romano]

Arsenal are the negotiating table for Fenerbache LB Ferdi Kadıoğlu [Takvim via Sport_Witness]

Latest posts

Top Bottom