• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League 2023/24: Our Race Is Run

Where do we finish in 23/24?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

fute

Yes. We need to rotate them in for the Luton game as they are all very rusty. One of our last chance to start rusty players before all the tougher matches

Many players were dead on their feet today

Luton is a spirited bunch. Don't let their record fool you. Just remember our last match with them where we had to come from behind to win at the last minute.

Matches against the Luton's, Chelsea's , Sp**s (lol) etc can become thorns in your side if you let them and expect to just walk over them during a quest for a championship.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Luton is a spirited bunch. Don't let their record fool you. Just remember our last match with them where we had to come from behind to win at the last minute.

Matches against the Luton's, Chelsea's , Sp**s (lol) etc can become thorns in your side if you let them and expect to just walk over them during a quest for a championship.
True but December as a whole was pretty bad for us. Bit of a different beast now

Nunowoolmez

Established Member
We certainly have the tougher PL games, but City & Pool have more games overall with the cups. I don't expect either of them to drop many points, but I do believe both will at some point.

We just have to keep our foot on the gas & go for it. It's certainly not over & all to play for still.

COYG

TheEliteMaster100_

Turns up only when we lose
Given we have a relatively fit squad, would you have us as favorites in the tie?

Bayern game could be another Porto game i.e the nerves getting the better of us and our lack of experience in this competition (think of Lens away our first away UCL game since 2017, we let the crowd and the occasion get to us). Since Bayern is at the Emirates first, plus their fans are banned so must take advantage and bring a lead to the Allianz.

Plus they're out of the title race in the Bundesliga so only have the UCL to play for. We have to rotate well against Luton whether from the start or hook them off early like we've been doing recently prior to Brentford.

Regarding favourites, for the time being I'm putting Bayern because of UCL experience but defensively they're terrible and are weak in midfield. Sane is also in horrific form. So essentially we need to watch out for Musiala, Kane, Tel (who doesn't start often) and Gnabry (who tends to turn up in the 2nd half of a season). Pavlovich is also decent from what I've seen.

Guys like Partey, Vieira, Smith-Rowe, Nelson (Arteta doesn't trust him) Tomiyasu and Trossard need to be rotated well.

Up&Up

One thing that's nice is that in 4 of the next 5 rounds of premier league fixtures, we play our games a day before Liverpool do. Means as long as we keep winning, we'll have several chances to temporarily dislodge them from the top, which will constantly keep huge pressure on them to win their own games.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
That performance against City gave me confidence man. Sure, we could have also won the game, but that sort of gritty performance this late on in the season, bodes well for our ability to work hard and look to contain any opposition.

We need to switch gears in the coming fixtures though, and that includes Bayern at home. It’s important to be able to get hold of matches quickly now, allowing us to rotate our players.

Is a Sheffield like performance possible on Wednesday? Allowing us to rest Rice, Ødegaard, Saka for 30 minutes plus? In Saka’s case all game I’d say. I think so.

Mudi

We are +3 in terms of comparable games last year with this draw. If I'm not mistaken the Luton game will represent our Southampton game of last year (3-3), which means a win there will make it +5.

If we then beat Brighton away, always a tricky fixture, to keep that +5 we are in a goddamn excellent position.
No added value comparing points from last year's games with this years. I mean max points we can get is now 92, means only 8 more than last year but 3 points from the winner. So we should be aiming that 90 point total meaning we can only draw one game from now onwards.

Arsenal can draw one (8W and 1D)
Liverpool can lose one or draw 2 (8W and 1L or 7W and 2D).
City needs to win all 9 games (9W).

Possible point drops
Liverpool: Man Utd and Everton away.
Arsenal: Wolves, Sp**s, Man Utd away
City: Sp**s away (depending when they are playing them).

I really believe that Liverpool will not win at Old Trafford while the time we play them, they will have nothing to play for.
We just need to make sure that we win now against Luton, Brighton, Villa and Wolves. On paper doable games but in between we have the games against Bayern. If somehow we manage to get 12 points from the next 4, our last 5 will be epic.

Chelsea, Sp**s, Bournemouth, Utd and Everton.
On paper really difficult but in reality except Tottenham, none will have anything to play for. So it really comes to the NLD for us to win the title (If we don't drop points in the next 4).

Gunners1616

I would have never guessed in a million year that Liverpool would be in the title race after losing Mané, Firmino, Fabinho, Henderson... Plus having Robertson and Trent out for ages. While also having VVD coming back from a serious injury and even Salah was out for a little while...

First year for the likes of Szobozslai. MacAllister and Endo too...

Anyway we can just focus on the next game from now on but this is going to be tough. Any lost point and we will feel like it's over.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
No added value comparing points from last year's games with this years. I mean max points we can get is now 92, means only 8 more than last year but 3 points from the winner. So we should be aiming that 90 point total meaning we can only draw one game from now onwards.

Arsenal can draw one (8W and 1D)
Liverpool can lose one or draw 2 (8W and 1L or 7W and 2D).
City needs to win all 9 games (9W).

Possible point drops
Liverpool: Man Utd and Everton away.
Arsenal: Wolves, Sp**s, Man Utd away
City: Sp**s away (depending when they are playing them).

I really believe that Liverpool will not win at Old Trafford while the time we play them, they will have nothing to play for.
We just need to make sure that we win now against Luton, Brighton, Villa and Wolves. On paper doable games but in between we have the games against Bayern. If somehow we manage to get 12 points from the next 4, our last 5 will be epic.

Chelsea, Sp**s, Bournemouth, Utd and Everton.
On paper really difficult but in reality except Tottenham, none will have anything to play for. So it really comes to the NLD for us to win the title (If we don't drop points in the next 4).

Possible point drops are more than that I feel.

Liverpool: United (a), Everton (a), Fulham (a), Villa (a)
City: Fulham (a), Brighton (a).
Arsenal: Brighton (a), Sp**s (a), United (a), Wolves (a)

I think we are good enough to win all our games from here on out, the key is that we remain fit and put our games to bed early.

City I back to win all their games as well, bar the ones I've mentioned. City will batter Sp**s unfortunately for us and our title hopes.

Liverpool are the most shaky of the three. I see them struggling at Fulham, United, Villa and possibly a desperate Everton.

Final positions for me...

City
Arsenal
Liverpool

Although if we win all our games or go 9 wins 1 draw/loss, we stand a very good chance.

Mudi

I would have never guessed in a million year that Liverpool would be in the title race after losing Mané, Firmino, Fabinho, Henderson... Plus having Robertson and Trent out for ages. While also having VVD coming back from a serious injury and even Salah was out for a little while...

First year for the likes of Szobozslai. MacAllister and Endo too...

Anyway we can just focus on the next game from now on but this is going to be tough. Any lost point and we will feel like it's over.
They are the most lucky team out of the 3. How many last minute games they have won is incredible.

Away at Newcastle (1-2), at home against Fulham (4-3), away at Palace (1-2), away at Forest (0-1), ...

We on the other hand had some stupids point losses:
Sp**s home
West Ham home
Fullham home

That is 7 points that we should have not lost and we should have been 5 points clear. It is criminal to think that we gained 5 points vs City and Liverpool direct games and still are 2 points behind Liverpool!

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
We cannot expect Gabriel and Saliba to play every single game from now till the end of the season. So the CB pairing has to be rotated as well. Going to be a big challenge to maintain our defensive solidity

LookingForEric

Patronize me again and I'll destroy you 😖

We cannot expect Gabriel and Saliba to play every single game from now till the end of the season. So the CB pairing has to be rotated as well. Going to be a big challenge to maintain our defensive solidity

Maintaining our defensive solidity means those two and Rice play every game.

You start them, you go 4-0 up at half time vs Luton and then you sub Rice and probably Gabriel.

CB is a less demanding role than say Saka’s role.

MA08

In terms of PL title race, we are lucky to be playing Brighton this week, when both teams had 3 games in a week, playing Villa after they have a tricky thursday game against Lille, playing Wolves who has nothing left to play, playing Chelsea right after FA cup semifinal(hopefully it goes to penalties or extra time). The negative side is us playing Sp**s away after they had 15 days rest and potentially play Man U after a CL semifinal. I am hoping by the time we are playing Man U, they are out of Top 5 race and all they want is to let someone other than City and Pool win the league.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
Maintaining our defensive solidity means those two and Rice play every game.

You start them, you go 4-0 up at half time vs Luton and then you sub Rice and probably Gabriel.

CB is a less demanding role than say Saka’s role.
Easier said than done. Luton are a plucky team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I always wanted to play in English football and Arsenal and Highbury IS English football to me.

Dennis Bergkamp

Daily Transfer Updates

Friday, May 31

Arsenal are interested in Benfica CB Antonio Silva, but will have to trigger his £85m release clause to sign the 20 year old [Correio de Manha]

Youngster Charles Sagoe Jr is set for a loan spell at League One side Charlton Athletic [Online Gooner]

Arsenal have moved on to targeting Benfica midfielder Joao Neves after Martin Zubamendi indicated a preference to remain in La Liga [Teamtalk]

Liverpool, Arsenal and Bayern Munich have all made an approach to PSV forward Johan Bakayoko [Hbvl]

Latest posts

Top Bottom