• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League 2023/24: Our Race Is Run

Where do we finish in 23/24?

• Total voters

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ā­

Indeed, we need to start strong like 22/23 season (50 points in 19 games or better) whilst the remaining 19 games we need to replicate 23/24 season or better (as we dropped points to Fulham at Craven Cottage/lost to Villa at emirates this 2nd half of the season).

Pep only lost 1 title race which is Mourinho 100 point record breaking Madrid team, other than Klopp lost 2 titles whilst on 90+ points and Conte won the title in Pep's first season in the prem with 93 points.

Need to be aiming 100 points next season as this is City's transitional season with key players leaving (Mahrez/Gundogan), integrating new players like Doku/Kovacic/Gvardiol and rotating between their academy like Oscar Bob/Rico Lewis whilst having key injuries to Grealish, Haaland, Stones and KDB missing many games.

City targeting the likes of Bruno Guimares/Musiala/Paqueta does make me nervous for next season, it's why our recruitment has to be excellent, simply level raisers and actual genuine Left back.

To add to this, last two seasons we've lost two (or more) games at home. City this season have been unbeaten at home - we always seem to have one or two bozo losses at home regardless of how much we've improved.

Next season we should strive to be unbeaten at the Emirates.

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here šŸ—³

These are the convos they are forced to have instead.
I think this view is probably shared amongst most Sp**s fans, particularly given the likelihood of top 4 is becoming low even with points against City. If ange wins against city, i think it will make him even more unpopular than what he is now.

OnlyOne

šŸŽ™ļø Future Journalist
Trusted ā­

Forest really could and should have won yesterday with the amount of guilt edge chances they created. Wood was just awful.

Man City can be got at. They're not this infallible side a lot of people make them out to be.

Have you seen their record? :lol:

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ā­

Player:Rice
Have you seen their record? :lol:

Yeah, but the problem is half the time other sides are playing Man City's reputation as much as the actual side.

They have earned that status I guess but most smaller sides will sit deep and yeah eventually Man City will break them down with their quality. But Forest caused them lot of problems on the break yesterday, there are vulnerabilities there if sides are brave enough to go at them.

TheEliteMaster100_

Turns up only when we lose
To add to this, last two seasons we've lost two (or more) games at home. City this season have been unbeaten at home - we always seem to have one or two bozo losses at home regardless of how much we've improved.

Next season we should strive to be unbeaten at the Emirates.

Indeed, our Emirates form has not been good during these two last title challenging seasons.

Last season, we've dropped points to Brentford (1-1), City (3-1 loss), Newcastle (1-1 draw), Southampton (title run in 3-3 draw) and Brighton (3-0 loss) = 12 points dropped

This season - Fulham (2-2 draw vs 10 men), Sp**s (2-2 draw), West ham (2-0 loss) and Villa (2-0 loss during title run in) - 10 points dropped so far.

Too costly up against Pep the perennial winner.

Liverpool this season have only dropped 9 points at Anfield this season, with only 1 loss to Palace.

When Liverpool got 92 points in 21/22 season (Quadruple charge), they dropped 8 points at Anfield (0 losses).

When Liverpool got 97 points in 18/19 season (season they won the UCL), they only dropped 4 points at Anfield with 0 losses.

LookingForEric

Patronize me again and I'll destroy you šŸ˜–

We'll beat Bournemouth. Against United I think if we setup like we did against Sp**s then we beat them. The aforementioned teams rarely play low block against us. My concern is actually Everton, due to the last day drama which might affect the team's nerves and that they really know how to park the bus when they want to.

My thinking has been that City drops at least a point between Fulham and Wolves. Fingers crossed though.

Oh god yeah didnā€™t even think of that. The nerves going into that final game against Everton knowing a win is needed to win on GD or somethingā€¦

Arsenal Quotes

Young players need freedom of expression to develop as creative players... they should be encouraged to try skills without fear of failure.

ArsĆØne Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom