• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League 2023/24: Our Race Is Run

Where do we finish in 23/24?

• Total voters

Sapient Hawk

Destiny's Hand 🖐🏿
Trusted ⭐

See they are even surprised :lol:

Why should they be? History & statistics are on their side.

Once they creep ahead of you in the run-in, it's over.

Next season, on top if improving our home form, we'll need them to exit the cups early as that's what always causes their games in hand advantage at the tail-end of the season.

Last edited:

LookingForEric

Patronize me again and I'll destroy you 😖

19-4-0 Is not that impressive. That's 61/69 meaning a drop of 8 points. Slightly better than having 20-0-3 (60/69). Especially given that they had to play only Liverpool away against top 6 during this run. They are very fortunate that the Sp**s game got rescheduled towards the end of the season, changing the meaning of the game (either final or no purpose game on which Sp**s gonna bottle it anyway).

We will only have us to blame. Losing at home against Villa or West Ham or the way we drew at home agailst Sp**s (mistake Jorginho) or last minute equalizer against 10 men Fullhame is where we lost the league.

City has no loss at home and their only odd draw at home was against Palace on which they got a penalty against in 95th min.

Their form against non top 6 teams: 1 D and 2 L
Our form against non top 6 teams: 1 D and 5 L

Says it all no?!

Whatever you say 19 wins and 4 draws in 23 games is impressive.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Why should they be? History & statistics are on their side.

Once they creep ahead of you in the run-in, it's over.

Next season, on top if improving our home form, we'll need them to exit the cups early as that's what always causes their games in hand advantage at the tail-end of the season.

Or we need to stay in the cups later ideally lol

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
We can't ask for much more than 89 points, we didn't bottle it then. You always drop a few points, it's crazy to argue whether we should be winning Fulham and West Ham games.

Anyway, City now have 2 away games in London in 3 days. They will drop points there. I hope it's at Sp**s, would be the most Spursy thing to do.

Gervais

Established Member
We can't ask for much more than 89 points, we didn't bottle it then. You always drop a few points, it's crazy to argue whether we should be winning Fulham and West Ham games.

Anyway, City now have 2 away games in London in 3 days. They will drop points there. I hope it's at Sp**s, would be the most Spursy thing to do.

Agree with this. You always drop silly points in a season, it’s the nature of football in a competitive league.

89 points is a more than reasonable return, even if we don’t win it.

Whether we win it this year or not (I still think we will) the fact is we have now entered our ‘era’. I can’t remember where I read it, but earlier this week some reputable pundit had an article where he said it Arsenals title to lose next season.

Arteta has build a monster and we’re going to have a very successful few seasons over the next few years. There is no doubt in my mind about that.

TornadoTed

Established Member
89 would win the Premier League 15 times since it's formation, it would also have been joint 1st on 5 occasions. Even our current 83 points would have won it 6 times and been joint 1st once!

Whether we finish 1st or 2nd the boys have had an amazing season and it's been a fantastic effort.

Tomb Bombadil

However Sp**s knowing, they will bottle under pressure so yeah the sooner they are out of the top 4 chase, the better it is.
This is definitely not "bottling" they are in **** form for a long period. So if they would win at Anfieldit would be big suprise.

Botting is also merely an Arsenal term, so not to be used for other teams.

Sammy1887

New Year, Same Hate For Reed
This is definitely not "bottling" they are in **** form for a long period. So if they would win at Anfieldit would be big suprise.

Sit down mate. You just exposed yourself.

The term Bottlers is associated with Sp**s for ages now.

Spursy = Bottlers

Mudi

Whatever you say 19 wins and 4 draws in 23 games is impressive.
Not for a team that has so much dept. Can you imagine Ødegaard out for half a year and not impacting our results...

They have Akinji, Dias, Stones, Nunes, Kovacic, Grealish, Alvarez on their bench.
Compare that to ours or Liverpool and you would understand that 19-4-0 is not that impressive.

LookingForEric

Patronize me again and I'll destroy you 😖

Not for a team that has so much dept. Can you imagine Ødegaard out for half a year and not impacting our results...

They have Akinji, Dias, Stones, Nunes, Kovacic, Grealish, Alvarez on their bench.
Compare that to ours or Liverpool and you would understand that 19-4-0 is not that impressive.

However you try and spin it 19 wins and 4 draws in a row is impressive.

Given the quality of refereeing and also the amount of away games that are usually tough.

The only reason you’re saying it’s not impressive is because you’re used to them doing it. Because it’s normal for City doesn’t make it an average occurrence.

Mudi

Lol it is super easy money to win to bet against Sp**s on games they have to win. Meaningless games is something else, but when something is on the line, they will choke!

Like against our game. 2 weeks rest, North London derby and they could have crushed our dreams and make a big step to finish at fourth place. Instead they were 0-3 down at half time and we had to give them Christmas presents to make it a contest.

Mudi

However you try and spin it 19 wins and 4 draws in a row is impressive.

Given the quality of refereeing and also the amount of away games that are usually tough.

The only reason you’re saying it’s not impressive is because you’re used to them doing it. Because it’s normal for City doesn’t make it an average occurrence.

It is def impressive but not for them. That's their standard. Chilling first half of the season and super cheat code second half. Ask Liverpool how it feels ...

Beany

ITK
Trusted ⭐

Yes - their chaos football makes a 5-0 loss or a 2-1 win as likely as a 4-4 draw. Anything can happen though as things stands, 115 are clear favourites there for the same reason we are at OT.

Everyone expects Sp**s to roll over (their small time fans (unlike Utd) certainly won’t give a **** especially if they tank versus Liverpool today, which at Anfield is highly likely) and they may well do so. But if anyone is likely to pull some weird **** out of the bag v 115 in the PL it’s these idiots.

I’m certain that both 115 and Arsenal win their final home games, with all due respect to @Dokaka, though it would be as big as Anfield 89 if it played out another way…

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
I’m praying for a first half city red card in one of their away games. That would be the football gods helping us big time.

Otherwise, I find it hard to believe that they will drop points as they have been here and done this many times. Them being out the CL has been a hindrance for us also, as they’ve just been focusing on the League.

I’d give us a 25% chance of lifting the PL. Its decent odds, let’s see.

Arsenal Quotes

Reyes !!!
Stand up for the Champions!

Martin Tyler's commentary after Jose Antonio Reyes (RIP) scores the winner against Middlesborough

Daily Transfer Updates

Saturday, May 18

Arsenal‘s interest in Ivan Toney has waned. It is unlikely he will join this summer and neither will Alexander Isak, with the club no longer interested at his £120m price [John Cross - The Mirror]

Latest posts

Top Bottom