• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League 2023/24: Our Race Is Run

Where do we finish in 23/24?

• Total voters

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
Early years Abramovich wasn’t subject to FFP so he could do as he pleased and annoying as it was it didn’t break any rules. FFP has been a thing for about 10 years so there is no way City hasn’t broken the rules multiple times in that period when they were heavily spending. A nothing club with no history couldn’t possibly generate the level of revenue needed to surpass Man Utd in spending otherwise.

Everybody knows City has cheated their way to the top the question now is whether the league is going to do anything about it. After the points deductions given to Everton and Forest it would be a scandal for City to escape a similar type of punishment. It’s entirely possible that it gets swept under the rug like so many other scandals although I can’t imagine that will go down easily when everyone and their dog knows what City has done.
Yeah Chelski were lucky that FFP wasn't a thing for most of the time.

As for City of course all things being equal they would be severely punished.

However when you are the EPL taking on a club run by a nation state with unlimited funds the consequences are multi faceted & can have major repercussions.

The nation state if not happy with the decision (they have not assisted the enquiry) can tie the EPL up in litigation for years at massive expense. This causes further frustration & delays that nobody wants.

The nation state has friends in the highest places. We saw the British government recommend to the EPL that the Saudis be allowed to own toon.

The nation state offer the government trade deals/sweeteners if their clubs are treated favourably or threaten to withdraw trade if they are not.

What likely will happen is a soft compromise be reached.

1/ The Nation state is happy enough to take its slap on the wrist.
2/ The government is happy foreign partnership deals are going smoothly. 3/ The EPL is happy it's not facing years of legal ranglings.

It all stinks Foreign Nation states have no place in the Premier League.

The leagues Integrity's has been compromised

Unfortunately all things are no longer equal.

Last edited:

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
If they're found guilty then surely those revenues would tumble? Part of these allegations are that a very small percentage of these deals are paid by the respective companies and then topped up by the City owners.

No CL / EPL broadcasting would be critical too. I think they'd go back to pre Guardiola levels.
Money talks even if they got demoted to the championship they would be back after 1 season & their real fans would enjoy pi55ing another league.

They would go back to pre guardiola as they likely do when he leaves.

The difference is they may not win the title for a few years 🤞We benefit. However they will still get top 4. So ultimately a genuine club is still suffering & missing out on a top 4 spot by a club built on corruption. We may not care as we hopefully have 'bigger fish to fry' & even find it funny if it's Sp**s but it does not make it right.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Based on social media comments, the vast majority of Liverpool & Utd fans want City to lift the title, always justified with variations of the same mantra - City titles are "artificial" and somehow don't count, but Arsenal winning the league reflects badly on their clubs and will hurt the most.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

Based on social media comments, the vast majority of Liverpool & Utd fans want City to lift the title, always justified with variations of the same mantra - City titles are "artificial" and somehow don't count, but Arsenal winning the league reflects badly on their clubs and will hurt the most.

I mean tbqh - I would feel the same way if it was United...Liverpool not so much.

LookingForEric

Patronize me again and I'll destroy you 😖

Mate we better absolutely nob this lot on Sunday, they’re ****ing awful. I want revenge for that 8-2.

They rarely come out of a game not conceding goals.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
My only hope is Fulham at home. Sp**s and West Ham are dead teams. City will destroy both of them.

Fulham 1-1 City.

William goal and Leno masterclass is needed.
A draw might not be enough if City keep chipping away at our GD.

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
A draw might not be enough if City keep chipping away at our GD.

Relax, it's +6 now. For GD to come into play, they'd have to draw one game so they have two games to chip away in our GD. If we win both games with minimal goals, we'd be on +8. They'd have to win 4-0 and 5-0.

Chances of that happening are slim.

LookingForEric

Patronize me again and I'll destroy you 😖

People actually worrying about GD? Lads City have to drop points first.

Fulham 1-4 City
United 1-3 Arsenal
Sp**s 2-2 City
Arsenal 2-0 Everton

Even in this scenario, which is the minimum I expect from us, city would need to beat West Ham 7-0 on the final day…

I think it’s quite unrealistic that GD will be an issue if it’s needed.

Xln

Get me Jesus on the phone 📲
People actually worrying about GD? Lads City have to drop points first.

Fulham 1-4 City
United 1-3 Arsenal
Sp**s 2-2 City
Arsenal 2-0 Everton

Even in this scenario, which is the minimum I expect from us, city would need to beat West Ham 7-0 on the final day…

I think it’s quite unrealistic that GD will be an issue if it’s needed.
Bold of you to assume Spuds will do anything vs City. Have you been on holidays, that you did not see Tottenham's form lately? They are below banter mode at the moment.

Arsenal Quotes

In June 1996, David Dein, Peter Hill-Wood and Danny Fiszman came out to Nagoya to meet me on behalf of Arsenal. Within an hour we came to an agreement. The Japanese directors didn't try to keep hold of me in the usual way but talked with persuasive arguments... But as far as I was concerned, the decision was taken. Arsenal. A decision that would change my life.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Daily Transfer Updates

Saturday, May 18

Arsenal‘s interest in Ivan Toney has waned. It is unlikely he will join this summer and neither will Alexander Isak, with the club no longer interested at his £120m price [John Cross - The Mirror]

Benjamin Šeško will cost €65m this summer [Sky Sports Germany]

Latest posts

Top Bottom