• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Win Premier League: Arsenal FC 3-0 AFC Bournemouth | Saturday, May 4th | KO: 12:30 BST | TNT Sports 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Starting lineups:

1714345347558.png

The man's not top dog in Jersey for nothing. He knows there's only so much Angeball can do in the face of a superior outfit :lol:

Seeing as I've contributed massively to our season by shepherding the matchday thread against the denizens of the lost & the damned, I figured I should lend some of my gloss to AM once again as I will our beloved Gunners on to victory. Don't know why I'm even bothering as Google seem to think it's a foregone conclusion.

1714344411017.png

We must be vigilant against this lot, they pushed us all the way last season & they play good football, so we should not slacken in the slightest. But, after the magnificent showing today, I think it's fair to say with a good bit of rest, we should have all the tools to dismantle them if we remain calm.

I certainly am looking forward to this guy losing his rag like he did in the 97th minute last season :lol:

In any case, we're on the cusp of greatness & we have a chance to heap further pressure on 115 Charges FC who, hopefully, won't have it all their way.

God willing, we'll take them all the way to the final Sunday. It is our burden, it is our destiny!!

Last edited by a moderator:

BergMan

Betrayed by Xhaka
What I don’t like is that indirectly through the referee we give rival fans more ammunition, the Bournemouth goal should’ve stood. And we should have won 3-1. That would be a better merit of our title credentials, showing we can handle that adversity. Instead they’re all saying that refs are keeping us in the title race.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Based on this performance, I'm not too confident with utd away tbh. Especially the 2nd half.

Yeah its going to be very difficult, especially if we do not take our early chances.

United are built for counter attacks, and that for us is still a big weakness.

We need to force them out and counter attack them.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Well deserved win. Should have killed the game of first half. The pen was pen, their disallowed goal was a nudge on Raya and they should have had a man sent off first half

Malky

Established Member
8 points clear of Liverpool. 13 clear of 5 place Sp**s. Absolutely devastating if this side doesn’t get a PL title.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
We definitely need to be more calmer against utd last tow games 2nd halves were not Mikel team we know.

The VAR decisions all right I don't think you could argue about soft fouls but it's a fouls keeper tripped Havertz and Solanke pushed Raya and he nowhere near to ball but of course rival fans gonna cry about it

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
What I don’t like is that indirectly through the referee we give rival fans more ammunition, the Bournemouth goal should’ve stood. And we should have won 3-1. That would be a better merit of our title credentials, showing we can handle that adversity. Instead they’re all saying that refs are keeping us in the title race.
They’d be saying the same regardless. The key is to not care what oppo fans think.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Decent performance in a high pressure game, apart from in front of goal - thank god we didn’t get punished. A bit lucky with the 2 big decisions.

Rice was phenomenal, everything we dreamed about TP5 allowing him to push forward has come true.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

Well I missed most of the game bc of work 😭

But it's nice to tune in and we're 2-0 up, I even caught Gabriel's banger before it was crossed off!

4 in 4 since Villa which is amazing and we've got what I think is the last big test coming up with Utd, I think we can win, we look confident we have NOT bottled it, proud of the team mayn!

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
First half was exceptional.

Should have been three goals after the first half.

Saliba with a MotM Performance.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Red cafe
The TNT commentary is disgustingly biased in favour of Arsenal.

I think Ødegaard is the best player in the world

Ødegaard is crazy good

Pure cheating

How is that a penalty? :lol:

It’s a joke.

The more you see it, the more it’s a blatant dive.

What the actuel feck

Those penalties are such bollocks

That was bought, conned the officials for that

Arsenal deserve to be winning, but not like that. If we get one like that against them at old Trafford when we play them they'll be crying about it for years

It would have been a media circus if it had been given for United

I disagree. It still falls under that clear and obvious ****e whether he gives it on the pitch or not.

All penalty incidents should go for review as potential pens. It's the only way you'll get consistency or an objective decision.

Another game, another dodgy penalty awarded too Arsenal.

Ridiculous pen decision. In real time, it’s understandable. But with VAR, no excuse whatsoever to call that a pen.

If we was in this title race I would be spitting feathers.

Premier League is a joke.

"It was clumsy how he came out"

Irrelevant. It was a blatant fecking dive.

Quelle surprise. They gave it. Come on now.

Ah well, at least it keeps them ahead of Liverpool and puts a bit of pressure on City

That is never given to anyone but Arsenal that penalty.

He drags his foot to make contact. VAR have to look at that and notice he is not running naturally and buys a foul.

I hate to be one of those cnuts that says if that was us etc, but if it was, TNT would be cancelling the second half to analyse the incident

The Arsenal penalty is barely any different to the one Harvey Elliot got against us not long ago.

Well yeah it was clever by Havertz and I agree it shouldn't be a pen but because the ref gave it and there was contact it wasn't going to be over-ruled.

It's still a pen. He wasn't purposely dragging his leg.

Who cares as long as Liverpool are not winning the league!

Then penalty - yes!

Delusional Arsenal fans almost make me want to wish they lose the game. I shall resist them.

Partey trying to force his way into the Bournemouth box there.

Arsenal deserve this championship more than City. Playing some wonderful stuff again.

Thank f. I don't want 115 charges FC running with it again.

Just wish we had someone like Declan Rice.

Trossard doing what I rarely see our guys do… expecting the ball to come his way so he’s already ready to react when it does.

Feels like Raya gets away with a howler almost every week. If he played for us, all of these would end up as goals.

This must surely be the final nail into Liverpool's coffin.

Rice might have sneaked in a goal bonus clause in his contract

Arsenal got the job done, no we need Wolves to do their job. Come on Wolves

Arsenal deserve the title. They'll be cheated out of it of course, but they deserve to win it

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

The English codified the rules of football just as the French perfected wine. We don't often ask an English person to come over to make Bordeaux.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Daily Transfer Updates

Saturday, May 18

Arsenal‘s interest in Ivan Toney has waned. It is unlikely he will join this summer and neither will Alexander Isak, with the club no longer interested at his £120m price [John Cross - The Mirror]

Latest posts

Top Bottom