• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Win Premier League: Arsenal 1 - 0 Norwich City | Saturday, 11th September | KO: 15:00 BST | Stream

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't even know if I want us to win or not. Both teams are in poor form, but I'm sure Norwich fancies this. This might kickstart their season. Historically, we always have the upper hand against them, but struggling to see how we beat them seeing the way we play.

The stats makes for grim reading

Screenshot-20210905-120307.png

Screenshot-20210905-120327.png

We do seem to have a decent record against them tbf

Screenshot-20210905-120244.png

This match always come to mind when I think about Norwich. Orgasmic football!

A bit of nostalgia for my boy @Riou

Predicted Lineup

Attachments

• 1861963_Arsenal.jpg
    1861963_Arsenal.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 29

bergholt

I don't see a lot of direction or intelligence in Sambi's play - just seems to be out there chasing the play.

I think he'll be ok as junior partner in a double pivot, and should develop much further from here. It's organisation and brains he needs to build, not workrate and technical ability.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
People are frustrated that this fraud is still employed.
Any win is just a false Dawn and the reality is that the longer he stays , the more likely this season is a write off and that some of our promising players (Saliba) won’t be coming back to the team.
I'm just as frustrated, but if all watching us win does is frustrate you even more because it means Arteta wont be sacked, you should find something else to do in the meantime and let those who want to see the club win, try and draw what positives they can from a game with ridiculing them and pissing all over everything.

As I said, you can't have it both ways. You either want the club to start winning football matches or **** off imo. Those are the options.

ArsenalLunatic

Putting this out there.

If you root against Arsenal, **** off!

If you’re ‘unsure’ who to root for in an Arsenal match, **** off! Never in a million years would I root for anything other than a win for the teams I root for. All the **** will work out and take care of itself if Arteta is not the man for the job. If you root against AFC, **** you!!!!!!

Andrew Cole Linighan

Player:Saka
Having started off the Premier League Season with 3 defeats, scoring 0, and conceding 9, we finally get our first win. A 1 - 0 win, a clean sheet and a goal which illustrated Arsenal's luck in front of goal so far this season. The ball hits both posts before Auba slots it in. A scrappy goal that will hopefully relax the forward players. If that goal was disallowed, players might be wondering what do we have to do.

Hopefully Arsenal can use this as a springboard, and start to climb the table. Wether Arteta is the person to lead us remains to be seen.
"Let's be Avin You"!!!
Tottenham Hotspurs title challenge was halted a bit by Crystal Palace. Sp**s losing 3 - 0, (Tres Bien Patrick Vieira). 🟥⬜🇲🇫 Sp**s starting to bottle it?

ArtetaOut

Some dafts just never learn. Imagine fapping over a pathetic 1-0 win over ****ing Norwich in exchange for Cone Boy continuing to **** around the club and land us into further mediocrity. Pathetic short-sightedness as always. You want your Cone Boy to stay, then you deserve to be screwed for as long as he stays and quit whining about it when we get ****ed big time

Xln

Get me Jesus on the phone 📲
Some dafts just never learn. Imagine fapping over a pathetic 1-0 win over ****ing Norwich in exchange for Cone Boy continuing to **** around the club and land us into further mediocrity. Pathetic short-sightedness as always. You want your Cone Boy to stay, then you deserve to be screwed for as long as he stays and quit whining about it when we get ****ed big time
So being happy over a win automatically means that person is Arteta in? And then we are the dafts :lol:

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I'm just as frustrated, but if all watching us win does is frustrate you even more because it means Arteta wont be sacked, you should find something else to do in the meantime and let those who want to see the club win, try and draw what positives they can from a game with ridiculing them and pissing all over everything.

As I said, you can't have it both ways. You either want the club to start winning football matches or **** off imo. Those are the options.
You're the master at ridiculing the club, frustration boiling over. You did it for years. Don't let me go back and show your drunken posts calling the manager an infestation. I'm just highlighting your hypocrisy is all. A guy who was all hyper negativity is now suddenly the voice of reason when we're bottom of the table. LMAO.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Could not watch much of it due to a lack of options to watch it, but at least got some bits on a stream.

Gotta say that team is finally one where every single player on the teamsheet is one that I do like. This hasnt happened for like 6-7 years or so, there's always been at the very least 1-2 aweful players stuffed in.

If Partey and ESR join the first eleven it'a gonna be my favorite selection. Hopefully Patino joins sooner rather than later as well, kinda like Wilshere but a bit later to not get burned.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Good peformances from Lokonga, White, Tomiyasu and in particular Ødegaard and Gabriel were very good. Decent cameo peformances from ESR, Partey and Cedric too.

PEA, Saka and Pepe the only 3 players I felt that were under par and had a poor game.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

I must say our pressing was pretty decent and very well organised, certainly a lot better than we've seen recently, tho the standards are absolutely in hell in that regard because our pressing in the first three games was absolutely diabolical. So I suppose the only way was up. I mean Norwich don't exactly have the likes of Neuer, Pique, Busquets, etc to play out from the back but it was one of the few promising signs. Also we looked a lot better at the back playing out with Ramsdale, White and Gabriel than with Leno, Holding and Mari, then again that's to be expected.

Kysus

Very promising performance from pretty much all our new signings.

Takehiro I'm in love with already, top defender who seems to have all the physical tools(quick, strong, good in the air) mental(concentration, tactical awareness, tenaciousness) and surprisingly comfortable on the ball. Great footballer.

White's comfort on the ball is incredible and will help us so much going forward,
stepped into midfield many times and his distribution was always on.
Looks a bit awkward defensively sometimes though.

Ramsdale: Confident and much better distribution than Leno.

Ødegaard not at his best but that will change. Key player.

Our issue yesterday was clearly CM which was just all over the place.
Logonka looks really promising (on the ball) but his positioning still leaves a lot to be desired(which is normal at that age)
AMN is a trainwreck though, total chaos player which you cannot have in central midfield.

We desperately need a CM.

DUFFMAN

Crybaby
Have to remember, it was takehiro, white and Gabriel's first time playing with each other.

Once they settle and get to know each other we could be onto something.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
You're the master at ridiculing the club, frustration boiling over. You did it for years. Don't let me go back and show your drunken posts calling the manager an infestation. I'm just highlighting your hypocrisy is all. A guy who was all hyper negativity is now suddenly the voice of reason when we're bottom of the table. LMAO.
I never ever ridiculed the club. I wanted a manager gone because he was done. What’s ‘drunken’ about that? I have no trouble differentiating between the two whereas you clearly and evidently do.

There is NO hypocrisy here because I want the manager sacked immediately. What part of that do you conveniently ( in order to carry on your bullshit narrative) do you not understand? What I want is my club to be in the best position possible when our current crap manager is sacked, just as I did before Wenger was sacked. Very easy and very simple when you’re a fan of the club, which you’ve shown time and time again to have trouble with.

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member

Judging as a youngster you can overlook it I guess, but when he's meant to be one of your best players it's not good enough at all.. Definitely needs to add end product to take the next step. His overall game has been lacking to start this season too, but I'm not worried about that yet.

He essentially made the assist today, Auba tapped in Pepe's first 2 efforts but Saka and Partey's roles were just as important in the goal

Liam_Og

Decent cameo peformances from Cedric too

I’m remaining positive chief, but that statement needs work. He had a shot on the half volley from 25 yards, and as the commentator said “thats up and over the bar, and it will fall out of the sky eventually”

He did nothing wrong as such, but his cameo wasn’t ‘decent’

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

In the 2nd half ESR brought on some good & much needed energy for us in the 2nd half but after seeing the highlights again, one thing that let him down was his finishing. He should have scored that goal at the end to make us 2-0 up & put it to bed. He was 1v1 with their keeper but he shot it at the perfect height for their keeper to stop it. If he'd done it along the ground lower & a bit wider I reckon he would have got it. Even a bit higher. They've all got to work on our finishing no doubt. We should have won by more then 2 but our finishing was pretty poor & let us down. A very lucky goal was the only thing that got us over the line in the end tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom