• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Win Premier League: Tottenham Hotspur 2 - 3 Arsenal | Sunday, April 28th | KO: 14:00 BST | Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
Funnily enough I think this being at their dung heap benefits us - we generally play a much more controlled game style away from home.
We're getting clean sheets away from the Emirates at a rate of nearly 60%. Let's hope Arteta picks a lineup that is ready to score goals.

King87

Kai's having the time of my life

These cvnts will be playing like it's their CL final.

We have to beat them in energy and workrate. Quality will take care of itself. We are a much better side than them in that respect.

No losing our heads either and getting a silly sending off.
We can't beat them in energy, they've had 2 weeks rest, while we've played 3 games since, best bet is our superior quality gives us the edge

TheEliteMaster100_

Turns up only when we lose
After Villa performance in the 2nd half and the Allianz last week, this will be our next big test.

Chelsea without Gusto/Palmer (top 3 most important players) and a heavily ravaged Wolves squad cannot be comparable to White Hart Lane against a rested Sp**s team.

Can our team pull through? a draw is not acceptable after drawing at the Etihad and dropping 3 points to Villa at the Emirates.

You saw Liverpool losing to Everton yesterday in a derby despite dispatching Fulham at Craven Cottage... our players/Arteta have shown they can't handle pressure games.

Getting 89 and losing the title, we can blame ourselves for our failures but less than 87 points then we need to have discussions, serious discussions.

Badger_Revenge

Pressure schmessure. Everyone always talks about the pressure Arsenal should feel, but it goes both ways. Sp**s have to win this game as well. Their Champion's League hopes are in the balance, and frankly that may be more of a concrete issue for them as a club.

Arsenal wins this if the team DOESN'T feel the pressure - if it plays to it's own strengths with calm focused intensity, and prepares adequately to deal with the strengths of the other team. They are good enough to win this. Thinking about pressure just gets some playing with fear, and then you get a breakdown of trust within the team. They should be reaching, not recoiling.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
After Villa performance in the 2nd half and the Allianz last week, this will be our next big test.

Chelsea without Gusto/Palmer (top 3 most important players) and a heavily ravaged Wolves squad cannot be comparable to White Hart Lane against a rested Sp**s team.

Can our team pull through? a draw is not acceptable after drawing at the Etihad and dropping 3 points to Villa at the Emirates.

You saw Liverpool losing to Everton yesterday in a derby despite dispatching Fulham at Craven Cottage... our players/Arteta have shown they can't handle pressure games.

Getting 89 and losing the title, we can blame ourselves for our failures but less than 87 points then we need to have discussions, serious discussions.
That's not entirely true. I'd argue Brighton was an incredibly pressure game that we handled extremely professionally. Arteta's main issue was he screwed up the lineup against Villa with the CL distraction in mind. Villa also gave City a decent game despite resting half their side.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

That's not entirely true. I'd argue Brighton was an incredibly pressure game that we handled extremely professionally. Arteta's main issue was he screwed up the lineup against Villa with the CL distraction in mind. Villa also gave City a decent game despite resting half their side.

That's not entirely true either imo - we were dominant in the first half so I can't see how it was a line up issue? To me the Villa game was Arteta taking too long to make changes when it was clear we were flagging badly in the second half.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
That's not entirely true either imo - we were dominant in the first half so I can't see how it was a line up issue? To me the Villa game was Arteta taking too long to make changes when it was clear we were flagging badly in the second half.
Were we dominant? We created quite a few chances sure, but Villa did as well on the break.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

Were we dominant? We created quite a few chances sure, but Villa did as well on the break.

In the first half? The only thing of note they mustered was the Watkins shot off the post after Gabriel inexplicably passed the ball into the back of Zinchenko. We should have at least gone into HT 1-0 up.

They outplayed us in the second half for sure.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
In the first half? The only thing of note they mustered was the Watkins shot off the post after Gabriel inexplicably passed the ball into the back of Zinchenko. We should have at least gone into HT 1-0 up.

They outplayed us in the second half for sure.
Maybe not clear cut chances but i do remember them having quite few half chances from some dangerous breaks. I don't know I never really felt the sense of control that we had against Brighton with Havertz in midfield and Zinchenko at the back.

HighburyHigh

People saying they've had more rest, but imo that can be detrimental as you have to start from scratch again with no momentum. We always look rusty after an international break.

We are in the groove and flowing. We just need to weather the first 15 minute storm as no doubt they'll come out the traps flying, but don't concede, keep it tight to quieten the crowd, then once we get a foothold they won't live with us.

sdotzdot

Established Member
We can most definitely do it. But we also might not do it. Also, we may possibly just half do it.

So, all to play for. Excited!

Gooner505

We’re going to get a few early chances and we need to bury them. If we aren’t clinical when we get the opportunity, then they will score first and the game will change completely. Have a feeling Oedegaard is going to score one.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
People saying they've had more rest, but imo that can be detrimental as you have to start from scratch again with no momentum. We always look rusty after an international break.

We are in the groove and flowing. We just need to weather the first 15 minute storm as no doubt they'll come out the traps flying, but don't concede, keep it tight to quieten the crowd, then once we get a foothold they won't live with us.

You're right on the momentum point.

On the weathering of the storm point, I think its the other way around. We'll probably put them under massive pressure in the first half, and they'll look to maintain their pressure for 90 minutes because of their lighter legs.

We need to win the game in the first hour, otherwise we'll struggle.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba

Their stadium is for Go Karts, the NFL and Beyonce before them. They're not f*cking Madrid. They're a team we've wiped our feet with for decades and will beat on Sunday.

Tom Mix

If City drop points tonight I wonder if that will help or hinder the boys mentally. You would think it would give them a boost, but I wonder...
Northing to wonder. We need it to be in our hands id we are to win it.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

The good news is they really have to go for it too, we can use their anxiety against them. The crowd will be willing them but it could work against them and their style could see them making some risky decisions which will leave them vulnerable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I think I lost my hair flicking the ball on for all them years at the near post from Brian Marwood's corners

Steve Bould
Top Bottom