• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Win Premier League: Wolverhampton Wanderers 0 - 2 Arsenal | Saturday, April 20 | KO: 19:30 BST | Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tomb Bombadil

We have to put in some fresh legs and minds. I hope we see ESR in the middle. And I hope we give Saka doesn't look the same player the last few games.

Raya
White - Saliba - Gabriel - Zinchenko
Rice - Partey
Jesus - ESR - Martinelli
Havertz​

Beany

ITK
Trusted ⭐

RP English is the worst form of English that were foisted upon us non-native speakers. I'd take any regional English accent over RP. It is boring, and in its ultra-RP version, it is reminiscent of Edward VIII's abdication speech on the BBC in 1936.

In fact, it got me into a bit of bother in Newcastle on a school trip in the late 80s. I wanted to ask for more water at a restaurant, and in my best English ( and probably like the scene from Oliver Twist) I asked for some more water. The waitress shot back: Yes, but there is no need to be so snotty about it! I was absolutely mortified at the time. In hindsight, I probably sounded like said Edward VIII above, and no wonder she took offense.

I've always wondered why RP has this shimmering light of social advancement in England. Why would you give up the accent where you come from? There is more character in one sentence by Jamie Carragher, Ray Parlour or Ian Holloway that in hours of RP.
I remember coming back to London from four years at university in Leeds in 1990 and being told by my friends that my accent had gone “posh”. No idea how that happened. Pretty much all my friends there were from up north, so maybe it was just a natural way to distinguish.

Anyway I went to Jewish prep and grammar schools, where they were far more interested in religious studies, maths and science (I was pretty awful at all of these) over English or any other subject for that matter.

I do remember taking a school trip to the iron bridge in Coalbrookdale and driving past Molineux once…:lol:

HighburyHigh

I’ve got enough in me to do this a one more time.

Lose today and I’m out. COYG.
I concur. Win today and sets up nicely for Tuesday as could go 4 points clear Tuesday evening and put a bit of pressure on Cheaty when they play Brighton. Lose or draw today then I've checked out for the season just like the team. Won't watch another game again until the new season.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Imagine going into this match after beating Villa...would be absolutely buzzing right now, even if we still lost to Bayern.

Could he going 7 clear of City (adding to the goal difference) before they play next, and them having to go to Brighton away (who have a weekend off to rest) after they have a energy sapping game in the cup v Chelsea...could have really put them under pressure.

Hate this sport 😭

Riou

Careful now...

I remember coming back to London from four years at university in Leeds in 1990

@GoonerJeeves at the mere mention of this place in Yorkshire...

stare-angry.gif

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Pretty certain how this going to go. The boys will press hard in the first half and if we break them down and score a couple there’ll be a collective sigh of relief and all will be good as the lads relax

If it’s 0-0 at half time, nerves will creep in again as we tire and either we’ll draw or lose.

GDeep™

League is very weak
This is where we’ll take out our frustrations at hit 4/5 goals. This is also the sort of game where Saka and his buddies turn up.

Saka, Ode, JaySus all to score.

Riou

My team for today...

Szczesny
Bellerin-Koscielny-Mertesacker-Monreal
Cazorla-Coquelin
Ramsey-Özil-Sanchez
Walcott
...going for the 2015 FA cup final team, as at least they know how to win some ****ing trophies!

Sapient Hawk

Destiny's Hand 🖐🏿
Trusted ⭐

This is where we’ll take out our frustrations at hit 4/5 goals. This is also the sort of game where Saka and his buddies turn up.

Saka, Ode, JaySus all to score.

Nothing in our history at this stage of the season suggests we're winning let alone with an enthusiastic margin.

elemoo

Can see us resting players for a much weaker team. If it’s 0-0 at half time, I think it’ll end 1-0 Wolves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

It is well known the referees are protected very well like the lions in the zoo so we have to live with their decisions

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom