• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Quincy (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GraPu

I am agree if he go to Italy. He'll get the experience in there,rather than stay in the reserve league, he can learn in there.

However, i am afraid that playing in Italy would limit his style of play and he wouldnt play to his maximum pontential.

So,do you think play in the reserve league wouldn't limit his improvement?

A

Anonymous

Yeah Loaning him to serie A would be tremendous .. But However I afraid that he might not want to join us back after his loan spell ..

Chicago

No.11 said:
Yeah Loaning him to serie A would be tremendous .. But However I afraid that he might not want to join us back after his loan spell ..

he's gonna be playing for a lower Serie A side, what would make him take them over Arsenal. He certainly can't play alongside Thierry Henry in Serie A, that's for sure

Muppy

wer said:
However, i am afraid that playing in Italy would limit his style of play and he wouldnt play to his maximum pontential. :|

If anything, he must learn how to adapt to the slower pace, tactical and more disciplined style. When he comes back, he will have a huge advantage as he knows how to break different types of defence. All in all, he's going to become a more complete striker.

Army of Me

Established Member
i think he should stay as well, i think he's got a decent chance this season of breaking through.

if Pires is out, then he might just start on the left or come on for Reyes. Not to mention he could play up front as well, but with Reyes, RVP, Henry and Bergkamp his chances are more likely to come on the wing.

IBL

Established Member
I'd prefer for him to stay here for next seasons and get a few more games than last season. He can play on the left, right or up front. We need cover for Freddy, Bobby and Reyes (especially if any of them get injured or leave). Hopefully he'll play in every FA Cup and Carling Cup match just to get more matches under his belt.

Gurgen

Established Member
Stefano said:
Gurgen said:
Quincy in the most boring league in the world?
Utter bollox.

No it's not bollox.

Serie A football has a pretty big chance of destroying players with attacking flair. It destroyed Van Basten, it almost destroyed Bergkamp and it will certainly destroy someone like Quincy.

Lord Dula

Established Member
I see Gurgens point, but let us not forget Serie A has spawned some serious attacking talent over the years - Zola, Di Canio, Kaka, Baggio, and Maradona spring to mind.

lee1001

Established Member
People are getting a little too excited about Quincy in my mind.

He is the same player now that he was back in May. Yes he has had a good tournament so far but that is against under 21's.

Problem with Quincy is that he isn't consistant. On his day he is brilliant, on other days invisible. Until he becomes consistent he doesn't stand a chance of becoming a regular.

Don't get me wrong. He is an exciting talent. But he needs more time.

rashin

I think that Italy will be good for him, it's the most technically and tactically proficient league imo and would turn him from talented to complete. He will be forced to learn to defend as well. Also, diversity is one of the keys to success and we don't have anyone really with italian experience except paddie (dennis and tit don't count)

Canuck

Established Member
lee1001 said:
People are getting a little too excited about Quincy in my mind.

He is the same player now that he was back in May. Yes he has had a good tournament so far but that is against under 21's.

Problem with Quincy is that he isn't consistant. On his day he is brilliant, on other days invisible. Until he becomes consistent he doesn't stand a chance of becoming a regular.

Don't get me wrong. He is an exciting talent. But he needs more time.

I'm looking forward to seeing him play in the red&white as much as anybody. But I think Lee hit it on the head. People are starting to get over stimulated. Sure he's having a great tourney over there but remember it's still u-20's. He has plenty of time to refine his game and don't worry. I'm sure Wenger will try and hold onto a talent like Quincy. I think he's going to fit quite well into Wenger's long term vision. As long as the kid doesn't go and do anything stupid.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Money, Money Money must be funny in a rich man's world! why else go to russia, it couldn't been expensive because I don't see usholding him back if he wanted to leave. Should have gone back to Holland instead

qs

Established Member
Im not disappointed at all. It had become clear Quincy wasnt becoming the player we had hoped.

A

Anonymous

I was shocked as it came out of the blue. I guess Walcott and maybe Smith were rated better but I do feel this could come back and kick us in the nuts.

Hope a low buy back price in contract.

asajoseph

Established Member
Spartak Moscow? Ouch...

Sounds like trouble in paradise to me - obviously he wanted first team football now, and he's just not good enough for Arsenal at the moment.

Definitely a player we can afford to lose.

Anyway, this isn't a transfer rumour, it's an official story. This belongs in Arsenal Talk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I think in England you eat too much sugar and meat and not enough vegetables

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Friday, May 17

Cedric and Mohamed Elneny will leave the clubs when their contracts expire this summer [Fabrizio Romano]

Newcastle have joined Arsenal and Liverpool in the race to sign Barcelona winger Raphinha [TBR Football]

Arsenal are keen on Benfica’s 21 year old striker Marcos Leonardo [TBR Football]

Aaron Ramsdale denies agreement to join Newcastle:

Talks have progressed over a deal to take Ramsdale to Newcastle, in a potential £15m deal [Luke Edwards and Sam Dean - Telegraph]

Latest posts

Top Bottom