• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Stiliyan Petrov

GlasGreenGunner

Touted to Bayern Munich by Lothar Mattheus as a replacement for Ballack.
While not being as good as Ballack just yet, this guy has the potential to get there.
Is desperate to move up a level as far as league status is concerned, but the guy has been a sensation for Celtic, and would be available for minimum £5million. (Mainly because he signed a new deal in January).
Captain of his country, and a good box to box midfielder.
Could be a replacement for Vieira in that in the SPL as well as europe he has enhanced the physical side of his game as well as his skills.
Is equivelant to anything in the EPL below Gerrard, Lampard and Cesc as far as midfielders go.

I know some of you guys go on about the SPL being inferior (which of course it is), but if this guy was already in the EPL, he would be valued around the £12million mark.
Any ideas ?

Chips&CurrySauce

I've always rated Petrov, far too good for the SPL.. However he is a player we don't need, as Cesc plays the same role and is obviously the more talented. I'm not sure if Petrov is quite top top level, ie good enough for us UTD etc, but I think for a club like Man City, Villa, or even Tottenahm he would be an excellent signing..

longrufus

Established Member
Good player, but doubts over his ability to shine in the EPL, let alone at a big club like Arsenal.
Anyway we have never been linked so football talk.

Arsenal Quotes

We played with a bit of a handbrake

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Sunday, May 26

Talks have taken place between Marcus Rashford and Mikel Arteta [AFCamden]

Nothing is decided between Arsenal and Emile Smith Rowe [Fabrizio Romano]

Latest posts

Top Bottom