• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Mind Series: Tottenham Hotspurs vs Arsenal | Sunday, August 8 | KO: 14:00 BST | Arsenal.com

Match prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

rockofcashel

What sickens my hole, is this talk about "bringing in new players".. "working hard on potential transfers" etc

The season starts next Saturday.. even if Lionel Messi was signed tonight, he'd have f*** all time working with the other players to get into a system

We're now potentially going to buy 2-3 top players.. who could take weeks to integrate and get ready to play

But by the end of August, you might have lost to City, Pool and Sp**s.. as well as f***ng Brentford.. and you're already out of contention by Sept 1st

If you're buying players.. buy them ffs

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
I honestly don’t want to watch anymore. It makes me very sad. I don’t want the CL or the League, let the oil clubs have it, football has sold his soul anyway so really those trophies don’t have much meaning anymore imo.

I just want the few people steering this club to make the right choices and make the best of what we have. That’s all. It’s really not that hard. But from the Leno over Emi choice, to the treatment of Saliba, to refusing to play the kids for a long time and persisting with trash, the Willian contract, playing Auba on LW it really isn’t that hard. We shoot ourselves in the foot and start 2-0 behind and I am really tired of it and not looking forward to what dumb **** we will do next. I really hope we can count on the match going fans to put maximum pressure on Arteta. Really doesn’t deserve much credit or support.
Seeing Messi going to play for PSG is gonna hurt, I wish he never left Barca and I don’t even like them.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Arsenal is basically just what happens when your girlfriend gets fat and rank. You know what she used to be like so you hold on in hope she changes until eventually the scales tip too far to wrong way.
You date girls who drink? Not me.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
The whole point of pre-season is to go to the Alps, build up fitness and beat some farmers to make yourself feel good for the new season, not to f*cking lose in a local derby a week before the first game! Person who agreed to this pre-season schedule should be fired.

Liam_Og

We looked far better first half , you clearly didn’t watch the game , we were ****ing abysmal second half
I watched the whole game,
I am strongly considering contacting trading standards to get my money back after paying for it. I swear some people say ‘you clearly didn’t watch the game’ to try and shame people into not replying

1st half we were constantly getting caught on the counter, Ben White looked like prime Maldini as a result, Bellerin was a complete liability.

Auba was awful first half, did not have anything worth talking about, no pace, no first touch, couldn’t find space, wouldn’t drive at his man, wanted around the man every time, he sprayed one cross field ball to Pepe and he had to run late, as he wasn’t expecting it. I’m a Laca fan, but he looked like he was wading through knee high porridge when moving, he needs runners around him, saka showed more in 5 mins linking up than auba did in the first 60.

First half was awful but papered over by some decent individual performances in White and Sambi.

there was nothing positive to talk about in the collective performance, this was without Sp**s playing with a forward, if they’d had anyone at number 9 who knew how to ply their trade, Sp**s would have had 3 or 4.

and before i get the quote reply saying ‘its only preason’ we play the opening PL21-22 fixture on friday, thats 5 days, what changes are we realistically going to see in 5 days?

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
I’ve actually told you why I called you out, stop being a baby and move on. You said something dumb and now you’re getting all outraged when people tell you that you’ve said something dumb. Give it a rest man and just try not to say dumb things next time.
Nah your being somewhere on the spectrum as usual, anyone says anything related to your beloved Pepe that isnt all adoration and creaming themselves you get upset and start whinging.

To play an inside forward without dominating the ball is insanity tbh. Today for example you would've had Regullion and Son 2v1 Bellerin the whole match if Pepe was playing as an inside forward. Now maybe Pep would've got a goal, maybe not... but to leave that situation where those 2 are vs Bellerin so Pepe can be in his best position 🤣 they would have murdered him and we probably wouldve conceded about 4 or 5 goals.

But hey Arteta trying to play a balanced team is dumb I guess youre just a genius who can see that Bellerin would have no problems 1v2, if only I could see the world like you do.

TornadoTed

Established Member
You guys notice how ESR hogged the RW? Its like we aren't allowed to have players in central positions. No wonder we get countered on so easily.
Unfortunately it is totally by design. Mikel's one and only tactic, create overloads on the wings to create crossing opportunities.

It is so predictable, we must be so easy to defend against.

It is pretty apparent now that he won't change. What annoys me most, even more than it being horrible to watch is that it doesn't even make sense with the players we have. If is considered the blue print of how he wants to play sign a centre forward who is good in the air and play Willock, or someone like Willock who can arrive late in the box and attack crosses.

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko
How else would I get them to sleep with me?
That's just creepy man.

Edit: Actual gif of @OnlyOne dating.

eS5naWY.gif

Tom Mix

What sickens my hole, is this talk about "bringing in new players".. "working hard on potential transfers" etc

The season starts next Saturday.. even if Lionel Messi was signed tonight, he'd have f*** all time working with the other players to get into a system

We're now potentially going to buy 2-3 top players.. who could take weeks to integrate and get ready to play

But by the end of August, you might have lost to City, Pool and Sp**s.. as well as f***ng Brentford.. and you're already out of contention by Sept 1st

If you're buying players.. buy them ffs
It will be like this so long as the Kroenkes own the club.

TinFish

Don't you think it is ironic having Arsenal support the mind series when being an Arsenal fan virtually leads to mental breakdowns?

Arsenal fans have had it mentally tough for the past decade. There were even reports of African supporters committing **** when we lost 8-2 to Manchester and got battered by Bayern. These were issues in the past, but every year new, humiliating issues pop up.

RandomHero84

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saka
We look second best to Sp**s by a mile, and I'm getting used to it. Everything about modern arsenal brings to mind words like "naive, comical, weak, mismanaged".

Every season we go in totally hamstrung. One of the worst run clubs in the league. Even if we sign players now, it's getting a bit late in the day to call us "prepared".

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
At this point I wouldn't care having Conte with his only way of playing with 3 back, even if I hate 3 back.

White - Gabriel - Tierney
AMN. Tabares

It actually could be a very nice back 3. And with good practice and work you could have good varieties making AMN sometimes going forward and sometimes going inside as CM in an inverted role. In the wing side if you let Tierney and Tabares to attack, they can cause a lot of troubles in that wing.

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
At this point I wouldn't care having Conte with his only way of playing with 3 back, even if I hate 3 back.

White - Gabriel - Tierney
AMN. Tabares

It actually could be a very nice back 3. And with good practice and work you could have good varieties making AMN sometimes going forward and sometimes going inside as CM in an inverted role. In the wing side if you let Tierney and Tabares to attack, they can cause a lot of troubles in that wing.
Would you not just play Holding in the middle, push Gabriel to the left and Tierney as the wing back. We now actually have the team to play it fairly well tbh. But when we didnt it was the only thing Arteta would use 🤷‍♂️

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
Would you not just play Holding in the middle, push Gabriel to the left and Tierney as the wing back. We now actually have the team to play it fairly well tbh. But when we didnt it was the only thing Arteta would use 🤷‍♂️
No, that's too defensive for me, I would use Tierney as LB/LCB hybrid. So when we attack it could be like playing 4 at back and when we defend 3 at the back. Tabares looks like a very very good LB to be in the bench the whole season. Davies vibes.

And holding is very bad with his feet to play at the center. Only way to play him there is asking the one CM to drop deep and make the both CB to open a lot like FB. But I don't like that much. For me in 3 at the back the Libero needs to be very good playing the ball.

CountChocula

What actually happened in the match? I worked the entire match and literally couldn't watch a second.
A bit too much like last season, hence everyone in the thread complaining. We dominated possession, but it was sterile and didn't lead to anything threatening while Spuds hit us on the counter and had better chances than we did.

Tom Mix

Classy and Tottenham are not two words that normally fit into the same sentence but the reaction to Saka's coming on was a splendid gesture.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom