• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Under-18s Thread

TH14shahriar

A gentle soul
With the England U16s on international duty. Its kinda funny because he's actually an u14 :lol:

Theo Julienne, Brando Bailey-Joseph (U15), Jack Porter (GK) and Owen Asemota (GK) also got called up.

We got some serious talent, thats for sure

Something I'm really looking forward to next season is seeing Nwaneri in the first team. Arteta don't let me down boss. Besides titles, the best feeling as a supporter is seeing a young player from the academy start playing regularly for the first team.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

The U18s win again, this time against Aston Villa. They were winning 2-0 but we came back to win 4-2.
Goals from Rosiak (pen), Copley, Zecevic-John (!) and of course, Chido Obi with his 21st for the U18s. That makes him the highest scoring schoolboy in our history, beating Rhys Murphy's record of 20.
Rhys Murphy is in the 6th tier now 👀

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Rhys Murphy is in the 6th tier now 👀
Yeah, he's at Yeovil IIRC. He had a really tough time with injuries very early on and never kicked on. Similar thing happened to Benik Afobe, who was a similar player. Been a struggle for a lot of Hale End strikers, but hopeful that Chido Obi is the one who will change the narrative.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐

Wilshere's turned it around for me. Big results with a young team still struggling in defence but he has the attack well and truly patterned now. 3rd in the league, not far behind Chelsea and West Ham (both strong recent batches). Needs another big Youth Cup run next season and hopefully a win. Must say, still think the defence needs a bit of bolstering. Brayden Clarke has promise but doesn't seem to have prevented the goals from going in, and while we have promising keepers, just feel that we need another CB or two to make us a bit more solid. I'd argue we need to sort our full-back situation out aswell. Half of them are midfielders! :lol:

He'll have to do without Obi for large stretches of the league I feel. There's no way Obi doesn't go to the U21s. Have to wonder if we bring in someone to compete with Obi as he's the standout striker to the point of nobody else even being mentioned in the conversation with him. So I do wonder who becomes the U18 striker next season, with the wingers already seemingly worked out. Zecevic-John and Bailey-Joseph look like they'll be the main guys, with Kabia and Kamara being the main U21 wingers along with Obi upfront. Wilshere will probably have his strongest midfield in a minute though with Ibrahim, Julienne, Dowman, and 2nd years like Akolbire and Copley.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐

Highlights baby!

The goals we conceded were comical. Asemota looked very raw in these highlights but a very good penalty save. Think Ranson looked a bit more secure between the sticks but good to see we still have very good shot stoppers coming through. Clarke still looks like he's adapting aswell.

Going forward we look very dangerous though. Kamara will have moved up by next season but he and Zecevic-John are very quick and seemingly powerful dribblers along with Obi. Very impressed with the attack and how the midfield is improving. Intrigued by next season as we know a few of these will be coming up to U21 (Rosiak, Kamara and Obi in particular).

lomekian

Essays are my thing

Highlights baby!

The goals we conceded were comical. Asemota looked very raw in these highlights but a very good penalty save. Think Ranson looked a bit more secure between the sticks but good to see we still have very good shot stoppers coming through. Clarke still looks like he's adapting aswell.

Going forward we look very dangerous though. Kamara will have moved up by next season but he and Zecevic-John are very quick and seemingly powerful dribblers along with Obi. Very impressed with the attack and how the midfield is improving. Intrigued by next season as we know a few of these will be coming up to U21 (Rosiak, Kamara and Obi in particular).
Last 4 goals conceded by the u18s have been appalling goalkeeping errors out of nowhere by the very very young keepers. Meanwhile Arsenal u18s have scored 17 since the first of those errors

Latest posts

Top Bottom