• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Under-23s Thread

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
No idea why Hutchinson isn't starting, but from what I saw, he should be. Akinola has improved quite a lot. He looked a bit lost when he first joined. But I put that down to the coaching on both fronts.

He was injured and the team was in good form. Guessing the coach not trying to ruin the flow. He will be starting soon enough. Him and Taylor-Hart coming off the bench is a dangerous combo for tired defenders to have to deal with.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

I have lurked Brighton forum a bit to get injury news etc., so peeked their match thread a bit:

Originally Posted by Farehamseagull

No disgrace, they’re a very good side.

Balogun and Patino are future stars."

Originally Posted by boik

Indeed. I wouldn't put Balogun on penalty duties though. He's got 2 goals but from 2 awful penalties.

Tom349

Our 2003 intake of kids is seriously talented. Crazy to think to the number of talented kids England has produced from that year already.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Our 2003 intake of kids is seriously talented. Crazy to think to the number of talented kids England has produced from that year already.
Yeah, the likes of Hutchinson and Monlouis haven’t made an England squad this season despite their performances. I think Hutchinson is unlucky in that the England u19s called up the likes of Scarlett and Gordon despite them being 2004 born - even though they’re good players I think it’s purely down to them getting games for Liverpool and Sp**s in the cups.

Betsy is doing a brilliant job, no wonder he was so highly rated, he’s improving every player.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Joel Lopez has been our best player in a lot of games this season by the way. Thought he was one of those who didn’t have a future here but he’s very similar to Monreal in his style, very good on the ball.

He’s 19 so his loan move next season will be massive, he looks to have the talent to play in La Liga if we can sort a good loan for him.

TromsoGooner

Obsessed With Looking for Eric
He didn`t score yesterday but Biereth looks very interesting. Good pace, powerful and always on the move. Must be very hard to play against and in a few years time he could be a beast of a striker.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
Yeah, the likes of Hutchinson and Monlouis haven’t made an England squad this season despite their performances. I think Hutchinson is unlucky in that the England u19s called up the likes of Scarlett and Gordon despite them being 2004 born - even though they’re good players I think it’s purely down to them getting games for Liverpool and Sp**s in the cups.

Betsy is doing a brilliant job, no wonder he was so highly rated, he’s improving every player.
with Betsy and Per in charge we are looking very very good

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

with Betsy and Per in charge we are looking very very good
It was interesting to hear Per say his plan is a 10yr one after initially thinking it was a 3yr plan. If that means he stays that long it’s a massive win for us, I think he’s destined for a big role with the DFB.

The perfect situation would be him staying for a while in this current role, having a spell with Germany before returning here in Edu’s role.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
Per doesn't seem to have any sort of ego, and doing a good job seems to be higher on his agenda than personal ambition, so there is every chance he continues with us in a backroom role, with increasing power

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Salah looks like a player. The type that will translate well to senior foo

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
We've been far superior but Newport now ahead thanks to a Swanson missed clearance and now a Rory Delap routine.

I'm still genuinely baffled how Omari is not getting England youth callups. He's just made a bit of a mistake for my liking not making a reverse pass in to Taylor-Hart but he just has fantastic technical ability, great close control, and an amazing ability to turn and be agile with the ball with his low centre of gravity. He looks to me like a Sterling level talent, with more technical ability. Perhaps Sterling had / has a bit more explosion? I don't know, it's hard to tell when watching them against lesser competition.

Salah's had a nice game. Taylor-Hart recently every time I watch him underwhelms me and worries me. He's far too passive and doesn't seem to be using his technical and physical gifts to much effect.

Tom Mix

Astonishing stuff! Edge of my seat. I was really worried we were going to be overtaken by Plymouth and there we are now, just three points behind Swindon and level with Newport (a goal behind on goal difference).

Going to get blind drunk tonight!

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚

Last-minute winner.
Very nice work and composure from Edwards on the goal. Kind of annoying that he can't get regular games for the U23s because of the Balogun situation. We really need to clear up some space at U23 level with loans in the winter. Edwards, Flores, and Hutchinson should all be starting there regularly at this point, really.

Hutchinson especially being as big a prospect as anyone and as good a performer at U23 level as anyone bar Patiño needs to be found a spot in the lineup for. If Betsy wants to keep his system no matter what and wants to put both Balogun and Biereth in and keep Taylor-Hart ahead in the pecking order, than Omari should at least play at RWB for Alebsiou.

Top Bottom