• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UEFA Cup QF

bobbypires

Established Member
PSV Eindhoven-Newcastle
Marseille-Inter
Celtic-Villarreal
Bordeaux-Valencia

My favourites in bold.

1st leg: 04.08.2004
2nd leg: 04.14.2004

brianfrance

Established Member
Adam said:
After the games, i'd fancy Inter to buy him in the summer!
Marseille says like Arsenal for Titi, NOT FOR SALE !! He scored 28 goals this season !
But as everybody here knows, French club are not rich, if a great club can offer something like 10£ 12£ (15-20M Euros) I think he can leave. Marseille bought him at Guimgamp 8 month ago for something like 5M 6M Euros (3- 4 M£)
We'll see at the end of the season :D

Sammer

Established Member
Drogba is a great player, great technique and skill. Can´t see them selling him at this point, if he has long contract with Marseille it makes sense to keep him another year and then sell him.

brianfrance

Established Member
Sammer said:
Drogba is a great player, great technique and skill. Can´t see them selling him at this point, if he has long contract with Marseille it makes sense to keep him another year and then sell him.
Yeah it makes sense, but with money, you can do everything or almost in the football
Remember for Pires (at Marseille too); was sold !
Ronaldinho at PSG ; was sold !
Laurent Blanc at Marseille; was sold !
Dalmat at PSG; was sold !
Makelele at Marseille; was sold !
ETC ETC ETC

So, I hope Drogba will stay at Marseille one year or more, but here money is needed to survive !

Sammer

Established Member
Yeah, I´d like him to stay.

Anways, it´s good to see some french teams surviving in the last rounds of the big european competition.

They are clearly the best football nation at present times, but none of their clubs really play a major role in the CL...

Adam

Established Member
France needs a big spender, rather than a big seller. Germany have Bayern in a similar strength league. The French have outstanding youth development, and there is alot of talent there - but the established talent always moves on.

tox

Good point that Adam, need someone to spread the wealth, maybe Roman fancies buying another club?

Mark

Established Member
Don't rule out Marseille, they've shown what a good side they are and Drogba is certainly a quality player.

I agree with the rest though BobbyPires, those are my favourites to go through. It's going to be quite interesting.

Arsenal Quotes

Nobody has enough talent to live on talent alone. Even when you have talent, a life without work goes nowhere

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Saturday, May 18

Arsenal‘s interest in Ivan Toney has waned. It is unlikely he will join this summer and neither will Alexander Isak, with the club no longer interested at his £120m price [John Cross - The Mirror]

Benjamin Šeško will cost €65m this summer [Sky Sports Germany]

Latest posts

Top Bottom