• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

What international football squad do you support?

A

Anonymous

i support england, because they represet my country. i am a huge patriot, and anything english i love. but recently ive found it increasingly hard to cheer for the national team as they are just full of dirty northerners !!! so now im beginning not to support the team except in the competitions, then i will support them as they will be representing my country on the world stage. i will be happy for ENGLAND to win, but not the english PLAYERS to win. honestly its hard to go from hating becks,nevilles,rio etc etc then having to support them. but at the end of the day, im england till i die

France and Spain.

It's France coz majority of Arsenal players from there...

Spain..i can't explain that. It sorts of the same reason why i support Arsenal, the gunshot came out from the blue and turned me into a gooner :angel ... well if i was a goner i'd be a devil...image how life would be if i'm a devil :cry:

I don't live in England but i have been there once, so i couldn't say i hate them.

I hate Italian the most coz they have some kinda smurk on their faces. Glad there's no Italian in Arsenal.

The Mini

clockend_faithful said:
how can you support more than one country !!!!

Let me see, you visited that country and loved it. The football, the people and the food. Your team is mainly made up of players from a certain country...

I prefer Italy and France for the above reasons but prefer England and Israel (look at earlier posts: my mother was born in Israel). I can't really grasp the idea of being proud of a country just because you come from it. I'm not proud of England, and what they've done. But I still support the team because I am English... but this proud thing is sometimes just plain stupid.

Be proud of a country because of what they've done, not because of your nationality swaying towards them.

Biggus

Established Member
im england til i die, im england til i die, i know i am im sure i am, im england til i die

no surrender
Careful Clockend your NF undies are showing :roll:
I'm sick of international football interfering with the pointy end of our campaign :| all its good for is when theres nothing else on in the off-season :(

SF Gooner

1. Iran (a complete waste of time i know, but i am what i am.)
2. Brazil (boring I know but are a joy to watch sometimes.)
3. France (obivous reasons)

OZGunner

I obviously follow the SOCCEROOS! We will (or ought to) clobber South Africa in a couple of days.

In Europe GERMANY, My Surname is German, but my relatives have been out here since the 1850's I believe so I can't claim to be son or even grandson of Germans, barely know the language. (Besides all the non-Anglos in Melbourne wear Turkish, Greek, Italian (insert distant relatives homeland) clothes and pass themselves off as that country, like when Galatasaray beat us in the UEFA Cup, the press showed the all the expats and their friends and their neighbours lighting flares and blocking traffic! SO IF IT IS GOOD ENOUGH FOR THEM, THEN IT IS GOOD ENOUGH FOR ME!

I like to see Holland do well, except for horseface,

France well their Arsenal players.

I don't even mind England!!!(or is it Great Britain?) :lol: unifying the team is their only hope of winning the World Cup that matters!

I will now have a renewed interest in Spain now, even if they can't win, but I wouldnt barrack for them.

For me in a nutshell:
1 Australia
2 Germany
3 Holland
4 France
5 England
6 Brazil, no real interest in the team only the aesthetics.

Who do we hate/dislike may also be an interesting alternative question to this forum. So I will kick it off!

Hate:
1 Uruguay/Iran both teams broke my heart in WC qualifiers, it is hard to forgive them.
2 New Zealand; boring arrogant and classless (insert any joke/comment you like here) and they have an all too unhealthy interest in wooly animals.
3 Italy I am exposed to too many of their try hard relatives.

Soler

Established Member
OZGunner said:
I don't even mind England!!!(or is it Great Britain?) :lol: unifying the team is their only hope of winning the World Cup that matters!

You can't do that. England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales have their own FA's who are in turn apart of UEFA. To do that the FA, SFA, IFA and FAW would have to be merged into one and renamed.

Sammer

Established Member
I always support Teams with the most gooners playing, which obviousely is France.

But with national teams, I basically support technically brilliant offensive football and fair play ( which automatically excludes Italy :mrgreen: )

For the Euro 2004 - definately France, as they have the most brilliant team.
Can´t really support England as it is basically a ManC-Chelski-Pool dominated team.

Biggus

Established Member
Oh, and my obsession with Arsène helps me side with France as well,
Phoebe..Read some stuff of Arsène's and his opinion on friendly internationals especially right in middle of the European season.How would you feel if Thierry or Bobby broke their leg playing for France in a meaningless friendly. Internationals are ok in the off-season when there are no Arsenal games :|

skart14

I would support the dutch...next to the french they have the most gifted and talented squad imo.....too bad a certain horsefaced **** is playing for them....

KingReyes

Established Member
I support Australia cause I am an aussie myself. Then England cause I am a big fan of the EPL. I also like Holland for the way they play.

Aussie

Established Member
KingReyes said:
I support Australia cause I am an aussie myself. Then England cause I am a big fan of the EPL. I also like Holland for the way they play.

Had a good win this morning. Auctually was pretty decent game for a friendly.

KingReyes

Established Member
Aussie said:
KingReyes said:

Had a good win this morning. Auctually was pretty decent game for a friendly.

Yeh..I'm really impressed by Bresciano. The defense was a bit shaky though, I say bring on Kevin Muscat :p :p :p

Arsenal Quotes

Of the nine red cards this season we probably deserved half of them

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Saturday, May 18

Arsenal‘s interest in Ivan Toney has waned. It is unlikely he will join this summer and neither will Alexander Isak, with the club no longer interested at his £120m price [John Cross - The Mirror]

Benjamin Šeško will cost €65m this summer [Sky Sports Germany]

Latest posts

Top Bottom