• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

WSL 21/22 - Arsenal vs Chelsea. September 5 2021, 12:30 BST

Keplaz

Caught the game today, refreshing watch.

Like the way they attacked with great movement and flair and then when Chelsea took control of possession they adapted to a counter style seamlessly.

Lots of great blocks and players committing to the cause in order to defend the lead.

Most refreshing of all, no diving, rolling about, surrounding the ref, moaning about bad decisions and a nice offside goal in our favour :)

Women's game going from strength to strength, good to see.
The Women's Game is too underrated. I'm hoping the exposure will change people's perceptions. There's real quality in the game now.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Annoyingly, it wasn't even on FAplayer. They only had audio

Had to find other means to get a stream...

Please share if you find one for the next game. Its great to get updates but nothing beats seeing our players live.

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
Have you tried Ata Football?

I watched it on DAZN in Germany, but it was sponsered by "Ata Football" and looks like it's free to watch there too.
But not sure it's different in every country.

SA Gunner

Some more highlights being posted, will update as better quality comes out.

Just look at the football, movement and finishing. Superb.

Joestlaachmkr

Slightly OT, and this will probably be a unpopular opinion.

But i have never understod the point of us having a women’s team, other than political correctness. There’s very little revenue in women’s football, and the women’s cost a whole lot more than what it brings in.

Just my two cents.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

But i have never understod the point of us having a women’s team, other than political correctness. There’s very little revenue in women’s football, and the women’s cost a whole lot more than what it brings in.

Just my two cents.
Actually the Arsenal Women went £9k in surplus for the 2019-2020 season. Commercial income has doubled from 2018 to 2020 and broadcasting revenue near tripled.

So the women's team is not a burden on the parent company by any stretch of the imagination.

The club has a proud history in the women's game, and I would suggest that has a value beyond financial considerations. Manchester United only got a team this year. We've supported football for women since 1987. Next year will mark the 20 year anniversary for when the team became fully professional.

The big clubs have a responsibility to football as a sport. I think in terms of women's football, Arsenal has taken on that responsibility better than most of the bigger clubs.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
women's football is big in the US, and it looks as if it is going to go on growing world-wide, so I am glad to see we are an important part of that future

Just my two cents.

How about having woman team so we can allow girls to grow up with dreams of play football when they are older like boys? For girls to have role models of their same gender?

Or you know like right now. For us males to have Arsenal team that can actually play football to support?

SA Gunner

Just my two cents.

1630921486029.png

pikey2000

Just my two cents.
Everyone is entitled to their opinion but in this case id say its a bit short sited, as others have said the womens game is on the up and up, revenue is up, exposure, tv deals, fan following all on the increase, so even if it isnt wiping its own face right now it will not be long before it does.

My home town club Bristol City have branched out into Women's football, Basketball, Rugby all under the same ownership, clubs are moving into more than just a mens football team these days so may as well be at the forefront of it all and push the club forward on multiple fronts imo.

Joestlaachmkr

Actually the Arsenal Women went £9k in surplus for the 2019-2020 season. Commercial income has doubled from 2018 to 2020 and broadcasting revenue near tripled.

So the women's team is not a burden on the parent company by any stretch of the imagination.

The club has a proud history in the women's game, and I would suggest that has a value beyond financial considerations. Manchester United only got a team this year. We've supported football for women since 1987. Next year will mark the 20 year anniversary for when the team became fully professional.

The big clubs have a responsibility to football as a sport. I think in terms of women's football, Arsenal has taken on that responsibility better than most of the bigger clubs.
I read a report a few years ago which stated that the women’s team was more or less fully subsided by the men’s team. But the media as well as the FA has done all in their Power to make women’s football look more relevant during the last few years.

I remember there’s was talk about closing the women’s team back in 2006/07, due to financial issues.

Joestlaachmkr

Everyone is entitled to their opinion but in this case id say its a bit short sited, as others have said the womens game is on the up and up, revenue is up, exposure, tv deals, fan following all on the increase, so even if it isnt wiping its own face right now it will not be long before it does.

My home town club Bristol City have branched out into Women's football, Basketball, Rugby all under the same ownership, clubs are moving into more than just a mens football team these days so may as well be at the forefront of it all and push the club forward on multiple fronts imo.
In what way is women’s football on the way up? The spectator numbers in women’s football are about the same level as it was 10 or 15 years ago. And the reason as to why we see more and more articles about women’s football in the media these days, is because the sport has been hijacked by the SJWs, and are today used as a political tool.

Women’s football these days are, sadly enough, 90% about politics and 10% about sport.

pikey2000

In what way is women’s football on the way up? The spectator numbers in women’s football are about the same level as it was 10 or 15 years ago. And the reason as to why we see more and more articles about women’s football in the media these days, is because the sport has been hijacked by the SJWs, and are today used as a political tool.

Women’s football these days are, sadly enough, 90% about politics and 10% about sport.
I'd have to agree to disagree. To me the signs point toward growth, certainly the sky sports tv deal will give greater exposure which will build the fan base and drive more money into the game, so its growing, if you sign a better TV deal than the year before then that is by definition growth.

Exposure and revenue aside the quality is definitely improving as well, more international players have come into the league which drives the quality upwards and increasing the overall quality. Did you watch the game VS Chelsea? The quality of football on display is not comparable to 10 or 15 years ago, so again clear and definite growth of the womens game to me.

Maybe there is some desire by the clubs to push the womens game as some form of PR/political correctness exercise but i don't believe that to be the sole driver.

Top Bottom