• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Youngsters On Loan Watch

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Biereth 2 goals today to put Sturm first in the table, 1 point ahead of RB Salzburg, who play later today. Might be able to lift a trophy in Austria. The next two games will be against Salzburg, first in the league, where the winner will lead the table. After that in the Cup semifinals, the winner will be favourite to win the final as well. Going to be very hard, but who knows.

I still don't think he's at the level to make an impact for Arsenal next season. 15 million could be possible if he's sold. That's around the same as the last two strikers that were sold by Sturm Graz in the last two summers (Emegha and Hojlund).
A buyback would be good, he's certainly got potential and especially a nose for goals.
Selling him would be mistake imo. It’s funny those 3 strikers are born within few days of each other. He turned 21 last month and has missed quite a bit of football due to injuries. If you watch him closely he is made for PL football. He has great combination of size, technique and work rate.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Would be more smart to get him a loan in a Big 5 league, think he could score there 10+ goals and we would get more than 15m.
He himself said in an interview, that he wanted to join them permanently, but Arsenal didn't allow it.

He was bought in 2021 from Fulham, so doesn't likely have a big affection for the club. We should expect him wanting to move permanently next summer, and not renew.

froehlix

Selling him would be mistake imo. It’s funny those 3 strikers are born within few days of each other. He turned 21 last month and has missed quite a bit of football due to injuries. If you watch him closely he is made for PL football. He has great combination of size, technique and work rate.

That's definitely true. Emegha is just a freak physically and is a fun but frustating player, but Biereth definitely has a higher ceiling than him.
I just don't know if he can translate his qualities to the PL, especially for a title challenging side. Hojlund looked even better than him, while being two years younger back then.
Hojlund looked like Haaland Mk2, while Biereth looks promising, but so did the likes of Daka and Hwang in Austria.

lazyfreak

He himself said in an interview, that he wanted to join them permanently, but Arsenal didn't allow it.

He was bought in 2021 from Fulham, so doesn't likely have a big affection for the club. We should expect him wanting to move permanently next summer, and not renew.
He didn't say he wanted it, but rather he was open to it. I think he'll be given a chance at least. It'd be stupid of the club not to. I mean you don't recall a player who's doing well to send him on loan again and even blocking a permanent move just to sell him at the end of the loan? He gives you what Nketiah does plus a bit more.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

He didn't say he wanted it, but rather he was open to it. I think he'll be given a chance at least. It'd be stupid of the club not to. I mean you don't recall a player who's doing well to send him on loan again and even blocking a permanent move just to sell him at the end of the loan? He gives you what Nketiah does plus a bit more.
Arsenal will very likely have Havertz, Jesus and Trossard for false 9 next season. Plus strong rumours of another one.

So no, I can't see him staying. It was a good move for him. It will bring a nice profit for the club. Arsenal is a title challenger.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom