• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Jean Seri

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yato

They killed Chelsea's in two of three games last year. Devastation.

Did we kill Liverpool, or Tottenham, or City maybe, Manchester United perhaps?

We lost a ton of matches with this kind of midfield, but stick to it, we will win the league with this midfield for sure, yay Arsenal.

blaze_of_glory

Did we kill Liverpool, or Tottenham, or City maybe, Manchester United perhaps?

We lost a ton of matches with this kind of midfield, but stick to it, we will win the league with this midfield for sure, yay Arsenal.
We did City in the Cup and took four points from Utd, actually. Did you watch those games? And I never said we'd win the league.

I just hope we can do as well as we did in the pre-2013 years of beautiful football before our midfield just totally fell apart, back when we had so much success and were winning trophy after trophy.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Shaka and Ramsey are nor physically weak. Where is this idea that we have weak cams came from? If we started with Santi, Wilshere and Özil then perhaps - this didn't happen at all last season,

upthearsenal

It's doubtful Ramsey can play every match. We need someone else in that a-mid or box-to-box position regardless of his and Xhaka's physicality, unless you want to trust Willock to do the job.

carlito'sway

Established Member
Genuinely concerned by the lack of activity in CM so far this Summer. Even if one wants to believe that the Xhaka-Ramsey duo can play the whole season (totally unrealistic, we all know), I simply don't think they are good enough quality wise. Not to mention utter blandness on the bench with the likes of Coq or Elneny.
We desperately need a quality No 8, able to control the tempo, positionally and tactically disciplined. That should be the main focus now.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
My gut tells me Wenger is seriously banking on Jack and Santi to get back to form and fitness. If that's true it's a suicidal decision but that's where I think he's coming from and why we aren't seriously looking into the market for an orthodox CM.

samshere

Why so serieuse?

My gut tells me Wenger is seriously banking on Jack and Santi to get back to form and fitness. If that's true it's a suicidal decision but that's where I think he's coming from and why we aren't seriously looking into the market for an orthodox CM.
Agree with your gut, most people are thinking that we drop to El Neny after Xhaka- Ramsey but I'm of the opinion that Wenger considers both Jack and Santi as able to contribute. Both of them are injury prone, but can be reasonably expected to be fit for half the season. So in my mind its two halves making a whole. Our midfield options should read:
1. Xhaka
2.Ramsey
3. Wilshere+Santi
4.El Neny
5.Coq.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me

Agreed, I'm thinking the same thing, although if we do get Lemar Wenger may use him at CM when/if required. I would love Jack to be able to play a part.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Genuinely concerned by the lack of activity in CM so far this Summer. Even if one wants to believe that the Xhaka-Ramsey duo can play the whole season (totally unrealistic, we all know), I simply don't think they are good enough quality wise. Not to mention utter blandness on the bench with the likes of Coq or Elneny.
We desperately need a quality No 8, able to control the tempo, positionally and tactically disciplined. That should be the main focus now.
Yeah, but we signed Kolasnic...

Best LB in bundesliga...

BobP

Memri Fan
People see our midfielders dispossessed and immediately point to their weak physical build.

In most cases it's to do with our poor structure resulting in a lack of connection and the right angles and or passing lanes to other players which leaves the ball possessor vulnerable, almost like a sitting duck as opposition players swarm him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

The biggest things in life have been achieved by people who, at the start, we would have judged crazy. And yet if they had not had these crazy ideas the world would have been more stupid.

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Sunday, May 26

Talks have taken place between Marcus Rashford and Mikel Arteta [AFCamden]

Nothing is decided between Arsenal and Emile Smith Rowe [Fabrizio Romano]

Latest posts

Top Bottom