• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang

Do you want us to sign him?

• Yes

Votes: 174 80.9%
  • No

Votes: 18 8.4%
  • Maybe

Votes: 23 10.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

IslingtonBornandbred

We don't have unlimited funds though. Sure, we can get Aubameyang and Mkhitaryan for ~90 million, but it leaves us few funds to address the key areas: wings, midfield, defence.

We'd have the depth to play a 50 million quid striker out of position or stick him on the bench and to do the same with Mkhitaryan, but we'd still have rubbish wingers, a problematic midfield and a leaky defence.

Lacazette isn't on fire at the moment, but he'll do for now. Mhkitaryan doesn't have a place in the team unless Özil leaves this window. Just invest what money we have in the problem areas before looking to upgrade or improve our depth in positions we're already reasonably well stacked in.

We sold Coquelin, we sold Ox, Elneny we go in the summer, Giroud will probably go now or in the summer, Walcott's gone. There's money to get for Welbeck as well, as well as Campbell, Perez in addition to separate transfer budgets.

I reckon we can get them both and Malcolm, move on some of the deadwood, and address other areas. It's what big clubs do. It's about time we start acting like a big club rather than the peasants imo. It's the manager's problem imo, and we shouldn't get into the mindset of turning down better players than the ones we already have i.e I'd rather have Özil and Miki rather than Özil and Iwobi. I don't see why it has to be Özil or Miki. Looks at City, Aguero and Jesus, Silva, B.Silva and KDB, Sane and Sterling. I think it's a good thing. That way, if our squad was set-up so we have too many top players rather than too little, we wouldn't end up with Iwobi and Welbeck both starting league games together.

infinium

PEA will replace Lacazette up front. I cannot see Wenger choosing two up top. He loves Xhaka, Ramsey and Özil. And he's shown that Iwobi can get up to anything and he won't be dropped for the "sake of the team". The only one he might be tough on is Jack.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Not convinced of Aubameyang, his sheannigans at Dortmund combined with his age (28ys for someone reliant on pace) put me off to be honest.

I thought exactly the same, right up until we were strongly linked to him. After that, my opinion changed and I came round to him. Lucky coincidence, right?

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
PEA will replace Lacazette up front. I cannot see Wenger choosing two up top. He loves Xhaka, Ramsey and Özil. And he's shown that Iwobi can get up to anything and he won't be dropped for the "sake of the team". The only one he might be tough on is Jack.

Does he watch our games?

Toast

Established Member
We sold Coquelin, we sold Ox, Elneny we go in the summer, Giroud will probably go now or in the summer, Walcott's gone. There's money to get for Welbeck as well, as well as Campbell, Perez in addition to separate transfer budgets.

I reckon we can get them both and Malcolm, move on some of the deadwood, and address other areas. It's what big clubs do. It's about time we start acting like a big club rather than the peasants imo. It's the manager's problem imo, and we shouldn't get into the mindset of turning down better players than the ones we already have i.e I'd rather have Özil and Miki rather than Özil and Iwobi. I don't see why it has to be Özil or Miki. Looks at City, Aguero and Jesus, Silva, B.Silva and KDB, Sane and Sterling. I think it's a good thing. That way, if our squad was set-up so we have too many top players rather than too little, we wouldn't end up with Iwobi and Welbeck both starting league games together.

Fair enough. I admire your optimism. I still think we're just buying whoever we can get rather than trying to build a squad with a clear plan in mind. City, for example, assembled a squad with a clear style of play in mind. I don't see a plan for our signings. We just grab whatever we can and then try to figure out how it all fits together. Wrong way around.

To replace the two wingers we're selling I'd simply prefer two quality wingers rather than getting a striker and an AM who just happened to be unwanted at their current clubs. I'll wait and see how it all pans out, but so far it just seems more of the same square pegs for round holes nonsense we've suffered from for far too long.

infinium

Weird to talk about Mkhitaryan now as backup for Özil when years ago we could have got Fabregas for £25M and possibly denied Chelsea/Mourinho another PL title as a result

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
Should have heard something by now, getting worried
might **** to his goal against Sp**s to calm me nerves

IslingtonBornandbred

Fair enough. I admire your optimism. I still think we're just buying whoever we can get rather than trying to build a squad with a clear plan in mind. City, for example, assembled a squad with a clear style of play in mind. I don't see a plan for our signings. We just grab whatever we can and then try to figure out how it all fits together. Wrong way around.

To replace the two wingers we're selling I'd simply prefer two quality wingers rather than getting a striker and an AM who just happened to be unwanted at their current clubs. I'll wait and see how it all pans out, but so far it just seems more of the same square pegs for round holes nonsense we've suffered from for far too long.

I agree. We should have had a clear plan in place from when it looked like Alexis wanted to go. The whole saga has been a joke. His replacement was going to be Lemar, now it looks like that's changed.

But, like I said previously, whilst I agree that the whole thing has been mismanaged with no direction, given the situation we find ourselves in right now, I wouldn't turn down Auba or Miki, given that we are losing Alexis anyway.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Honestly Wenger.... Auba, Mhiki, Malcom...

giphy.gif

Arsenio Venger

This is gonna be bing bang boom. The only reason I believe we're getting multiple guys is because we're getting rid of multiple guys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I was receiving offers from many other clubs and declining them all, even the most tempting ones. Juventus, Real Madrid, PSG contacted me, Bayern, France, England...I am happy to have been able to say no to more glory, more money, and to have been guided only by the idea of loyally serving the club. I had knitted myself a soul in Red and White.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom