• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Fighting Until The End

Complains about having to play wide-forwards and midfielders as full-backs.

Demands signing Soares on 70k per week for 4 years. (Sidenote: AM in love with it too / Hydro complains though).

Then goes on and plays Xhaka as a full-back.

Lovely stuff.

Kav

Established Member
That's right we've lost so many games because Arteta specifically tells the players to make individual errors. He also tells VAR officials to make shocking decisions against us.

You are quite dim saying something like that. Some losses were down to overall team performance. Most were down to errors either with officiating or with individual players or both.

Oh and Mikel has been excellent in cup comps and much better in big games than Wenger. He would comfortably do well in the CL.

👀

This guy proceeds to quote me and instead of addressing what I actually said. Paraphrase into his own words and raises different issues to arrive at a different conclusion. Yet wants to say that I’m dim. 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
Frankly, some unforgivable decisions.

Agreeing to PEA contract demands - why? He still had 1 year to go and we could have got a good performance in his final year. How many times do we need to learn not to extend players more than 1 year past 30? If players at that age love Arsenal and want to fight for this shirt, then they'll bank on themselves performing and to earn a annual contract extension. Wenger always had the right idea. This new policy of signing players into their 30s has crippled us financially.

Selling Martinez to fund Wilian signing and get Runnarson.

Signing Wilian - most on here knew he was past it - and we committed $200K per week over 3 years. He was 32 - poor signing and mismanagment of funds.

Signing Soares - you don't sign a backup to $70K per week over 4 years - he'll take it to his retirement.

Not selling AMN if he didn't fancy him - we could have got good money for him.

Sending Saliba on loan instead of giving him an opportunity. FFS - he chose Mustafi over him for the Europa League squad - fvcking unforgivable. Wenger would never.

Real Madrid loanee players - were they really needed?

Sending Kolasniac on loan without a reliable backup to Tierney. That is moronic. Kolasniac is definitely serviceable left back - take him over Xhaka any day.

I don't care what people say, it's all about decision making and responsiblity. Wenger had that - Mikel and the current goons in charge do not. They deflect blame to others and won't stand up to admit their wrong. Still haven't seen Arteta admit to his screw up on Saliba and poor decision on Wilian. Edu has gone quiet too.
Need change. We need to stabilize our club.

Tree Points

Another annoying Manc
Because you’re a United fan trolling on an Arsenal forum like what’s even the point? You’d get banned for this on other clubs forums dunno why the mods here allow it. The other United fans here are cool though.

Is redcafe not good enough for you?
I’m not trolling though Big Pops.

I don’t like RedCafe, too many Liverpool fans on there.

mirrorstare

Arteta not winning the Europa League, is his job seriously in danger, no doubt about that one. The question you ask yourself is, are you willing to miss out on Champions League for the sake of getting rid of Mikel?

Don't really care about what happens to a club that hasn't sacked Mikel at this point, nothing suggests he will be sacked if he fails to win the EL anyway. It's about the sport

I don't want Artetaball get rewarded with an European trophy at all, it would drag down the standards of football. Being a supporter of this team is several levels below having a watchable sport people can actually enjoy instead of this misery us masochists force ourselves to invest time upon.

Vicki

What does your post even mean? Sacking him is a solution to not being in Europe next season?

Can people in this forum please ****ing type logically?
If he doesn't get to the Final then he's gone.

If he doesn't win the Europa League Final then it's 50/50
The Kroenke's think that getting to the Final is a 'result', but with no European Competition next season, and with fans to bribe, sacking Arteta is an easy solution, although they have to pay up his contract and hire a new man, so not set in stone.

If he wins the Europa League by beating Manchester United in the Final, and giving us the chance for Champions League next season, AND the Super Cup 'Experience', then he has to stay

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
👀

This guy proceeds to quote me and instead of addressing what I actually said. Paraphrase into his own words and raises different issues to arrive at a different conclusion. Yet wants to say that I’m dim. 🤣🤣🤣🤣

I spoke about what you spoke about, but keep up on your high horse bro. Not a good look.

Artisan

Not Emery's Old Pal
The whole Arteta appointment and tenure had the feel of someone getting high off the smell of their own fart thinking they are outsmarting everyone by hiring the next Pep. They will back him for one more season and based on /r/gunners and that ridiculous Athletic poll couple of weeks ago, pretty sure most of the fanbase will still be behind him regardless of what happens in EL and the league.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

Live footage of Arteta breaking all kindza records:

200.gif

Camus

Trusted ⭐
4 wins in our last 13 PL games is disgraceful. People want to act like our Oct-Dec form was just an outlier but these stats say otherwise.

Ash10

Chairman of the Bum Brigade
That's right we've lost so many games because Arteta specifically tells the players to make individual errors. He also tells VAR officials to make shocking decisions against us.

You are quite dim saying something like that. Some losses were down to overall team performance. Most were down to errors either with officiating or with individual players or both.

Oh and Mikel has been excellent in cup comps and much better in big games than Wenger. He would comfortably do well in the CL.
So you're only gonna count mistakes going against Arteta? Don't opponents make mistakes that we take advantage of? Didn’t Wenger lose games because of individual mistakes? I mean he lost the UCL final only because of individual mistakes. Our invincibles run came to an end because of a dive ffs.

& Arteta will do well in UCL? The guy barely wins against the likes of Olympiacos & Benfica. If Wenger had gotten his draws, we wouldn’t even sweat about getting to the finals. I'm not saying Arteta is trash(tho his record says he is) but the excuses you come up with constantly are ridiculous

akhil

4 wins in our last 13 PL games is disgraceful. People want to act like our Oct-Dec form was just an outlier but these stats say otherwise.

Ødegaard wasn't such a big saviour after all was he.

We can spend 150 million this summer and we'd still be mid table with this poser in charge. I can't believe he still has fans on here. This whole ESL idea has been a welcome distraction for him, the fans focus is completely on the owners while he's dragging this club back to the pre Wenger era.

Sooner the fans are in the stadium, the sooner he gets sacked.

Camus

Trusted ⭐
Ødegaard wasn't such a big saviour after all was he.

We can spend 150 million this summer and we'd still be mid table with this poser in charge. I can't believe he still has fans on here. This whole ESL idea has been a welcome distraction for him, the fans focus is completely on the owners while he's dragging this club back to the pre Wenger era.

Sooner the fans are in the stadium, the sooner he gets sacked.
Yep, it's a case of the standards had been lowered to literal rock bottom that a player coming in a just playing decently was going to be hailed as some kind of saviour.

I like him and think he's done alright, but the notion that all Arteta needed was the right AM is pure rubbish. Our issues are much bigger than that.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Would be easier to laugh at Sp**s and Mason, if my boy wasn't gonna be taking us to 11th in a few hours :lol:

Arsenal Quotes

My first ever football memory was Charlie George's double winning goal in 71. After that game; I just became an Arsenal fan.

Paul Davis

Latest posts

Top Bottom