• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal vs Brighton/PL Matchday 38

Do you want to qualify for the Europa Conference League?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Start the kids. See what they can do.

They can't be worse than what we've seen from Willian, Elneny and co this season.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
All those burger places are rip offs, where would you recommend? There’s nowhere good in Camden really just kebab shops.
Have you tried out BIRD? There's one in Chalk Farm. Their chicken and waffles are insane if you're into that.

Zia Lucia for amazing pizza as well, would have to be off deliveroo though I think they're near the Emirates.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

Really looking forward to a home game seeing all the fans back in a little while, hopefully I'll see as many fans back as I can despite our results in general this year.

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

Arsenal director Josh Kroenke will attend Arsenal’s Premier League match against Brighton & Hove Albion this afternoon, The Athletic can reveal.

Kroenke also visited Arsenal’s training ground on Saturday, to speak to the squad ahead of the club’s final match of the 2020-21 season.

Arsenal host Brighton at The Emirates today and need to win to be in with a chance of securing European football next season.

It has been a difficult campaign for the club, with the decision of the club ownership to sign Arsenal up to a breakaway European Super League leading to widespread fan protests, with further demonstrations planned ahead of today’s match in north London.

Arsenal have been the subject of takeover interest from Spotify founder Daniel Ek in recent weeks, who has said that he is “very serious” about purchasing the club and has secured funds for a deal. Arsenal legends Thierry Henry, Dennis Bergkamp and Patrick Vieira have all joined his bid, although the Kroenke family have stressed they do not want to sell.

What will happen on Sunday?​

Kroenke, who travelled from the United States to London, will attend Arsenal’s match against Brighton at The Emirates, which kicks off at 4pm on Sunday.

Kroenke also visited Arsenal’s training ground on Saturday.

It is understood he spoke to Arsenal’s squad and delivered a message about the importance of unity and the ownership’s plans to build for the future.

He is believed to have addressed manager Mikel Arteta and his players in the dressing room at London Colney, afterwards talking to some individually and offering compliments and reassurance about the path ahead.

Why does this matter?​

Kronke is not a regular at Arsenal matches and this is his first match since the outbreak of COVID-19 in 2020.

His presence is notable because Arsenal will welcome back 10,000 fans for their final match of the season.

Protests against the Kroenke family are expected on Sunday, after the Arsenal Supporters’ Trust called for further demonstrations against the club’s ownership to be staged ahead of the match.

The Supporters’ Trust said in a statement that, in their opinion, the “current board is simply not fit for purpose”.

The protests follow Arsenal’s decision to join a breakaway European Super League, only for the project to collapse hours later.

What is at stake this afternoon?​

A win could see Arsenal rise to seventh and secure a place in the new UEFA Europa Conference League, which launches next season.

Arsenal are at the mercy of their rivals, however.

Both Tottenham Hotspur and Everton sit above them in the Premier League table, meaning Arsenal need them to drop points if they are to have any chance of securing European football.

Sp**s travel to Leicester City, while Everton visit The Etihad to take on champions-elect Manchester City.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵

Be excited.
Graham Potter auditioning for the job in front his future boss? :shivering:

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
look how little they care that his first visit since early 2020 maybe after emery when was sacked. covid or not at least Josh need to be more involved.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Arsenal director Josh Kroenke will attend Arsenal’s Premier League match against Brighton & Hove Albion this afternoon, The Athletic can reveal.

Kroenke also visited Arsenal’s training ground on Saturday, to speak to the squad ahead of the club’s final match of the 2020-21 season.

Arsenal host Brighton at The Emirates today and need to win to be in with a chance of securing European football next season.

It has been a difficult campaign for the club, with the decision of the club ownership to sign Arsenal up to a breakaway European Super League leading to widespread fan protests, with further demonstrations planned ahead of today’s match in north London.

Arsenal have been the subject of takeover interest from Spotify founder Daniel Ek in recent weeks, who has said that he is “very serious” about purchasing the club and has secured funds for a deal. Arsenal legends Thierry Henry, Dennis Bergkamp and Patrick Vieira have all joined his bid, although the Kroenke family have stressed they do not want to sell.

What will happen on Sunday?​

Kroenke, who travelled from the United States to London, will attend Arsenal’s match against Brighton at The Emirates, which kicks off at 4pm on Sunday.

Kroenke also visited Arsenal’s training ground on Saturday.

It is understood he spoke to Arsenal’s squad and delivered a message about the importance of unity and the ownership’s plans to build for the future.

He is believed to have addressed manager Mikel Arteta and his players in the dressing room at London Colney, afterwards talking to some individually and offering compliments and reassurance about the path ahead.

Why does this matter?​

Kronke is not a regular at Arsenal matches and this is his first match since the outbreak of COVID-19 in 2020.

His presence is notable because Arsenal will welcome back 10,000 fans for their final match of the season.

Protests against the Kroenke family are expected on Sunday, after the Arsenal Supporters’ Trust called for further demonstrations against the club’s ownership to be staged ahead of the match.

The Supporters’ Trust said in a statement that, in their opinion, the “current board is simply not fit for purpose”.

The protests follow Arsenal’s decision to join a breakaway European Super League, only for the project to collapse hours later.

What is at stake this afternoon?​

A win could see Arsenal rise to seventh and secure a place in the new UEFA Europa Conference League, which launches next season.

Arsenal are at the mercy of their rivals, however.

Both Tottenham Hotspur and Everton sit above them in the Premier League table, meaning Arsenal need them to drop points if they are to have any chance of securing European football.

Sp**s travel to Leicester City, while Everton visit The Etihad to take on champions-elect Manchester City.

Ek nowhere to be seen. I know who actually cares about my club. :shivering:

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
One thing is for sure (and probably the only thing that's sure) is that Josh is a lot easier on the eye than his truly hideous father

RacingPhoton

Established Member
Me opening match-day thread looking for some football discussion, only to find people reviewing burger shops:
7umz.gif

#ThankYouMikel

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Shakeshack is the biggest rip-off of all burger joints. It’s a shame you live out of reach of some great place I know on Uber eats, you’d have had the best burger of your life for under half the price!

Can't be a bigger rip-off than 5 Guys, surely? Swear I spent 15 quid in there once for a standard burger n fries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I'm obsessed by the idea of making my mark on history. And Arsenal is my paradise.

Thierry Henry

Latest posts

Top Bottom