• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Managerial Royalty

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
What's the point of keeping him?

Say Stan throws a 150m quid our way and we sign Arteta's players and it doesn't work out, the next manager will then have to start from scratch again.
The point is he's had a year and a half here. In that time, he's had to deal with a lot and still won 2 Cup finals. We are slowly getting there, clearing out deadwood, targeting the right players, give him another season. Its pointless changing managers every season. Look at Klopp and Peps first season at City and Liverpool. A rebuild takes time, but it will click next season, im confident.

GDeep™

League is very weak

Say Stan throws a 150m quid our way and we sign Arteta's players and it doesn't work out, the next manager will then have to start from scratch again.
The club have belief in him and the project, otherwise he would’ve been sacked. They probably believe it is worth continuing and backing/funding the process they started 18 months ago, rather than hiring a new manager and starting all over again.

Don’t forget, you probably have to change the whole model as most managers will not work under Edu.

shoot for the top

What makes you want him? From what i saw of him at Juve and Milan, the football wasn't great. I know our football right now isn't either, but give Arteta time to fix it.
Allegri is a proven winner. Has the highest win rate of all the recent Juve managers. Last person to take Juve to the Champions League Final. Deals well with flair players (Pogba), can imagine him to do well with some of the ones here. Arteta is not even comparable.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Pretty sure ‘Arteta’ players will be good players as he just seems to be a chequebook manager.

I’m not too worried about that atm.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Allegri is a proven winner. Has the highest win rate of all the recent Juve managers. Last person to take Juve to the Champions League Final. Deals well with flair players (Pogba), can imagine him to do well with some of the ones here. Arteta is not even comparable.
You’re dreaming though. This club hasn’t hired an elite manager since Wenger left and they aren’t going to start now.

Finesse

I understand reading some of what his says is pretty nauseating at best. 😬. I then wonder , what else would I say in his place? Then it hit me. I would probably we worse. The most important issue is him and I would know we have been **** , made some mistakes , won some and learned a lot to take into the next season. For me that is what matters. It is painful for him to go out there and so those things for the media. He got no choice. I would only worry if he indeed believes it. Which I know he doesn’t. He is no mug.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
Not sure about this logic, most of the league underperformed. Chelsea, Liverpool, Utd won’t be this bad again.

You get the feeling while these clubs will be back to their usual level of performance, this season was the limit for Arsenal. Guess it'll be around 75 points for Top 4 again while atm I don't reckon Arsenal can get much more than around 65.

squallman

Still Pining for Wenger
Even with this **** season they still only finished 6 points off. No reason not to challenge with some decent signings.
Mikel-Arteta-3.jpg

Arsenal Quotes

We don't sign superstars, we make them.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom