• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Loss PL: Brentford 2 - 0 Arsenal | Friday, August 13 | KO: 20:00 BST | Sky Sports

Match Prediction

• Brentford

Votes: 46 30.1%
  • Draw

Votes: 33 21.6%
  • Arsenal

Votes: 74 48.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
People aren't even bothering to be optimistic this year :lol: First game it's normally 90 per cent voting for a win.

I think people have had enough of seeing Bellerin, El-neny, Xhaka, Laca, Holding, Mari playing for Arsenal. Even current form Auba, who when not scoring goals is a complete liability is sad to watch. Just mediocrity everywhere. And Arteta is such a control freak of a manager who seems to lack any flair. Just playing this slow and methodical style that kills the flow of the game and takes away any unpredictability. We need quick thinkers with technique, tactical awareness and flexibility and the balls to make a difference when the game gets tight. Everything about the club is stale and annoying.

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Ødegaard
Well we've beaten Watford and Millwall at our training ground, does that count lol?
Why won't it count? We include it in our official match list. But yeah arteta hate means it is not included.

Same with this game. Everyone predicting loss for sure. But if we win, it will be only Brentford. Or lucky win. Calling it now.

Leo_ense_

AnthonyG Survivor
Squad is gonna be piss poor for this. No Gabriel, Gabi, Partey, Holding.

Hoping for a win considering who we play in the next two games but I’m not hopeful, honestly think we’ll finish the first 3 games with 1 point out of 9. Season over before it’s even begun.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Initially thought this was the final per season game, wow we really didn’t need it to come that first.

boxerumble

Baked Canadian

Went from six to midnight seeing a beautiful PL match day thread again. Quickly realize the state of us and I’m back to six.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Why won't it count? We include it in our official match list. But yeah arteta hate means it is not included.

Same with this game. Everyone predicting loss for sure. But if we win, it will be only Brentford. Or lucky win. Calling it now.
You understand that if you're in the position of scrounging for positives from preseason matches against dreck to defend the manager that you're just proving everyone's lack of faith in the manager to be correct, right? This post is not at all the endorsement of Arteta that you think it is. :lol:

HaffBR

Designer of fancy pyramids

Player:White
3-0 Arsenal. The problem are Chelsea and City, not Brentford. Arsenal is still an above average team in the route to finish 60 points in the league.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
Predictions are way too pessimistic lol.. This is a newly promoted team, we are massive favourites here.

Tom Mix

This is a unique opportunity to go top of the table.... for Brentford. I think we'll scrape a draw but given what a tough start we have to the campaign after this game the only good result here is a win.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐

i hope the VAR usage way better than last season i read they did fix the rules a bit like the lines will be thicker and there won't be offside if that player finger or mini part of arm is offside.

Pyres7

All you miserable motherfuckers. FFS where is your optimism? We’re gonna win this easier than you think & then smoke Chelski. God damn we’re 0-0-0. Don’t **** on my cornflakes.
The window closes on the 31st. Can we at least be somewhat positive until then?
PS- I love all of you and I don’t give a rats ass about ‘friendly’ games. My life sucks ok? Show some damn positivity about the only thing that brings me relief.
Or don’t. Whatever.
What's there to be optimistic about? So far all we've done is replace Luiz with White and looked awful in pre-season.

The mood might have been different if we had bought a #10 and replaced Bellerin, Xhaka and Leno. We've still got the same issues we had last season.

We'll probably win this but we made hard work of inferior teams last season. I voted a draw.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

We lacked a little bit of sharpness

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Friday, May 17

Cedric and Mohamed Elneny will leave the clubs when their contracts expire this summer [Fabrizio Romano]

Newcastle have joined Arsenal and Liverpool in the race to sign Barcelona winger Raphinha [TBR Football]

Arsenal are keen on Benfica’s 21 year old striker Marcos Leonardo [TBR Football]

Aaron Ramsdale has agreed to join Newcastle this summer [Sky Sports News]

Latest posts

Top Bottom