• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Loss PL: Brentford 2 - 0 Arsenal | Friday, August 13 | KO: 20:00 BST | Sky Sports

Match Prediction

• Brentford

Votes: 46 30.1%
  • Draw

Votes: 33 21.6%
  • Arsenal

Votes: 74 48.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
What did pissed me off yesterday Brentford did created 1-2 chances max their goals came from Chambers mistake and throw in and we seem never going to throw away these bad habits. The 2nd half Brentford created almost nothing and still scored the 1st half they had like only 2 clear chances toney didn't even have many touches on box ffs we were all worried about him.

Still that bad sign we still panic everytime they attack us.
This is it. They aren't actually good. When Norwich and Leeds played Liverpool in the opening day, they both played good football, they scored good goals.

Brentford looked like a Championship team. Honestly, there were soo many gaps to exploit if our players were allowed to play with freedom. Any half decent attack will score a few vs Brentford.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
This is it. They aren't actually good. When Norwich and Leeds played Liverpool in the opening day, they both played good football, they scored good goals.

Brentford looked like a Championship team. Honestly, there were soo many gaps to exploit if our players were allowed to play with freedom. Any half decent attack will score a few vs Brentford.
And that a worry i understand we had injures both goal scorers not in field and we played with many youngsters still should been better the Brentford plan was to kick it to long toney and that's about it and yet we managed to lose

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Emery went because he had lost the dressing room. The players were laughing at him. You don't survive that.

What about now though? They're not laughing at him cos he's probably quite a scary person up close, they just secretly dislike him and hope he leaves soon.

Beany

ITK
Trusted ⭐

It'll be ugly of course but it been coming we entered the season unprepared didn't improve the team offensively and got 4 key players injured.
This is what happens when you lack drive, power and focus in the market. Other teams identify deficiencies and plug them with clear targets, so the outcome is never in doubt. We negotiate/**** about and occasionally dip into the bargain/leftover bucket. A fatal combination of naivety and what appears to be owner detachment, leading to an absence of serious capital investment.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
This is what happens when you lack drive, power and focus in the market. Other teams identify deficiencies and plug them with clear targets, so the outcome is never in doubt. We negotiate/**** about and occasionally dip into the bargain/leftover bucket. A fatal combination of naivety and what appears to be owner detachment, leading to an absence of serious capital investment.
It happen every season since wenger was here too it seem they just got use to this BS the PL grow strongly and we'll play catch up i don't have much hope getting anything from city and Chelsea

teamsoutheast

Player:Ødegaard
Man that was a tough watch. Pressing was half hearted and disjointed. We really should know how to press opposing teams with coordination by now. We needed to be more aggresive and show hunger which we didn't do. I shouldn't have to say this about us as it seems like a broken record now and aggression and hunger is the bare mimum expected. Chambers was soooo soft for the first goal. That's the one issue for me which won't make him a top class defender, his aggression. That was such a crap clearance and half hearted attempt at blocking the shot. Leno's body language seems to indicate he doesn't want to be here and he's just going through the motions., He didn't seem to communciate with his defenders at all and seemed to just flap his arms in frustration at everything which is concerning. Lokonga was really good. He shows great stamina and is really clever with his technique and passing. Ben White needs more aggression and needs to win more aerial battles. Holding would have eaten those aerial balls up all day so hopefully we don't have another softie on our hands., If I remember correctly Stones had the same issues at a similar age. Emile Smith Rowe was our MOTM. He took the game to Brentford.

1 other person

Man that was a tough watch. Pressing was half hearted and disjointed. We really should know how to press opposing teams with coordination by now. We needed to be more aggresive and show hunger which we didn't do. I shouldn't have to say this about us as it seems like a broken record now and aggression and hunger is the bare mimum expected. Chambers was soooo soft for the first goal. That's the one issue for me which won't make him a top class defender, his aggression. That was such a crap clearance and half hearted attempt at blocking the shot. Leno's body language seems to indicate he doesn't want to be here and he's just going through the motions., He didn't seem to communciate with his defenders at all and seemed to just flap his arms in frustration at everything which is concerning. Lokonga was really good. He shows great stamina and is really clever with his technique and passing. Ben White needs more aggression and needs to win more aerial battles. Holding would have eaten those aerial balls up all day so hopefully we don't have another softie on our hands., If I remember correctly Stones had the same issues at a similar age. Emile Smith Rowe was our MOTM. He took the game to Brentford.
I just remember at the start of Arteta's tenure that we were so consistent on the press and it was really impressive. I don't know if it was a sundown from Emery's coaching before he was ostrasized by the squad. I just hope the squad is still backing Mikel, because he's going to be here at least the season out you'd expect.

ArsenalInMyHeart

This is your brain on ITK addiction
there's one thing I can't understand. Our defenders are not fast and skillful enough to escape pressing. why do we keep playing in the backline. I really hate this tactics. we keep sending the ball into the box when there isn't a good headball player in the team.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
I just remember at the start of Arteta's tenure that we were so consistent on the press and it was really impressive. I don't know if it was a sundown from Emery's coaching before he was ostrasized by the squad. I just hope the squad is still backing Mikel, because he's going to be here at least the season out you'd expect.
Couple of defeats he’s gone. Why on Earth would you expect him to see the season out?

Actually there was a very good press at the start of both Arteta and Emerys reign.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
I just can't get over last night. Playing in the spine of our team, in the opening game:

Lokonga - 21 years old
ESR - 21 years old
Balogun - 20 years old

Add to that:

Martinelli - 20 years old
Saka who comes on - 19 years old
Nelson who comes on - 21 years old
Taveras - 21, new signing, LB coming on to play RB

The experience surrounding them:

Leno - Error prone, coward.
Chambers - Shouldn't really still be at our club.
Pablo Mari - Inexperienced himself in this league
Ben White - 23, new signing.
Tierney - 24, told to ignore all defensive responsibilities
Xhaka
Pepe - 26 and Probably the least intelligent footballer i've seen.

The squad building has been so bad. The decision making has been so bad. Its not fair on these young players or the fans. I look at the young players and don't see any improvements in any of them since Arteta and his regime took over.

When ESR took over, he was a breath of fresh air, playing in triangles through the middle, now he's told to hog the RW touchline, with Pepe in front of him. Martinelli looked lost with Tierney playing LW all game, he found himself in good positions but Tierney didn't pass to him, he just got the ball and crossed.

I just can't get over that starting 11, its mindblowing how far we have fallen in such a short space of time and its hard to see a way back.

I love how you had a little summary of every player, but just left Xhaka with an ominous blank space :lol:

Beany

ITK
Trusted ⭐

It happen every season since wenger was here too it seem they just got use to this BS the PL grow strongly and we'll play catch up i don't have much hope getting anything from city and Chelsea
Only Wenger was able - and them for a limited period - to perform footballing alchemy with youth players and the under-appreciated. Chelsea, City and their ilk changed all that.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Only Wenger was able - and them for a limited period - to perform footballing alchemy with youth players and the under-appreciated. Chelsea, City and their ilk changed all that.
Yes but the old habits of leaving things late was still there remember when we played villa 2012 first game? We didn't improve the team got outplayed lost 3-1 and the atmosphere was very bad same happened yesterday it happen every season but this time will get worse because the early fixture is not easy for us

REEVIE1995

Smith Rowe and Tierney (with an exception to the second goal) were excellent yesterday but the fact that they were so good in a team that was overall so poor shows part of the problem. Smith Rowe picking up the ball, playing in Tierney and him crossing it seems to be our only strategy going forwards. If you can deal with the crosses ( which isn't too tricky because we don't get numbers in the box) then we probably will not score against you.

3 new players on the pitch (Balogun's first league game) plus Martinelli who doesn't usually start and it looked like the exact same type of performance as last season like we were playing a 39th game. That's the biggest concern, we have the same issues no matter who is on the pitch and that has to be down to Arteta.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

It seems a tad suspicious that both Auba & Laca were sick at the same time, I just wonder whether that is a sign that those 2 at least are starting to get a bit over him & not committed anymore.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

If this continues & it looks like we will be battling for relegation early on or at least 1/2 way through during the season you'd like to think that the squad will start to get over him & the board will come to their senses, give him the sack.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
CHE, mcy, NOR, bur, TOT.

Only confident about the Norwich game. A loss to Sp**s and it could be curtains for Mikel. I'm not sure where we'd go though, shouts for Conte but he seems similar to Mikel in the sense of structure, discipline and falling out with players.

bergholt

Ben White needs more aggression and needs to win more aerial battles. Holding would have eaten those aerial balls up all day so hopefully we don't have another softie on our hands., If I remember correctly Stones had the same issues at a similar age.

Unfortunately he's two inches shorter than Stones.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐

Martinelli Bolagun almost not involved yesterday. And of course look how deep Chambers is he never was involved offensively buying RB who as good as Tierney is vital

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

"Maybe we'll have a good surprise for you"

Arsène hints at transfer activity a day before the arrival of Mesut Özil
Top Bottom