• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Loss PL: Brentford 2 - 0 Arsenal | Friday, August 13 | KO: 20:00 BST | Sky Sports

Match Prediction

• Brentford

Votes: 46 30.1%
  • Draw

Votes: 33 21.6%
  • Arsenal

Votes: 74 48.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
To be honest that was a penalty on Balogun for me. But we just have to somehow accept we’ll never get those calls. We never have and never will.
I didn't understand why no one even appealed. Took the man out after taking the ball. Thats a foul anywhere else on the pitch.

We just have a group of meek players, tbh.

The young players are good, but young...and it's not like they can learn from the experienced players, who never try to step up when the going gets tough.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
I think Mitch just hates Bellerin to the point where he will shower praise over all our other RB's to put him down.

No I just watch the matches and base my opinion on the player's peformances. Bellerin hasn't been uo to required standard since his second (someone pulled up a qoute of mine back then of that). However I lwt player'st FIFA rating, dressing like a tranny/ apparently fashionable, twerking on Instagram and social media followers influence my opinion on his peformances like many on this forum do.

It's clear cut that Chambbers and Cedric are levels and levels above Bellerin (between him and Traore for our poorest full back ever)

Last edited:

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
We just have a group of meek players, tbh.

The young players are good, but young...and it's not like they can learn from the experienced players, who never try to step up when the going gets tough.

There's something about Arsenal over the past decade or so. It doesn't seem to matter who the manager is or who the players are. We're just a meek, fair weather club. It's like it's ingrained in our DNA somehow. It even goes beyond the on field side I think.

I think that's why a lot of us fans are so drawn to the likes of KT, ESR and Saka. When the going gets tough they'll at least put up a fight.

Riou

There's something about Arsenal over the past decade or so. It doesn't seem to matter who the manager is or who the players are. We're just a meek, fair weather club. It's like it's ingrained in our DNA somehow. It even goes beyond the on field side I think.

I think that's why a lot of us fans are so drawn to the likes of KT, ESR and Saka. When the going gets tough they'll at least put up a fight.

Least for the first 10 years or so at The Emirates, we were a very entertaining football team...would happily go back to that.

Least we looked good when we lost then :lol:

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Least for the first 10 years or so at The Emirates, we were a very entertaining football team...would happily go back to that.

Least we looked good when we lost then :lol:

It was definitely better back then, no doubt.

As Arsenal fans though it's pretty humiliating. If a side like Brentford yesterday, plays with intensity, puts pressure on us, get's stuck in etc 9 times out of 10 we'll crumble like a wet paper bag.

I don't blame a kid like Balogun for being a bit overawed, but the likes of Pepe, Xhaka, Leno, Chambers, Mari etc need to step up in situations like yesterday. They're the experienced pro's.

We were left with ESR and KT and maybe Sambi desperately trying to drag us back into the match

Riou

It was definitely better back then, no doubt.

As Arsenal fans though it's pretty humiliating. If a side like Brentford yesterday, plays with intensity, puts pressure on us, get's stuck in etc 9 times out of 10 we'll crumble like a wet paper bag.

I don't blame a kid like Balogun for being a bit overawed, but the likes of Pepe, Xhaka, Leno, Chambers, Mari etc need to step up in situations like yesterday. They're the experienced pro's.

We were left with ESR and KT and maybe Sambi desperately trying to drag us back into the match

We have all seen plenty of matches since the Emirates era, when we have been bullied...Stoke away in the late 2000s and early 2010s, being the main one.

But back then...you could look at those matches, and at least say we were unlucky to a degree...refs just let teams do what they wanted to us, some red card worthy tackles were given yellows or even no foul, our players had to have their legs broken before being protected...you could understand why our team went into their shell back then, which they would make up for in the home games and just destroy teams.

The last few years though, teams can bully us in a complete fair manner, and we just give up...like yesterday, there was no really bad tackles from the Brentford players...they just said can you match us, our players surrendered immediately.

Watching Arsenal play now is just sad...we used to be strong and have quality, then we had quality...while now we are kind of just waiting to lose.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
We have all seen plenty of matches since the Emirates era, when we have been bullied...Stoke away in the late 2000s and early 2010s, being the main one.

But back then...you could look at those matches, and at least say we were unlucky to a degree...refs just let teams do what they wanted to us, some red card worthy tackles were given yellows or even no foul, our players had to have their legs broken before being protected...you could understand why our team went into their shell back then, which they would make up for in the home games and just destroy teams.

The last few years though, teams can bully us in a complete fair manner, and we just give up...like yesterday, there was no really bad tackles from the Brentford players...they just said can you match us, our players surrendered immediately.

Watching Arsenal play now is just sad...we used to be strong and have quality, then we had quality...while now we are kind of just waiting to lose.
Remember Wenger saying that it's our job to keep the ball on the ground and we would lose it as soon as we've failed to do so back then. He had 10 technical players capable of keeping the ball under pressure and we created for fun, there was no physical side other than Chelsea that was able to challenge that, and we even gave them a good fight. Eboue was an awful RB, but he was technically solid and that worked well for Fabregas and co. Eboue wouldn't put 50 crosses per game, he would play a one-two with midfielders instead.

Teams can bully us today because we don't have enough technical players, we have a mix of everything but not really good at anything. You either create a full technical team or a full physical team. 4 ballers can't keep the ball while there are 6 players happy to lose it as soon as they get it.

Mari and defenders kicking the ball forward under pressure knowing very well we don't have players in forward positions to work with that, so it's always a lost ball.

1 other person

No I just watch the matches and base my opinion on the player's peformances. Bellerin hasn't been uo to required standard since his second (someone pulled up a qoute of mine back then of that). However I lwt player'st FIFA rating, dressing like a tranny/ apparently fashionable, twerking on Instagram and social media followers influence my opinion on his peformances like many on this forum do.

It's clear cut that Chambbers and Cedric are levels and levels above Bellerin (between him and Traore for our poorest full back ever)
You can dislike the player without going after his person and a whole minority of transexual people. Embarrassing.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba

Chambers was sh!t yesterday and Arteta has finished with Cedric. And you lost me with your non PC 'tranny' reference.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

What I'm more worried about is our board & owners decision on this, will they have enough sense to get rid of him sooner rather then later or will they still back him to come good, leaving it too late in other words? I'm more or less concerned about our board aswell, not just Arteta's ideas & quality. They didn't give Emery very long so why can't they do the same now when things are just getting worse & worse?
Emery went because he had lost the dressing room. The players were laughing at him. You don't survive that.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
I just can't get over last night. Playing in the spine of our team, in the opening game:

Lokonga - 21 years old
ESR - 21 years old
Balogun - 20 years old

Add to that:

Martinelli - 20 years old
Saka who comes on - 19 years old
Nelson who comes on - 21 years old
Taveras - 21, new signing, LB coming on to play RB

The experience surrounding them:

Leno - Error prone, coward.
Chambers - Shouldn't really still be at our club.
Pablo Mari - Inexperienced himself in this league
Ben White - 23, new signing.
Tierney - 24, told to ignore all defensive responsibilities
Xhaka
Pepe - 26 and Probably the least intelligent footballer i've seen.

The squad building has been so bad. The decision making has been so bad. Its not fair on these young players or the fans. I look at the young players and don't see any improvements in any of them since Arteta and his regime took over.

When ESR took over, he was a breath of fresh air, playing in triangles through the middle, now he's told to hog the RW touchline, with Pepe in front of him. Martinelli looked lost with Tierney playing LW all game, he found himself in good positions but Tierney didn't pass to him, he just got the ball and crossed.

I just can't get over that starting 11, its mindblowing how far we have fallen in such a short space of time and its hard to see a way back.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Simply put we just not good enough anymore and the squad is still quite unbalanced injures of our starters and the depth is not really inspiring and most of them are youngsters any new manager can fix that temporarily but 8-6th are our ceiling or even more down in table there is still time to balance squad a bit and i hoped since start summer we not gonna leave things late and we'll likely end up 1 point from 9 or even zero.

Beany

ITK
Trusted ⭐

Simply put we just not good enough anymore and the squad is still quite unbalanced injures of our starters and the depth is not really inspiring and most of them are youngsters any new manager can fix that temporarily but 8-6th are our ceiling or even more down in table there is still time to balance squad a bit and i hoped since start summer we not gonna leave things late and we'll likely end up 1 point from 9 or even zero.

0 points looking pretty likely out of three at this point.

Can you imagine the scenes.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
What did pissed me off yesterday Brentford did created 1-2 chances max their goals came from Chambers mistake and throw in and we seem never going to throw away these bad habits. The 2nd half Brentford created almost nothing and still scored the 1st half they had like only 2 clear chances toney didn't even have many touches on box ffs we were all worried about him.

Still that bad sign we still panic everytime they attack us.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
0 points looking pretty likely out of three at this point.

Can you imagine the scenes.

It'll be ugly of course but it been coming we entered the season unprepared didn't improve the team offensively and got 4 key players injured.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I think this project is going to go BANG

Mikel Arteta after a difficult run of results
Top Bottom