• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Loss PL: Brentford 2 - 0 Arsenal | Friday, August 13 | KO: 20:00 BST | Sky Sports

Match Prediction

• Brentford

Votes: 46 30.1%
  • Draw

Votes: 33 21.6%
  • Arsenal

Votes: 74 48.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

BaZZe

Always Blaming Refs

We'll it's not because one, some people like Mitch think he's the second coming and 2, we're not going to get a right back when we have 4 at the club already so it had to be said.
I think Mitch just hates Bellerin to the point where he will shower praise over all our other RB's to put him down.

Kysus

The thing that I cannot accept is our inability to get back into games, not enough tactical adjustments and no Plan B.
Down 10x at halftime and won 0, frigging shocking.

We are so so so bad at putting teams under real pressure, 2-0 down you can pretty much turn the game off FFS.

Kav

Established Member
I genuinely thought we have enough quality to win this match. However I know we have an absolute incompetent manager so I’m not entirely surprised.

Everyone knows how little I think of Arteta but for the team to look so woeful and unprepared is even below what I expect from this novice.

A lot of you gimps owe me an apology when I stated that White was a down grade and that he would make mistakes this season. So many of you didn’t actually watch him play but we’re running off at the mouth about the singing.

I hope you lot now shut the hell up and listen to people who actually have a clue.

Arteta has 6 games to turn this around. 3 of which he will lose. Not looking good for him. I also don’t want to hear any more excuses from his fans @HairSprayGooners , @Blood on the Tracks ,@Blankety Blank.

Lastly Sambi looked very good. ESR was good in flashes. Saka needs some rest and eased into the season. Tierney was woeful at times but he worked all game to try to make something happen. Pepe I rate him but this wasn’t a good performance. Xhaka was crap as usual and I honestly think he should retire come Monday. Ben white…. Hahahaha. I won’t even say anything other than to say you guys need to apologize to @BigPoppaPump.

Nelson and Martinelli and Balogun are better than this but I’m not worried. They will come good as long as Arteta is not here long term.

mirrorstare

9Mc1wGW.png

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

What I'm more worried about is our board & owners decision on this, will they have enough sense to get rid of him sooner rather then later or will they still back him to come good, leaving it too late in other words? I'm more or less concerned about our board aswell, not just Arteta's ideas & quality. They didn't give Emery very long so why can't they do the same now when things are just getting worse & worse?

Legend14

Established Member
That's partly his own fault, he takes so goddamn much time on the ball. There's no speed, no agility, no taking on a man.

He's messing around with the ball like Bambi on ice and has been since he got here. Waste of 72 m.
There was some of that, like usual, but a lot less of it. He is much improved, So the criticism is more last year than this.

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
Another question, where was the "generational" talents Martinelli and Balogun that I keep hearing?
Arsenal fans should stop overhyping these young kids
They both looked awful to be honest. Balogun had that shocking first touch when he took Tierney's low cross on the turn, then panicked, and Martinelli is as pointless as ever. No composure or dribbling and barely ever involved.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Another question, where was the "generational" talents Martinelli and Balogun that I keep hearing?
Arsenal fans should stop overhyping these young kids
BS! 4 debutants in the team....maybe 5...what were we expecting them to do?

This is on the manager and injuries.

MikeVinna

Established Member
They both looked awful to be honest. Balogun had that shocking first touch when he took Tierney's low cross on the turn, then panicked, and Martinelli is as pointless as ever. No composure or dribbling and barely ever involved.

To be honest that was a penalty on Balogun for me. But we just have to somehow accept we’ll never get those calls. We never have and never will.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
In his 17 seasons as a player, Carragher's Liverpool only finished above Arsenal 3 times in the league...the way he carries himself/talks, you would think he was a world class player.

We were terrible last night, but felt that dirty scumbag was very unprofessional...though he does spit at children, so I shouldn't be so surprised I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I'm prepared to be committed to the club at least until we go into the new stadium. For me, it’s important that the club goes in there and that I make sure the team are at a very good level. After that, whether it’s me or someone else, the club will be able to compete at the highest level. But for me to run away now would not be fair.

Arsène Wenger after extending his contract on 2004
Top Bottom