• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Loss PL: Brentford 2 - 0 Arsenal | Friday, August 13 | KO: 20:00 BST | Sky Sports

Match Prediction

• Brentford

Votes: 46 30.1%
  • Draw

Votes: 33 21.6%
  • Arsenal

Votes: 74 48.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
In all seriousness, a Ranieri level appointment would get us top 6 football. Benitez would have as well. The squad isn't good but it also is set up for failure by terrible managerial decisions. Ideally we bring in a proper, experienced Director of Football to clear all the dreck out but more realistically in the near term we just need someone to manage us with the sense and humility to adjust to what we have an put each player in the best positions to win their individual matchups and try to win points that way until finally Kroenke finds someone with a unified vision to build us from the top down.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
I just gave you a red card. I might change it if you elaborate
Tir Na Nog is a perfect example. Decent poster usually when he can make up his mind. Yet he thinks Willock would have helped today and not Odergard. Oxeki above stating the bloody obvious etc. There's been a lot of crap like that that i've had to piss on.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Leno
Saliba-White-Gabriel
Bellerin-Partey-Lokonga-Tierney
Saka-Auba-ESR
...wondering if we should have went back to three at the back this season, feel it suits our squad more, as it hides a lot of it's weaknesses...wouldn't have needed to sign Ødegaard in this formation and could put the money towards a new GK or RB and we could have kept Saliba.

Really pessimistic about this season now.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba

How do we always end up with these clown defenders man...
We are the only club in England that could look at that Brighton team and come away from it having paid the most money for the worst defender. This is what happens when your talent evaluators are an egomaniac and a guy whose job as director of football is just an inconvenient afterthought that acts as a front for his main job laundering money.

Wiggins

Tir Na Nog is a perfect example. Decent poster usually when he can make up his mind. Yet he thinks Willock would have helped today and not Odergard. Oxeki above stating the bloody obvious etc. There's been a lot of crap like that that i've had to piss on.
Oh sorry mate.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

We are the only club in England that could look at that Brighton team and come away from it having paid the most money for the worst defender. This is what happens when your talent evaluators are an egomaniac and a guy whose job as director of football is just an inconvenient afterthought that acts as a front for his main job laundering money.
Don’t forget the coke. The centre of every decision he makes he is high on that white stuff

DennisTheLegend

8th place here we come.

We have a back 3 squad that is built for transition football. Any manager with sense would press, play 3 at the back and get the ball forward quickly. Not pass the ball around the back line piling ourselves under pressure.

IF you dont have the players to play from the back and you cant go long, give the ball to the opposition and win it off them.

How the **** are Brentford playing the ball around our press, when we have pace all across the front 4. Its because it clearly hasn't been worked on.

2nd half team talk was ridiculous. We had a problem with the long ball. Artetas solution was to drop deeper to deal with it. Incredible.

Trolley dash here we come. The season is over.
Totally Agree, been saying for ages 3 at the back - we are foolish sending Saliba on Loan because a back 3 of Saliba, White , Gabriel would’ve been solid. The problem is that we are not good enough to play with 2Cbs and 1 striker - the solution is a 3-4-1-2 formation.

Id like to see this vs Chelsea;

—————————-Leno——————————

———- Chambers — White— Mari—————-

Saka———Sambi————Xahaka——Tierney

————————- ESR—————————

——————-Pepe———Laca——————

Not sure what other options we have, but think this could actually work, we are in so much trouble that it’s actually worth experimenting in the next two big games.

LG10

We know we needed a top rb and gk desperately to be serious, nothing else needs to be said really.

Olivier_Giroud

Why is everyone so negative, it's brentford. Only a fluke will make us lose.

We are the arsenal ffs guys keep your heads up and support your team!!

You'd think it was Bayern Munich the way people in this thread are acting. At least save the meltdowns for when we play Chelsea and City after, it's Brentford ffs we should win this like 4-0.
Conveniently forgot that we do not have a real coach, most likely have the same level of IQ as Arteta.

Let's play Aubamawang

Wow. I'd be lying if I said I was surprised, but I am disgusted that they could beat us with such a simple and obvious gameplan. We should have changed things up to 3 at the back as soon as it was clear what they were doing. This'll be a long season playing White in a 2 with everyone knowing they can play 2 strikers and beat us with route one football.

It does make me wonder if Arteta has used this game as a plea for help? I mean aside from ESR and Tierney it was an absolute disaster-class. **** it, give Okonkwo a chance in goal. At least he can play ball. If he's good enough, he's old enough. Can't fare worse than Jay Leno.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
What's Brentford's main forum called...does anyone know how they are viewing this victory? :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I often relive those 49 undefeated matches. I do believe in signs to a certain extent, and as I was born in 1949, I sometimes tell myself it was our destiny to lose the 50th. Those 49 matches are etched within me and within each player: it is something fundamental, a triumph born out of passion.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Daily Transfer Updates

Saturday, May 18

Arsenal‘s interest in Ivan Toney has waned. It is unlikely he will join this summer and neither will Alexander Isak, with the club no longer interested at his £120m price [John Cross - The Mirror]

Latest posts

Top Bottom