• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Declan Rice: Cooking Again

LookingForEric

Patronize me again and I'll destroy you 😖

Can we also just appreciate having three new players in the starting 11? Why are people thinking that everything clicks straight away in elite sport? Doesn’t work like that.

@BigPoppaPump you aren’t correct with the Jorginho comment.

Jorginho has played the same sort of minutes and games all season. When we came back at bear Palace 5-0/Forest 2-1 he played 18 minutes. He didn’t play in the 6-0 against West Ham and played 11 minutes in the 5-0 vs Burnley.

So it clearly wasn’t Jorginho that made everything click. I just think it’s down to the players themselves clicking with the system and knowing each other better.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
It’s not meant to get you out your seat. You know you’re getting a 9/10 every single week from him with breaking up play, running power, interceptions and now goals/assists. Those kind of players are invaluable these days.
That clip he sent me was Bournemouth players literally running right into Rice lol and 'running power' really doesn't mean much to me. People just praise him for breathing so I'm not suprised here.

I said I rate him as an 8 but I never want to see him play as a 6 for Arsenal.

I don't think that is just down to Rice at 6 though. I think it's more down to Havertz LCM. If we had an actual LCM with Rice at 6, we'd have looked a little more fluid imo.
Tbf I could say the same vice versa, if we played Jorginho/Partey as a 6 and Havertz as LCM we'd look more fluid but I can't say for sure either. I think in general you need a playmaker at the 6 for top teams.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
In preseason I hope Mikel tries to develop Timber-Rice-Martinelli as the left side of our team, I think that will get the best out of Gabby again.

What a season Declan has had, rarely ever see a 100 million price tag mentioned but it never gets brought up with him with how good he has been :applause:

Xln

Get me Jesus on the phone 📲
@BigPoppaPump Now that you can't avoid Rice being top class for us, it's turned to "not getting me out of my seat" At least you acknowledge his brilliance now, baby steps!

BigPoppaPump

Can we also just appreciate having three new players in the starting 11? Why are people thinking that everything clicks straight away in elite sport? Doesn’t work like that.

@BigPoppaPump you aren’t correct with the Jorginho comment.

Jorginho has played the same sort of minutes and games all season. When we came back at bear Palace 5-0/Forest 2-1 he played 18 minutes. He didn’t play in the 6-0 against West Ham and played 11 minutes in the 5-0 vs Burnley.

So it clearly wasn’t Jorginho that made everything click. I just think it’s down to the players themselves clicking with the system and knowing each other better.
I was mainly talking about the first half of the season, I don't think individual results paint the whole picture because I can just point to all the games we lost in December and how much good we play with a playmaker at the 6.

Rice as a 6 relies on Zinchenko or whoever is the LB to take playmaking roles and I don't think people like that. Regardless Arteta agrees with me about him at 6 which is why he's been moved.

BigPoppaPump

@BigPoppaPump Now that you can't avoid Rice being top class for us, it's turned to "not getting me out of my seat" At least you acknowledge his brilliance now, baby steps!
I don't rate him as a 6 and I've been proven right by Arteta. You still won't get my validation here unfortunately.

• Sad
Reactions: Xln

LookingForEric

I was mainly talking about the first half of the season, I don't think individual results paint the whole picture because I can just point to all the games we lost in December and how much good we play with a playmaker at the 6.

Rice as a 6 relies on Zinchenko or whoever is the LB to take playmaking roles and I don't think people like that. Regardless Arteta agrees with me about him at 6 which is why he's been moved.

I agree with you about needing a better ball player from deep. But that was one of the main reasons why we played **** in the first part of the season, because Partey and Timber were injured.

We wanted to play a certain way but couldn’t due to the injuries.

BigPoppaPump

I agree with you about needing a better ball player from deep. But that was one of the main reasons why we played **** in the first part of the season, because Partey and Timber were injured.

We wanted to play a certain way but couldn’t due to the injuries.
That's all I'm trying to say, which is why I laugh when people want to get rid of Zinchenko and Partey when they're two of Arteta's favourite players.

LookingForEric

That's all I'm trying to say, which is why I laugh when people want to get rid of Zinchenko and Partey when they're two of Arteta's favourite players.

Zinchenko yeah, I don’t think he’s a favourite anymore. Especially if you look at his game time recently.

Partey absolutely is a favourite and rightly so, it’s nice that position is fairly easy to upgrade in the transfer window, will just cost a little bit.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

That clip he sent me was Bournemouth players literally running right into Rice lol and 'running power' really doesn't mean much to me. People just praise him for breathing so I'm not suprised here.

I said I rate him as an 8 but I never want to see him play as a 6 for Arsenal.

Tbf I could say the same vice versa, if we played Jorginho/Partey as a 6 and Havertz as LCM we'd look more fluid but I can't say for sure either. I think in general you need a playmaker at the 6 for top teams.
Considering some of the midfielders we've been linked with (Onana, Zubimendi and Guimaraes), it seems Arteta sees Rice mainly as an 8. I think that is reflected in the teams we've picked after christmas as well.

BigPoppaPump

Considering some of the midfielders we've been linked with (Onana, Zubimendi and Guimaraes), it seems Arteta sees Rice mainly as an 8. I think that is reflected in the teams we've picked after christmas as well.
Well yeah but people think I'm deranged and just saying stuff with no basis because you're not allowed to say anything against Rice. People on this forum need to look up the word dogma.

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:White
When we were signing him I said he’d work better as an 8 but seeing him play I’ve flip flopped a bit.

He’s worked better as an 8 with Partey as he’s not caught in two minds worrying about whether Jorginho can catch the runners. He can commit to attacks and his role is just cleaner.

If we get a 6 replacement and play Rice at 8 they need to be mobile. Is that Bruno? Idk man. Guy is slow as heck.

I’d still prefer Rice at 6 and a new left 8.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

When we were signing him I said he’d work better as an 8 but seeing him play I’ve flip flopped a bit.

He’s worked better as an 8 with Partey as he’s not caught in two minds worrying about whether Jorginho can catch the runners. He can commit to attacks and his role is just cleaner.

If we get a 6 replacement and play Rice at 8 they need to be mobile. Is that Bruno? Idk man. Guy is slow as heck.

I’d still prefer Rice at 6 and a new left 8.
That one reason why I can't really see the Onana signing, he seems rather languid and static, but it might just be me.

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:White
That one reason why I can't really see the Onana signing, he seems rather languid and static, but it might just be me.

I think Onana is deceptively quick tbf but I’m not sure about other aspects of his game.

Anyone we get for that role will be a downgrade on Partey in terms of pure footballing ability anyway.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I think Onana is deceptively quick tbf but I’m not sure about other aspects of his game.

Anyone we get for that role will be a downgrade on Partey in terms of pure footballing ability anyway.
I'll say let's try for FDJ in the summer.

Only worry is if he'll be able to handle the physicality of the league.

Arsenal Quotes

I’ve told Dave to cut off his ponytail. I think it makes him less aerodynamic.

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Saturday, May 18

Arsenal‘s interest in Ivan Toney has waned. It is unlikely he will join this summer and neither will Alexander Isak, with the club no longer interested at his £120m price [John Cross - The Mirror]

Latest posts

Top Bottom