• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Eddie Nketiah (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
I understand that rejecting the £10m and then letting his contract run down as no offers emerge would be worse, but like @The_Playmaker says, why would we be the only ones not to have an English tax on our players? £15m+sell-on or £13m+higher sell-on should be attainable.

Late with the free content, sorry my brothers and sisters.
We'll let you off with a warning this time mate, but only this time.

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

I understand that rejecting the £10m and then letting his contract run down as no offers emerge would be worse, but like @The_Playmaker says, why would we be the only ones not to have an English tax on our players? £15m+sell-on or £13m+higher sell-on should be attainable.

We'll let you off with a warning this time mate, but only this time.
Thank you for the kind warning :lol:

Yeah I just think it's performance related. A CL winning club letting a lesser used player go you'd expect more out of than a player released from club that finished 8th.

English tax only really applies if the player is a starter I think.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
;)
Yeah I just think it's performance related. A CL winning club letting a lesser used player go you'd expect more out of than a player released from club that finished 8th.

Unless you're Liverpool or Chelsea, who all seem to be getting good fees for dross like Brewster. But yeah, the less central a player is to the plans the less the tax applies it seems.

blrgooner

Established Member

Yeah ... Also, English tax will only apply if the selling club is under no pressure to sell. In our case, we are in a pressure to sell.
Maybe we should accept 10m but try to add a buyback clause of around 30m like Chelsea did with Livremento.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Can't believe we still asking 20m we should drop the value Brighton Watford crystal Palace and Southampton all going for panic mode in last days because they want striker

samshere

Why so serieuse?
We only got about 22m for Willock and he was the most in form players in the league. I think Arteta probably has Nketiah down as our 3rd choice striker and he's sat about most of the year. If we don't even rate him that highly why would other clubs want to pay 20m for him?
Think we'll end up with 15m if we ask for 20m. If we ask for 10m we'll end up with 5m.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Good news there interest bad news is we value him 20m i understand we get as much money as possible but 10m is more realistic. We have to under value a bit or all stuck here

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Could've also used him with white transfer to make us pay less than 50m.

Look like the club want good amount from him

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
If the window ends and he isn’t sold the Kroenke’s need to start firing people. Are they going to let employees just let £10m get flushed down the toilet? Our valuations of our own players is ****ing idiotic.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
What's the plan here? If no one bids 20m they are just going to let him see out his deal and leave for free next year after doing nothing this season?

I can see them accepting around 12m.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
They'll be forced to accept lower bid late in window nobody paying 20m. Him rejecting new contract force our hand we just asking as much money as possible that normal.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
They'll be forced to accept lower bid late in window nobody paying 20m. Him rejecting new contract force our hand we just asking as much money as possible that normal.

The danger with that though is other teams will also lower their demands. If your Palace do you take Edouard for say £17m or Nketiah for £12m? We’re playing a dangerous game.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
the one year is a bad position as is it being public we tried & failed to renew this summer

is it this agency that look Josh Maja to France in the Sunderland doc? :lol: very similar situation with just 4 months till Jan... also Nelson a client

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
The danger with that though is other teams will also lower their demands. If your Palace do you take Edouard for say £17m or Nketiah for £12m? We’re playing a dangerous game.
yes we are but look like many teams searching for striker i said it beginning of august we have to lower the value so the players can be leave. i admire Edu that he don't want to sell that cheap but all teams broke we not in position to negotiate high fees.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Eddie and Nelson have all rights to reject new contracts we should have known that in start of summer they not in manager plans and they coming to age where they want to make choice suit their long term careers. their value is still respectable we have to let them go and not make worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Everybody knows how much I love Arsenal - I became a fan. And to be out here [in front of the Emirates as a statue] celebrating a goal against Sp*rs, there's not much else to say after that. Like I've said before: Once a Gooner, always a Gooner.

Thierry Henry

Daily Transfer Updates

Monday, May 20

Thomas Partey is wanted by clubs in Saudi Arabia, with just one year left on his deal [Evening Standard]

Pedro Neto & Nico Williams are admired by the club, while they have also watched Amadou Onana and Martin Zubimendi this season [Evening Standard]

Cedric Soares confirms his departure from the club [Arsenal.com]

Borussia Dortmund will rival Arsenal to sign Fenerbache LB Ferdi Kadıoğlu [Takvim]

Latest posts

Top Bottom