• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Eddie Nketiah (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
£10m is really too little. Meeting in the middle would make sense.

I don't understand why Brighton or West Ham isn't in for him. Could be a cheap back-up to Antonio, who always gets injured.

Is it too little? A 22 year old on the last year of his contract who has never scored double figures in a season. You have to take what you can get given his contract situation, otherwise you lose him on a free.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

The sell-on clause is important. At this stage, we are not in a good position to haggle over the fee. £13m + 20% sell-on is probably as good as it gets.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
Is it too little? A 22 year old on the last year of his contract who has never scored double figures in a season. You have to take what you can get given his contract situation, otherwise you lose him on a free.
I think so, he has proper goal instinct which is kind of rare nowadays. Also, the striker market at pretty much every level is very poor.

But £15m+sell-on or like @GoonerJeeves says £13m+sell-on should be alright.

I do rate Nketiah, though, but he's not good enough for us.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

At this point you just get them out. £10m is fine. If we get a similar fee for Nelson, do it. Get Bellerin and Torreira out on loan, give Kolasinac away etc.

Last week of the window clubs know teams need to get rid of players, you don’t haggle now.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐

I don't understand why Brighton or West Ham isn't in for him. Could be a cheap back-up to Antonio, who always gets injured.

There's like a week left in the window, he has no role in our squad anymore, we need money, and let's be real, he's 22 and he hasn't done anything in senior football. 10m is fine, put in a sell-on % and sell him.

Tomb Bombadil

I think £10m is a good price for him. What we should looking for is a 25% sell on clause or buy back.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
Nketiah has barely played all year. At this point you'd bite their hands off for 10m, the same goes for Nelson.

We where close to selling Xhaka for 15-17m and he plays every week. We've got no right really to demand 20m for guys not even playing.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
If they don't end up selling and £10M is the offer on the table that is absolutely disastrous. One year left ffs just get the £10M in.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
Nketiah has barely played all year. At this point you'd bite their hands off for 10m, the same goes for Nelson.

We where close to selling Xhaka for 15-17m and he plays every week. We've got no right really to demand 20m for guys not even playing.
Striker + English player tax means that Nketiah is worth 20m even if he doesn't play. Though I'd settle for 15m seeing as he's in the last year of his contract.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
Striker + English player tax means that Nketiah is worth 20m even if he doesn't play. Though I'd settle for 15m seeing as he's in the last year of his contract.

We only got about 22m for Willock and he was the most in form players in the league. I think Arteta probably has Nketiah down as our 3rd choice striker and he's sat about most of the year. If we don't even rate him that highly why would other clubs want to pay 20m for him?

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Not worth £20M right now. £10-15M is fair I think we will settle on 10 in the end.
I think 15 is fair. He is home grown guys. I know he is in the last year.

I'd say Ben Whites true value is about 35 million. The HG tax adds the 15 million. Eddie for 15 million is fair. 10 million + appearance based add ons in 5 million like we did with Ramsdale.

10 million flat is just silly.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
I think 15 is fair. He is home grown guys. I know he is in the last year.

I'd say Ben Whites true value is about 35 million. The HG tax adds the 15 million. Eddie for 15 million is fair. 10 million + appearance based add ons in 5 million like we did with Ramsdale.

10 million flat is just silly.

I'd be happy with something around £12M. Key thing is he has interest and we won't not sell given the contract situation.

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

Late with the free content, sorry my brothers and sisters.

By David Ornstein

save-icon@2x.png

Arsenal’s disappointing start to the new Premier League season has left them 19th in the table, pointless and goalless following losses to Brentford and Chelsea.
First-choice strikers Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang and Alexander Lacazette missed the 2-0 defeat at Brentford having tested positive for COVID-19, and with Eddie Nketiah nursing an ankle issue, their opening match saw 20-year-old Folarin Balogun make his first league start for the club.

Lacazette remained unavailable as Arsenal fell at home to Chelsea by the same scoreline. Aubameyang and Balogun came on as second-half substitutes but could not influence the result.

It makes the timing of Nketiah’s injury particularly unfortunate and in the background, Arsenal have a significant decision to make about his future.
There were high hopes for the England youth international after he made a move from Chelsea to Arsenal’s academy as a teenager in 2015 and progressed towards the senior set-up with a promising goalscoring record.

However, Nketiah’s opportunities have been limited and there is no sign of the 22-year-old extending a contract that expires next summer. Unless that changes, Arsenal will need to sell him in the next 10 days or in January, or face losing him as a free agent at the end of the campaign.

The Athletic understands Brighton explored recruiting Nketiah as part of the deal that took Ben White in the opposite direction for £50 million earlier this month.
That did not appeal to Arsenal as they focused on tying Nketiah to fresh terms, which has so far proved unsuccessful — the proposal was turned down — and Brighton is now an unlikely option.

It opened the door to other suitors, including Crystal Palace, and they are believed to be ready to pay around £10 million for the forward as Patrick Vieira aims to continue strengthening his squad.

Such a valuation is said to be shared by an unnamed team in Germany, who are thought to have seen two approaches knocked back as Arsenal attempt to achieve a price of around £20 million.

Nketiah found the net six times in 29 appearances across all competitions in 2020-21 and has a total of 13 goals in 65 games since breaking into the first team. He spent the first half of 2019-20 on loan at Leeds United, scoring five goals in 19 matches.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I play on the right, Tony on the left and we'll deal with whoever comes along, big or small

Martin Keown

Daily Transfer Updates

Monday, May 20

Thomas Partey is wanted by clubs in Saudi Arabia, with just one year left on his deal [Evening Standard]

Pedro Neto & Nico Williams are admired by the club, while they have also watched Amadou Onana and Martin Zubimendi this season [Evening Standard]

Cedric Soares confirms his departure from the club [Arsenal.com]

Borussia Dortmund will rival Arsenal to sign Fenerbache LB Ferdi Kadıoğlu [Takvim]

Latest posts

Top Bottom