• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Managerial Royalty

GDeep™

League is very weak
One thing that has surprised me is the defeatist attitude in our fan base. “Our season starts after Chelsea and City” etc. What sort of attitude is that?

Wasn’t like this under Wenger and Emery. We had lesser teams or injuries then too but we still expected our manager or team to give it a go and show something.

Now it seems like you can’t expect anything from poor Arteta unless he has great players in every position, a fully fit squad, all the players on form etc.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
One thing that has surprised me is the defeatist attitude in our fan base. “Our season starts after Chelsea and City” etc. What sort of attitude is that?

Wasn’t like this under Wenger and Emery. We had lesser teams or injuries then too but we still expected our manager or team to give it a go and show something.

Now it seems like you can’t expect anything from poor Arteta unless he has great players in every position, a fully fit squad, all the players on form etc.

I mean City away you expect to get beat, but Chelsea at home should never be “oh that’s a loss”. Brentford away should be an expected win. Our worst case scenario after these three games should’ve been 4 points and a goal difference of 0.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Especially regarding the Chelsea game. Under Wenger and even Emery, you'd always fancy us at home, no matter who we played.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel

Wasn’t like this under Wenger and Emery.

Actually... "our season starts after City and Chelsea" ...was said straight after Emery took us over, funnily enough...as he had them as his first 2 games here.

GDeep™

League is very weak
I mean City away you expect to get beat, but Chelsea at home should never be “oh that’s a loss”. Brentford away should be an expected win. Our worst case scenario after these three games should’ve been 4 points and a goal difference of 0.
City away I normally agree, but they had a weaker side than normal, they played in 2nd gear etc, we just made it too easy. If you’re going to lose, at least show something and lose.

Losses like yesterday are the worst, you show nothing and City play like it’s a training match.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
City away I normally agree, but they had a weaker side than normal, they played in 2nd gear etc, we just made it too easy. If you’re going to lose, at least show something and lose.

Losses like yesterday are the worst, you show nothing and City play like it’s a training match.

Yeah with the players we have in attack you’d at least expect 1 shot in target. We’ve had 7 shots in target in 3 games. You’ve got no chance of scoring with so few attempts on goal. Arteta’s football is literally the worst. It only works against a reserve side from the Championship.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares

Tbh it's been like that since Arsène days, we always go to games like City and Bayern knowing we're going to lose. We're just not those guys, we can only beat big teams if they sh*t the bed themselves i.e. Chelsea last season when Jorginho gave us a goal.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
True, but we put up a proper fight away at Chelsea that year. Really should have got something from that game, we missed a load of sitters.

Even City wasn't that bad, bar Cech nearly scoring an own goal, when our glorious "playing it out from the back" era started.

I want to know what Arteta said, to get so much money this year?

The board never backed Emery or even Arsène really, but do for Mikel, who has nothing on them in terms of experience or evidence of what he can do...the FA Cup win was great, but he hasn't proved anything in the league yet, and that's how you should be judged.

Very weird situation we are in this season...the board have to give him time now after the money they gave him, when it's clear he is done here and should be replaced as manager as fast as possible...only at Arsenal :lol:

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
I wanted Arteta here after Wenger and then after Emery, so this is something I just have to take as a major L. Getting messages from mates saying “this is your Arteta”.
Can't believe you bought into that you know, thought you had a better football brain than that. I could see from when his name was mentioned that it would be a disaster, why would someone who's never been a manager be good for us?

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me

I agree! Sp**s beat City without their main striker, yet for Arsenal its a forgone conclusion that we lose 🤔 No wonder we play like we have no confidence. Sure Arteta is a poor manager and Kola shouldn't have been playing but many of the players are letting us down, its not all down to Arteta. Holding was the only defender who did himself any justice yesterday.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Tbh it's been like that since Arsène days, we always go to games like City and Bayern knowing we're going to lose. We're just not those guys, we can only beat big teams if they sh*t the bed themselves i.e. Chelsea last season when Jorginho gave us a goal.
At least under a declining Wenger you still knew we would attack, or woukf keep the ball and make things happen. Now I don’t know what we do, other than just accept defeat straight away.

Get These Hands

Off of my purse !
I'm dumbfounded how Mari is deemed good enough for Arsenal, but Saliba is not.

Guendozi isn't perfect, but always gave 100% on the pitch and actually looked like he gave a ****. He is marginalised from the squad and his spot given to Elneny.

We need to get rid of Arteta before he does anymore damage.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Even City wasn't that bad, bar Cech nearly scoring an own goal, when our glorious "playing it out from the back" era started.

I want to know what Arteta said, to get so much money this year?

The board never backed Emery or even Arsène really, but do for Mikel, who has nothing on them in terms of experience or evidence of what he can do...the FA Cup win was great, but he hasn't proved anything in the league yet, and that's how you should be judged.

Very weird situation we are in this season.

I think the owners saw how rapidly we were declining and made the decision to back Arteta, they would have had to do it regardless of who our manager is. Once they realise investing in a manager as poor as Arteta is pointless, they will get someone else in. His clock is ticking, just a case of if he lasts the season or not.

Arsenal Quotes

No one could have imagined for a single second that he would come to us. Only David Dein, Sol, his agent, and I knew what was going on. When I called a press conference to announce the arrival of a new player, and Sol Campbell walked into the room full of journalists, it was a bombshell.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Daily Transfer Updates

Friday, May 17

Cedric and Mohamed Elneny will leave the clubs when their contracts expire this summer [Fabrizio Romano]

Newcastle have joined Arsenal and Liverpool in the race to sign Barcelona winger Raphinha [TBR Football]

Arsenal are keen on Benfica’s 21 year old striker Marcos Leonardo [TBR Football]

Aaron Ramsdale denies agreement to join Newcastle:

Talks have progressed over a deal to take Ramsdale to Newcastle, in a potential £15m deal [Luke Edwards and Sam Dean - Telegraph]

Latest posts

Top Bottom