• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Draw PL: Brighton And Hove Albion 0 - 0 Arsenal | Saturday, 2nd October | KO: 17:30 BST | Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
What i learn today is no matter how ill discipline slow xhaka is but his there absolutely nobody in our team can replace him. Lokonga is talented but clearly not experienced that's why i wanted us to get another midfielder
Lokonga didn't make any mistakes leading to goals or get himself red carded so you may be right. 🤣

bergholt

Performance was fine, clean sheet again and clearly the defence is finding their feet.

Equally clearly the attack is just nowhere near. Interesting that these defenders have played about 4 games together while these attackers have played about 20-30. You'd think they should be understanding each other about now but it's just not happening.

Three choices imo:

- Arteta just can't create goals
- We don't have quality enough attackers
- Our formation is too defensive

I suspect it's a combination of all of the above. Single pivot with Partey seems like it's worth a try. I think ESR and Ode don't generally play well together, but also neither do Pepe and Saka. Even if everyone's fit and in form I'm not sure we have a solid front combination to work with.

Melquiades

In games we do this Arteta is labelled as sh!te because we havent created clear chances.

Yet Potter gets lauded as a super coach 🤔 ;)

tbf i do think Potter is a very good coach. I remember when his 2 bob Swedish farmers team totally embarrassed us under Arsène at the Emirates.

Yeah, it's funny because I think Potter and Arteta are about as similar style-wise as it gets and are trying to do the same basic thing in terms of holding possession and playing out from the back.

Potter's team just did it better today.

I also think Potter is excellent, for the record. Watched a lot of their games last year and man did they suffer from a lack of guys who could provide an end product. Same with Parker and Fulham.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Lokonga didn't make any mistakes leading to goals or get himself red carded so you may be right. 🤣
That big positive but he didn't help us to dominate the midfield and to be fair it's new league for him so we have to stay patient.

Andrew Cole Linighan

Player:Saka
Not knowing how the game went, it suggested a good point gained. It's another point on the board, keeps the run going. Seem to have the base of young British players to build on.

ArsenalLunatic

Best thing about this game is further convincing me we have a keeper for 10-12 years. Leno doesn’t cut that pass off. I love Ramsdale. Every damn thing about him. Love him.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Best thing about this game is further convincing me we have a keeper for 10-12 years. Leno doesn’t cut that pass off. I love Ramsdale. Every damn thing about him. Love him.
Do you think Seaman would call it a worldie?

I think he would, it was a strong and fast arm.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Yeah, it's funny because I think Potter and Arteta are about as similar style-wise as it gets and are trying to do the same basic thing in terms of holding possession and playing out from the back.

Potter's team just did it better today.

I also think Potter is excellent, for the record. Watched a lot of their games last year and man did they suffer from a lack of guys who could provide an end product. Same with Parker and Fulham.
So potter does it better with inferior player? Arteta with Brighton would be bottom of the league

Xorspy

Ødegaard was the weak link today. Couldn't hold possession of the ball and lost it Everytime. A poor poor player, we improved a lot when Pepe came on and ESR moved to middle. Pepe must start next ahead of him. Hope Saka injury is not serious

gunner4lyfe

Established Member
What i learn today is no matter how ill discipline slow xhaka is but his there absolutely nobody in our team can replace him. Lokonga is talented but clearly not experienced that's why i wanted us to get another midfielder
I didn't even watch the game but i will ask. What would Xhaka have done today that would have influenced the game in a different way?

Melquiades

So potter does it better with inferior player? Arteta with Brighton would be bottom of the league

Today, obviously. But, I mean, not all games are the same?

We did the double on Brighton last year and absolutely battered them in the last game of last season (with Brighton having a better/healthier roster than now, and us having a worse squad than now). Last weekend we blew away Tottenham while Brighton were awful against Palace. It's pro sports. Some times some teams get the better of others, and then the next time it goes the other way. Over-reaction takes to 1 game are usually going to be kind of garbage.

Melquiades

I didn't even watch the game but i will ask. What would Xhaka have done today that would have influenced the game in a different way?

He's better at holding possession and spreading the ball around as a midfield passing turret getting it to guys in space than the players in the squad today. We didn't handle their press well and their domination in minutes 10-35 or so (most of the game outside of that stretch was pretty even) was based off a lot of poor passes and sloppy turnovers through our midfield. We kept turning the ball over and it just kept building momentum for them.

Wryer

Didnt watch the game. Clean sheet - Was it a case of the defense being coordinated and strong, or Brighton's lack of finishing?

Xln

Get me Jesus on the phone 📲
Low Arteta standards make you thing like this, like a mid table team. Winners look this like a complete bad result.
No i am simply realistic. I may have exaggerated but winning in Brighton isn't an easy task.

And besides you talking **** about winners and some cool words ... Since when can we talk like winners? Know your position

Xln

Get me Jesus on the phone 📲
Today, obviously. But, I mean, not all games are the same?

We did the double on Brighton last year and absolutely battered them in the last game of last season (with Brighton having a better/healthier roster than now, and us having a worse squad than now). Last weekend we blew away Tottenham while Brighton were awful against Palace. It's pro sports. Some times some teams get the better of others, and then the next time it goes the other way. Over-reaction takes to 1 game are usually going to be kind of garbage.
You understand football. People here expect the same result every week for us but at the same time don't get that if we actually did that, we would be a title winning team... Which we clearly aren't.

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
efGk204.jpeg
Didnt watch the game. Clean sheet - Was it a case of the defense being coordinated and strong, or Brighton's lack of finishing?
Lack of finishing.

Melquiades

You understand football. People here expect the same result every week for us but at the same time don't get that if we actually did that, we would be a title winning team... Which we clearly aren't.

Some days your players perform and some days they don't. Some days you get breaks and some days you don't. Not every game is entirely about the manager with the players as static constants they're moving around a chess board.

I wouldn't be surprised if Cucurella had the best game of his entire career today. Man he was good. Barely noticed him against Palace last week, though. Meanwhile some Arsenal players had unusually poor performances.

Ash10

Chairman of the Bum Brigade
Funny how people are saying Xhaka would've made a difference when the guy has got destroyed by pressing teams too many times. I mean Brentford's press killed him but apparently he would've been just fine against a better pressing team😆
The less he plays, the better he gets as usual

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

It was a unique moment, a football fairytale. Was there anyone left who still believed I could give that kind of performance? Probably only Arsène Wenger.

Per Mertesacker on Arsenal’s FA Cup Final win over Chelsea on 2017 being his only appearance that season

Latest posts

Top Bottom