• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Draw PL: Arsenal 2 - 2 Crystal Palace | Monday, 18th October | KO: 20:00 BST | Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Also another point we'll never be in challenge for something useful in league if we be not consistent we always go win 2-3 games then drop points in next against teams we shouldn't that'll mean a midtable finish we already dropped points in half games we played this season. Have to get alot better in that regard the league still not taking any shape all teams apart maybe from Liverpool not looking that great

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Both of our goals came from super close range. Both of palaces goals were from around the edge of the box.

Besides that neither team created clear chances.
I did think of it most crystal Palace chances where shots outside the box and our our only clear 1v1 chance came from laca shot that saved.

RandomHero84

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saka
I'm on the train home from the game really asking myself why I spend so much to watch this club go through the motions.

Spent 25 minutes beforehand trying to buy a ****ty £12 burger, only for the guy to drop it, then tell me he couldn't replace it, so he gave me a chicken one instead, scratched his Willie through his trousers and handed it to me.

Straight in the bin, and still better than the 90 minutes that followed.

TriniGunner

Both of our goals came from super close range. Both of palaces goals were from around the edge of the box.

Besides that neither team created clear chances.
It's about the quality of the players. I'm seeing Pepe not able to dribble, Tierney not willing to take the ball and run with it, always turning back, players losing ball in the middle of the pitch (schoolboy mistakes) and players who can't run with the ball and shoot.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
It's about the quality of the players. I'm seeing Pepe not able to dribble, Tierney not willing to take the ball and run with it, always turning back, players losing ball in the middle of the pitch (schoolboy mistakes) and players who can't run with the ball and shoot.
These players aren't world beaters but they also are better than what has been shown. Look no further than what happened with Chelsea last season to how much of a blight a manager can be on a player's ability to express themselves. And this is the issue with allowing a clown manager and director to spend a massive amount of money on players who at best will underperform under this manager due to his infantile tactics and at worst are just absolutely horrific millstones that you'll never recoup value for( see White, Benjamin). Are these players good enough for where we want to be(the fanbase, I don't think the club have any ambition at all)? Absolutely not. Could a proper manager make them entertaining and at least in with a shout for top for until the end of a season? Absolutely. Putting someone competent in place of Arteta would cure a lot of ills and doing so in conjunction with a competent person in place of Edu would go a long way. Only one or neither and the trajectory only goes down.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Also ridiculous how McArthur stayed on pitch even English journalists how rarely show us support they were very surprised it's not red card.

I don't want to say he meant that or not because be was looking at the ball and not saka but these kind of things could either break or fracture other player leg.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
I'm not sorry our future manager got a draw against our present manager

and is anyone willing to concede we need Xhaka on the pitch

African Flair

I think everyone on earth thinks that's a red card except Mike Dean. It's insane. He can't be continued to referee at this level. He clearly don't understand that his job is to protect the players on the pitch. So many uncalled situations in this game where players get kicked down or stamped.

SevenOfClubs

That kick by McArthur was intentional no doubt. How the **** Mike dean didn’t send him off I don’t know. Don’t know how we got any points out of that gam, Arteta needs to just fook off already someone start flying those banners please

Tom Mix

Also ridiculous how McArthur stayed on pitch even English journalists how rarely show us support they were very surprised it's not red card.

I don't want to say he meant that or not because be was looking at the ball and not saka but these kind of things could either break or fracture other player leg.
Macarthur should have had a yellow well before that incident, when he stopped an attack with a professional foul. Palace could have had three yellows before Saka got his, Dean kept giving us advantages, which were not always advantageous, but never went back to card the offender.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Macarthur should have had a yellow well before that incident, when he stopped an attack with a professional foul. Palace could have had three yellows before Saka got his, Dean kept giving us advantages, which were not always advantageous, but never went back to card the offender.
Mike Dean is pure ****! One of the ****ing worst refs I have ever seen. I don't usually wish anything bad on anyone, but God does this pile of **** test ones patience...

bergholt

Performance was mediocre but we still should have won that fairly easily, if not for a couple of mistakes and of course the missed red card.

Arteta is one of the more unlucky managers I've seen tbh.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
I'm not sorry our future manager got a draw against our present manager

and is anyone willing to concede we need Xhaka on the pitch
This has to stop. We were a CL club before Xhaka got here. Relying on absolute garbage like him is the reason we're in the mess we're in. Frankly, he should have replaced Gunnersaurus because he is basically the mascot of this club's decline into banter. We don't need Xhaka on the pitch. We need a competent midfield partner for Partey. Contrary to the absolute weirdoes on this forum's bizarre beliefs, a competent midfielder isn't rash or error prone. Xhaka is both, all the time. The absolute shambles that is the engine room of this squad does not negate or absolve the reality that Xhaka is not good enough for an Arsenal that wants something more than to be laughed at. We need someone reliable, disciplined and with the technical quality to evade the press and recycle the ball quickly. Xhaka is incapable of this. He would be a liability and a burden even if he wasn't also a colossal assh*le with awful temperament. This club needs strong, committed professionals who can do basic things consistently. You build from that. Xhaka should have been gotten rid of this summer and his contract will be a millstone and a nasty remnant of this disgusting Arteta tenure.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

This has to stop. We were a CL club before Xhaka got here. Relying on absolute garbage like him is the reason we're in the mess we're in. Frankly, he should have replaced Gunnersaurus because he is basically the mascot of this club's decline into banter. We don't need Xhaka on the pitch. We need a competent midfield partner for Partey. Contrary to the absolute weirdoes on this forum's bizarre beliefs, a competent midfielder isn't rash or error prone. Xhaka is both, all the time. The absolute shambles that is the engine room of this squad does not negate or absolve the reality that Xhaka is not good enough for an Arsenal that wants something more than to be laughed at. We need someone reliable, disciplined and with the technical quality to evade the press and recycle the ball quickly. Xhaka is incapable of this. He would be a liability and a burden even if he wasn't also a colossal assh*le with awful temperament. This club needs strong, committed professionals who can do basic things consistently. You build from that. Xhaka should have been gotten rid of this summer and his contract will be a millstone and a nasty remnant of this disgusting Arteta tenure.
Never have truer words been spoken on A-M!!!

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
Disappointing result & performance.
Started well but then Palace came back into it & a lot of our players failed to get a grip on the game.
They should have been down to 10 men though for that horrendous assault on Saka. If that is given different game.

Laca looked good when he came on but too many of our players were off today. Most put a shift in tbf but passing & link up play was poor.

Errors led to both their goals but a draw probably about the right result on balance of play.

match stats.png

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
Also another point we'll never be in challenge for something useful in league if we be not consistent we always go win 2-3 games then drop points in next against teams we shouldn't that'll mean a midtable finish we already dropped points in half games we played this season. Have to get alot better in that regard the league still not taking any shape all teams apart maybe from Liverpool not looking that great
I agree but today it was individual errors that cost us.
Having said that you must give Palace credit for forcing the errors.
Its a tough league, Brentford battered Chelsea for large parts of the game at the weekend but didnt get the result they deserved. Chelsea are way ahead of us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I can really see the light. I’m telling you I’m very positive most of the time. I’ve seen the light and I can see bright lights. There can be bumps in the road within that light, but I can see a lot of light.

Mikel Arteta
Top Bottom