• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Managerial Royalty

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Fergie was less accomplished than Emery when Fergie first got the United job.

No he wasn't :lol: he had an European championship with Aberdeen ffs. He had three top-flight titles, four Scottish Cups, and triumphs in the UEFA Cup Winners' Cup and UEFA Super Cup.

Again, with Aberdeen.

@American_Gooner I think the Manberg alert hit Defcon 5 with this one.

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
It has literally everything to do with Arteta. We've quite simply changed everything about how we set up on the attack and Auba was massively outperforming his xG with both Emery and Arteta.

As soon as the chances dried up, so did his contributions.

The man is not a creator, he doesn't bring others into play that much, what he has is pace and most importantly, movement. Artera is asking an elite goalscorer to play in a way he literally has never done so his entire career.

If the plan was not to have him on the end of chances and constantly on the shoulder of the oppositions fullbacks and CBS, there's literally no point in renewing him and that also falls on the manager and club.
I think the way Auba has fallen off is on him. He is playing him through the middle and as we have seen with our own eyes he is missing sitters and having bad performance after bad performance. He isn’t being asked to play wide as much anymore and is no where as clinical as he was for us before the big deal. The midfield isn’t creating as much that to impacts his play but it can’t account for the entire fall of he has had in form. I don’t think we are relying on him as a playmaker he just is nowhere as clinical as he has been throughout his career, the midfield issue is impacting him that is fair. I don’t see what Arteta has done to make him be a shell of himself other than to ask him to track back which he did even when he was scoring.

Farzad Stoned

No he wasn't :lol: he had an European championship with Aberdeen ffs. He had three top-flight titles, four Scottish Cups, and triumphs in the UEFA Cup Winners' Cup and UEFA Super Cup.

Again, with Aberdeen.

@American_Gooner I think the Manberg alert hit Defcon 5 with this one.
And the fans had to wait 4 years for a trophy that was the point really.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
Why do you compare him to Unai’s first season or Wenger 2015? He was brought in after Unai’s much worse second season, and Arteta didn’t succeed Wenger in 2015/2016. We were awful and the players revolted in Unai’s second season.
The answer to any question like this, posed to this poster, is inevitably and necessarily: because agenda. You will figure it out soon enough 😬

Anyways, Thierry doesn't say anything really incorrect here, but is there anything more boring and uninsightful than Thierry's analysis? 😅 He's the punditry equivalent of Captain Obvious.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

5/6 of his signings have been successful so far it has to be said. Give him another £200m to spend I think.

Farzad Stoned

5/6 of his signings have been successful so far it has to be said. Give him another £200m to spend I think.
If we spend like we did to improve the creativity in midfield and attack we could be a window or two away from a squad that can win biggest trophies. But big money will have to be spent to give us more goals and creativity

Farzad Stoned

What are you talking about? All of his signings is included in that number.
5 of 6 are good signings this year, the signings last season were also good that is the point. But you wouldn’t get the point if you sat on it like a nail

Paperino

It’s Timo Time

5 of 6 are good signings this year, the signings last season were also good that is the point. But you wouldn’t get the point if you sat on it like a nail

The same old HairSprayGooners. You might aswell reveal yourself since everyone can see who you are, darling.

Farzad Stoned

The same old HairSprayGooners. You might aswell reveal yourself since everyone can see who you are, darling.
Please don’t call me darling, it is kind of bizarre since I am a chubby, hairy, middle aged man. Unless that is your kick, more power to you but I got a gf bro.

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Ødegaard
He literally said: "I think Mikel Arteta is doing very well." :lol:
And followed with but. Anytime there's a but it feels like you don't really want to say the first statement :lol: and the way he's talking about results also sound so negative. He even decreased our possession in the Leicester game 🤦🏾‍♂️

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
He even decreased our possession in the Leicester game 🤦🏾‍♂️

Surprised he mentioned the Leicester match, that was like a classic Invincible away match.

Kill the team early on, then just keep them under control in the second half.

Arsenal Quotes

The coach's role is to make the player understand everything that serves the interest of the game. To do this he must speak to the child within each player, to the adolescent he was and the adult he is now. Too often a coach tends only to speak to the adult, issuing commands for performance, for victory, for reflection, to the detriment of the child who is playing for pleasure, living in the present.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Daily Transfer Updates

Thursday, May 23

Arsenal have agreed to part ways with midfielder Sambi Lokonga following talks with the player [Evening Standard]

Arsenal are likely to be priced out of a move for Sporting Lisbon’s £86m striker Viktor Gyokeres [Football Insider]

Latest posts

Top Bottom