• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Edu's Considering Transfer Targets: Summer 2022 🛒

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 14,044
  • Views 978,819

If we only make one more signing, which would you prefer?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Martinelli 21 Saka 21 ESR 22 Eddie 23 Ode 23 Vieira 22. We seriously lack experience upfront it just doesn't make sense we sign another young player we signed G.Jesus who he also 25 lol.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Generally not much reward either.

True it can go either way but just look at Partey as an example, we splashed out 45m on him and he hasn’t done much to recoup his fee. Same with Pepe and Lacazette.

If we use the funds we have to strengthen the midfield significantly then I’m not against a project outwide, it all depends on whether they’ll do it.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Martinelli 21 Saka 21 ESR 22 Eddie 23 Ode 23 Vieira 22. We seriously lack experience upfront it just doesn't make sense we sign another young player we signed G.Jesus who he also 25 lol.
It does if you want a built in excuse when Josh and Stan wonder why the f*ck all the money they're giving you isn't moving the needle on the pitch.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Bosnian Ben Arfa, I’m hearing.

I wouldn’t be against this signing if it means we bring in another striker.

Spending big money on this randomer, after spending big money on Vieira...which will somehow allow us to spend big money on another forward, despite already spending big money on Jesus...AFTER also spending big money to renew Eddie.

All this why making no money on transfers out and paying players to leave, unless we are really lucky and they wait to leave for nothing instead.

Either Stan has just gone mad, or this is the only way Arteta and Edu are making all these moves...

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
It does if you want a built in excuse when Josh and Stan wonder why the f*ck all the money they're giving you isn't moving the needle on the pitch.
They really not the once who buying. They want a new young team but we have buy experience it's not 2007 anymore when we had exciting young team league got more competitive.

albakos

ArsĂŠne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
Our Raphinha replacement

That journo Arlind Sadiku is not from Bosnia, he is from Kosovo. Edon Zhegrova is also an Albanian from Kosovo and Sadiku has connections with him from his early days.

I posted about him earlier

Incorrect!

That's actually only for half a season because he moved to Lille in January, so the numbers you quoted are only for Lille. Some better research is due 😎

In 1st half of last season Edon Zhegrova was at Basel and had the following return

View attachment 7171

Still better than 72M Pepe and our main striker Laca

He has silky feet, in that he is the typical low gravity dribbler, but I think he would piss the hell out of our supporters. He tends to try in showing off his skills too much and will often misplace the final pass.

But I think for that money, why not, let's get another Albo here 🇦🇱

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
True it can go either way but just look at Partey as an example, we splashed out 45m on him and he hasn’t done much to recoup his fee. Same with Pepe and Lacazette.

If we use the funds we have to strengthen the midfield significantly then I’m not against a project outwide, it all depends on whether they’ll do it.
I agree, but you take well researched risks. Hate to keep going back to this example, but everybody could see Olise' quality at Reading. Palace got him for 8m. You want a young talent to compete straight away, look at Brennan Johnson, Joao Pedro, or someone who has thrived in English football. Otherwise, use our young talent and use the funds to get 2 or 3 quality signings in. Quality over quantity.

Vieira isn't even capped by Portugal - 30m
This guy doesn't start most games for Kosovo.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐

Ødegaard has been playing since he was 16. Saka since he was 17. Saka has played in a European final. They’re both very experienced.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Ødegaard has been playing since he was 16. Saka since he was 17. Saka has played in a World Cup final. They’re both very experienced.
I'd understand this signing if the plans has changed after the last few days event and signing number 6 become more important but if not then really need to target much proven wingers.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
Hope this one's made up. Can't see a guy scoring two goals in France or six assists in Switzerland doing much in the PL. We'd be better off giving Marquinhos his minutes.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
If there is any truth in this. i feel its because funds will be shifted to midfield in light of recent news. I'm not against that tbh. but i'd just roll with the wingers we have instead of getting this guy

GDeep™

League is very weak
Ødegaard has been playing since he was 16. Saka since he was 17. Saka has played in a European final. They’re both very experienced.
The attack is massively inexperienced, outside of Saka and Jesus I don’t see big outputs.

Won’t be surprised if Saka has a dip, I think he plays well despite Arteta and his tactics.

Ode is so experienced that he went missing when it really mattered.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Won’t be surprised if Saka has a dip, I think he plays well despite Arteta and his tactics.

Candidate for an injury. Think people underestimate how hard it is to be good and stay fit consistently.

I’ve also noticed a lot of players tend to have one good year then one ruined by injuries. KDB a prime example.

Might be down to PED cycles but I may have said too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I think in England you eat too much sugar and meat and not enough vegetables

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Friday, May 24

Thomas Partey will leave this summer. Arsenal have multiple targets lined up to replace him [Fabrizio Romano]

Arsenal are still in the market for a recognised #9 despite the recent good form of Kai Havertz [Fabrizio Romano]

The club may accept that the time is now to sell Emile Smith Rowe, with just two years left on his contract [The Athletic]

Arsenal may sanction a loan to raise Aaron Ramsdale’s value if they can’t recoup their fee for him this summer [The Athletic]

Arsenal are among a host of Premier League clubs hoping to sign Irish sensation Mason Melia (16). Melia, who is already playing first-team football for St Patrick’s Athletic in the League of Ireland, cannot move to the UK until he turns 18 due to Brexit rules [Evening Standard]

Juventus like Thomas Partey, and Napoli will try to sign him before June 30 as well [Di Marzio]

Bruno Guimarães’ entourage hope to receive proposals from at least two Premier League clubs, with the player’s priority wanting to remain in England. Guimarães’ £100m release clause, which expires next month, can be paid in three annual instalments. [UOLEsporte]

Latest posts

Top Bottom