• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Granit Xhaka (Out)

Will Manberg/Bergman complete the five stages of grief before the window opens?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ash10

Chairman of the Bum Brigade
The power is in Mikel Arteta’s hands. He convinced Xhaka to stay twice before, here’s hoping he can do it a third time :pray:

Xhaka deserves a new contract, give him that 4 or 5 year deal he wants. Just because it was a mistake with Özil or Auba doesn’t mean it’s always a mistake. Xhaka is special and you will always get maximum commitment from him. He loves this club. Give him that contract.
I don’t know the facts but my best guess is he was only offered a 2 year extension early on this season and he felt insulted. Xhaka has been nothing but loyal to this club, he deserves respect!
🤣🤣🤣🤣

BergMan

Betrayed by Xhaka
Much as I'd like Xhaka to say, offering him a 5 year contract at his wages for the EPL would be insane. While he does have good natural fitness and isn't someone who relies on his pace, this isn't Spain, Italy or Germany. The week in week out physical intensity of the EPL is so much higher than those leagues, and previously robust players suddenly drop off a cliff early to mid 30s. About from absolute world beaters at their peak like Thiago Silva and Zlatan, who can you think of who has sustained their level well into their 30s in the EPL in recent years? Particularly those who have played regularly at a high standard since they were 17?

I'd give him another 2 years in a heartbeat, 3 years as a compromise. 5 years, which is what he's been offered by Leverkusen, would be a gargantuan risk, and not one worth taking for a player who, although possessed of many qualities, is not of the level where a drop off would still see him being hugely impactful, a la Zlatan, Thiago Sliva, Modric etc.

There is no drop off for Xhaka. He is an unreal athlete. When do you see him get injured? Extremely rarely. He will keep improving until he is 40 at least.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
There is no drop off for Xhaka. He is an unreal athlete. When do you see him get injured? Extremely rarely. He will keep improving until he is 40 at least.

No-one improves till they're 40.

Not Messi, not Zlatan, not Ronaldo.

Every player drops off physically in their 30's. There are no exceptions.

BIoodBrother

No-one improves till they're 40.

Not Messi, not Zlatan, not Ronaldo.

Every player drops off physically in their 30's. There are no exceptions.
“When Andrea told me that he was joining us, the first thing I thought was: ‘God exists.’ He allows you to dream when he has the ball at his feet,” remarked Gianluigi Buffon not long after the floppy-haired maestro joined Juventus in 2011.

After 10 years of elegant service at the heart of the Milan midfield, the then-32-year-old had been discarded by the Rossoneri. Offered a token gesture contract extension that was thinly disguised as an attempt to tell Pirlo that ‘we wish you all the best in your future endeavours, but if you want to stay, you have to do it on our terms’, Pirlo, rightly, didn’t take too kindly to Milan’s proposal, and decided to be the latest in a long string of players to play for all of the ‘big three’ and join Juve in the summer of 2011, signing a three-year deal."

Not saying Xhaka is Pirlo but players who do most of the hard work with their brains and minds dont necessarily peak with 28.
I expect him to play another couple of great seasons (now for Xabi Alonso in the Xabi Alonso position maybe?)

Happy he had such a great farewell.
What a shame, he's leaving, especially since we haven't got a replacement yet.

lomekian

Essays are my thing
Do you think we can't improve on him or is just that it's too much money involved in some of the guys mentioned?
Neither - unless we can buy them all, we can't fill every squad hole at once this summer, and if it were a choice between getting 2 CMs but no new attacking options or 1 top CM, keeping Xhaka for another year and getting a beast who can finish reliably as a striker option, I'd choose that.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Fellas, I’m begging you. Please stay in your sons’ lives. Pleas be a present father so they don’t end up as an Andrew Tate Stan or worse - a Xhaka fanboy like this gentleman here. Hug your sons or watch him regress into this.

Tbh he's been overdoing it with the whole Xhaka thing.

Taking it far too much into the silly side that it doesn't seem like genuine lunacy.

Still, soon this thread and the one in the mains will be locked, the legend thread will be moved to Arsenal History and that'll be that.

Maybe Manberg will go the way of the Rich1990 and make his own Xhaka History buff forum?

Erlis

Only Came To See Granit Xhaka

So sad to see that most of the people here seem to have had a tough childhood and **** family background and probably trolled and bullied by everyone. You can see they come from rotten societies and background, where old men behave like 2 years old. For example, you should not be fooled by the name of the country. I have heard that for example Saudi Arabia is a complete **** hole and nothing has to do with religion, but the ****ttest place on Earth in every aspect. I do not have to tell you anything about Brazil or American hispanics. Typical ****holes.

Old men trolling, I have seen it all now, Behave little ****s.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

The only moment of possible happiness is the present. The past gives regrets. And future uncertainties. Man quickly realised this and created religion. It forgives him what he has done wrong in the past and tells him not to worry about the future, as you will go to paradise.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom