• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Granit Xhaka (Out)

Will Manberg/Bergman complete the five stages of grief before the window opens?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Don’t you have a favourite player?

Supporting and admiring the players that play for your team is part of being a football fan, naturally everyone will have their favourite player. The players want it more than anything too, to be loved by the fans.

Just because I know where someone lives doesn’t make me a stalker, finding out was very easy. It was simply curiosity. People want to follow the lives of their favourite players these days. It’s more than just football on the pitch.

Of course I have favourite players. I had posters on Ian Wright and DB10 on my wall as a kid. I love Saka now.

I've never had any inclination to get into their personal lives or find out where they live though. I don't follow any footballers on social media but I can understand someone being interested in what their favourite player wants to share of their private lives on there though.

Point is it should be their choice how much of their personal life they share because it's their life and being a famous person they are vulnerable in that respect.

I'm certain that Xhaka or any other footballer would be very unhappy about any Arsenal fans knowing what house they live in. It's a massive invasion of privacy at best.

BergMan

Betrayed by Xhaka
Of course I have favourite players. I had posters on Ian Wright and DB10 on my wall as a kid. I love Saka now.

I've never had any inclination to get into their personal lives or find out where they live though. I don't follow any footballers on social media but I can understand someone being interested in what their favourite player wants to share of their private lives on there though.

Point is it should be their choice how much of their personal life they share because it's their life and being a famous person they are vulnerable in that respect.

I'm certain that Xhaka or any other footballer would be very unhappy about any Arsenal fans knowing what house they live in. It's a massive invasion of privacy at best.

Then you’re old fashioned. Nothing wrong with that but times have changed. People do want to delve into the personal lives of their favourite players these days.
Xhaka wants people to know him off the pitch as well. He said as much in his player tribune interview.

About the house thing, that was just my curiosity. I’m not going to tell anyone the details.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Just because I know where someone lives doesn’t make me a stalker, finding out was very easy. It was simply curiosity. People want to follow the lives of their favourite players these days. It’s more than just football on the pitch.

You got warned over this, if not outright temp banned.

You're also taking this schtick a bit too far, you are not this clueless so stop acting like it, it was funny but it's just getting old now.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
I think Arteta wants the following: 2 players

A) Someone as good defensively who's better creatively on the ball - Mount
I agree, Mount may not be flash enough on the pitch for the sauce boys but is a very good team player.
Tbh though looks like he is Man U bound.
B) Someone as good offensively who's better defensively off the ball - Rice
Execellent call on Rice. No 1 target this summer.

BergMan

Betrayed by Xhaka
You got warned over this, if not outright temp banned.

You're also taking this schtick a bit too far, you are not this clueless so stop acting like it, it was funny but it's just getting old now.

Eh? I didn’t bring it up I was just responding to the other poster who did. What do you mean when you say clueless?

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
Don’t you have a favourite player?

Supporting and admiring the players that play for your team is part of being a football fan, naturally everyone will have their favourite player. The players want it more than anything too, to be loved by the fans.

Penn Badgley Joe Goldberg GIF by YOU

“Guards!!!”

BergMan

Betrayed by Xhaka
You guys are trying to get me banned 😡

Going back on topic, Xhaka’s reason for leaving is evidently not about his wife, like I said before.

Entropics

Established Member

Player:Saka
The pessimism in the Rice thread makes me feel we will miss out, Arteta will beg him again, he stays and the forum continues to get Xhaka spam

A rare L quadruple might be on the cards

Badger_Revenge

Listening to the Breakdown interview with Zinchenko. He mentions that the positions Xhaka takes up to receive the ball makes his passing look good. I've heard that before from other Arsenal players - Xhaka's sense of space and the ability to exploit it.

I was deeply unconvinced by Xhaka as a deep lying midfielder, but playing in the more box to box role he did this year, he does seem to find pockets of space that he can drive into and from which he can release other players. Will be interesting to see if anyone we bring in will be be able to play the same role as well. I'll be watching to see if Zinchenko remains as effective.

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
Pathetic tbh, we have plenty of potential targets. I think the club think were bothered, i for one cant wait.

He is staying mate this whole thing is another Arteta PR stunt. I wouldn’t be surprised if Mik moved him into a false number 9 role

Bucephalus

Good, nuanced response. Part of me agrees that players need their privacy and I don't think I'd ever set out to find where a player lives. On the other hand I once honeymooned on Antigua, and got to talking to a resort staff member about cricket. After a bit, he mentions that Viv Richards' house is just ten minutes away, and offers to drive me there to take a selfie out front. I did take him up on the offer. The boundary between fandom and stalker can be a little blurry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I think in England you eat too much sugar and meat and not enough vegetables

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom