• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Granit Xhaka (Out)

Will Manberg/Bergman complete the five stages of grief before the window opens?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

BenTal

Player:Zinchenko
He spent 6 years under the coaches. They all highly rated him, but Arteta is really the one who unlocked his potential. Sad that he is leaving, but happy at the same time for him and the club. I hope he continues his career as a football coach.

21m is a very good price. Good job Edu :applause:

Bloodbather

Established Member

Great turnaround to end his stint on a high note. Had a nice last game as well. Probably added 10M to his price compared to last summer, which is huge since he's 30. We were rumoured to be selling him to Roma for like 13M last summer.

baccy_man

Established Member
Good luck to Granit, After a tweak to his playing position last year it seemed to bring out the best of him, He had a really good season and showed that he could still be a valued player in the team but with our new players coming in I think he most likely would have been dropped down to a squad player.

ThlRama

Player:Saka
21.5m is really good business, he was bought 7 (!) years ago for less than twice that. However, looking at how much we paid i.e. for Jorginho, it seems about fair too, since Xhaka is almost 1 year younger and has been a better player in the last 18+ months.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

21.5m is really good business, he was bought 7 (!) years ago for less than twice that. However, looking at how much we paid i.e. for Jorginho, it seems about fair too, since Xhaka is almost 1 year younger and has been a better player in the last 18+ months.
Jorginho was from an emergency buy from a London rival team in January.

So it was a small overpay for a player with 6 months left in contract. But a great buy.

TornadoTed

Established Member
Le
This☝️
His off the ball defensive work was very good. Highly doubt Havertz or ESR as a left 8 is gonna get near that.
Tbf Havertz is a good presser & both may get you more goals.
Unless Rice is superman at 6 or playing as an 8 with a quality 6 behind you do worry we will get exposed, especially against the top teams?

Perhaps there may be a system change or tweak somewhere?
Havertz won't be as good as Xhaka defensively but I expect Timber as the inverting fullback will be better defensively than Zinchenko for example.

I think we will have enough squad depth by the end of this window to be able to pick a balanced team who are strong both offensively and defensively.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Havertz won't be as good as Xhaka defensively but I expect Timber as the inverting fullback will be better defensively than Zinchenko for example.

I think we will have enough squad depth by the end of this window to be able to pick a balanced team who are strong both offensively and defensively.

Zinchenko is much better footballer than Timber. The whole point of Zinchenko invented is to use his footballing skills in midfield. No point is having a defender in midfield

TornadoTed

Established Member
Zinchenko is much better footballer than Timber. The whole point of Zinchenko invented is to use his footballing skills in midfield. No point is having a defender in midfield
I'm sure Zinchenko will play plenty in his current role and rightly so, he is a lovely footballer. My point was that we should have a deep enough squad that we will see more rotation and if we require a bit more solidity for certain games we should have plenty of options to provide that.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

£21.5m is a good fee.

Almost as if Edu isn’t actually crap, and up until now has only been trying to sell duds/high wage players… shocker.
Wonder when all those bashing Edu for years will apologise to him.

What is the breaking point for people to realize they were horribly wrong and the sillyness of the constant crying?

ggunner12345

I'll be absolutely gutted to see him go. Wonderful player and an incredible character. People say Rice is a leader, i don't see it, Rice is a 'lad', Xhaka is a man. Fantastic footballer, always the first one over to defend a teammate, always available, top professional. He will be missed, we are losing him a year too early imo.

You will be gutted I thought it was just bergman

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
£21.5m is a good fee.

Almost as if Edu isn’t actually crap, and up until now has only been trying to sell duds/high wage players… shocker.

It's not like his track record has been appaling up until this window or anything, right?

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
"I like ya, not very much but I like ya"

...Stone Cold Steve Austin to Kurt Angle, 2001.

That just about sums up how both Arsenal fans and Xhaka feel about the other.

Good luck to you Granit, thanks for the two Community Shield wins and telling us all to **** off :applause:

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I remember when Wenger said his best position was as a B2B, a lot of Arsenal fabs ridiculed him. It's quite funny how Mikel is now seem as a genius for playing him in the same position Wenger got laughed at for saying was his best position.

That 35m is looking like a steal now isn't it? You'd be hard-pressed to find five CMs in the league who are better than him.

Credit to Mikel for extracting the best out for Granit though. I'll miss him though.

I won't lie, I'll miss him. He started to grow on me during the 20/21 season.

It's ironic that he's the only one with enough balls to stand up to Mikel but is one of Mikel's trusted lieutenants.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

There is no chance of Sol ever leaving for Arsenal. He is a Spurs fan and there is not a hope in hell of him playing in an Arsenal shirt.

David Buchler, Tottenham Vice-Chairman, 2001

Daily Transfer Updates

Saturday, May 26

Sturm Graz Sporting Director Andreas Schicker says he will meet Arsenal next week to attempt to sign striker Mika Biereth permanently [Kurier]

Arsenal have made contact with Stade Rennais and representatives regarding a move for Désiré Doué this summer. They are joined by PSG, Manchester United, Sp**s, Bayer Leverkusen, Bayern Munich and Borussia Dortmund in the pursuit for the 18 year-old [The Secret Scout]

Arsenal are in the running to sign Crystal Palace attacker Michael Olise alongside Manchester United, Liverpool, Newcastle and Chelsea [Darren Lewis - The Mirror]
Top Bottom