• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League 23/24: Gameweek 10 (Oct 27-29)

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

Really? VVD and Romero are killing it IMO. Porro and Udogie have been very competent in defence also. Compare their defence to last season, its improved ten fold whilst playing a very high line. In fairness, their xGA is higher than ours, but in terms of actual goals against, they have the same number of clean sheets and are conceding an average of 0.9 goals, which is the same as us.
There new keeper, who looked poor in the first game, has far exceeded expectations so far also.

I definitely prefer their fullbacks to ours so far this season. Their midfield Bissouma and Sarr been good too.

“The rest bring just there” I meant Richarlison and the other attackers.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Really? VVD and Romero are killing it IMO. Porro and Udogie have been very competent in defence also. Compare their defence to last season, its improved ten fold whilst playing a very high line. In fairness, their xGA is higher than ours, but in terms of actual goals against, they have the same number of clean sheets and are conceding an average of 0.9 goals, which is the same as us.
There new keeper, who looked poor in the first game, has far exceeded expectations so far also.

Last ditch defending is not killing it mate.

What makes Sp**s defensively better is that they hunt in packs, and ensure that they are in a position to recover quickly when the ball is lost, and they partly do this by looking to overload one side in posession which leaves fewer opposition numbers in space.

Even our team in 22/23 wasnt this chaotic defensively. Yes we had moments where we had to throw caution to the wind in attack, but Gabriel and Saliba were both better at managing the spaces behind. Both in their ability to recover defensively, but also turn those defensive situations back into game control with their possession.

You can make a case for Sp**s though, as they prioritise being as direct as possible, which gives rise to the chaos in their play. They do this by design, to keep the game open and competitive. A high risk, high reward approach.

I wouldnt take any of VDV or Romero over our pair. Although I would argue that VDV can challenge Gabriel for that LCB spot, just for his pace alone.

Romero? Good sure, but he is more overrated by Sp**s fans.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

The main thing I like about Sp**s is their use of Maddison he comes short but also has license to drift and he'll still make runs behind too. It's very hard to stop a player like that when he's given license like he's been given which is such a rarity in modern football. He's been nothing short of a revelation for them, also credit to Ange for swapping Richarlison and Son around.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

The main thing I like about Sp**s is their use of Maddison he comes short but also has license to drift and he'll still make runs behind too. It's very hard to stop a player like that when he's given license like he's been given which is such a rarity in modern football. He's been nothing short of a revelation for them, also credit to Ange for swapping Richarlison and Son around.

Have you seen how Havertz wins long balls though?

GDeep™

League is very weak
Best player in the league this season.

Synical

Miss Superstitious

They are not playing traditional pure Angeball. It feels currently they have taken some of the positive attacking energy of Ange, but combining it with the pragmatism / counter-attacking style of previous Sp**s teams. When they went 1-0, they were cagey and knocking it around aimlessly at the back to open space for the counter. They were not really pushing hard for a second with all out attack. Its working in the sense they are top of the table. Winning away at Crystal Palace is not easy,I think that's what we always say when we win there.
Yes we said that when we played: '8 o clock under the lights at Selhurst park is tough'

Ljonin

I'm not worried a bit. Sp**s dont even look like Leicester when they won the league. They look way way way worse.

They are playing pure garbage and it is not sustainable. It will come and bite them in the ass soon enough.
Even if you think that, their football is likely to improve. In fact that’s way more likely that everything falling apart. Manager has only been there for 6 months and with the confidence and feel good factor they have now, improvements will accelerate

juice man

Can't make his mind up
Conor Gallagher wearing the armband just doesn’t feel right, especially with the likes of Silva and Sterling on the field.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Did anyone see the Chelsea v Brentford match promo before the actual game.

Reece James actually said "London is Blue" to try and hype a match against Brentford, cringe as ****!

What next, draw Leyton Orient in the cup and say "London is Blue" to them aswell ffs 😅

Arsenal Quotes

What does Arsenal mean? It means class. The structure of the Club, everything has a classy feel about it. It isn't always about success, there is more than that and this is what makes it a cut above the rest.

Charlie Nicholas

Daily Transfer Updates

Friday, May 17

Cedric and Mohamed Elneny will leave the clubs when their contracts expire this summer [Fabrizio Romano]

Newcastle have joined Arsenal and Liverpool in the race to sign Barcelona winger Raphinha [TBR Football]

Arsenal are keen on Benfica’s 21 year old striker Marcos Leonardo [TBR Football]

Aaron Ramsdale denies agreement to join Newcastle:

Talks have progressed over a deal to take Ramsdale to Newcastle, in a potential £15m deal [Luke Edwards and Sam Dean - Telegraph]

Latest posts

Top Bottom