• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Loss Premier League: Aston Villa 1 - 0 Arsenal | Saturday 9th December | KO: 17:30 GMT | Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.

1_GettyImages-1255241436-1.jpg

Screenshot-20231206-115538.png

Screenshot-20231206-115556.png

Screenshot-20231206-115616.png

Screenshot-20231206-115647.png

Screenshot-20231206-115705.png

Screenshot-20231206-115754.png

Screenshot-20231206-115813.png

Screenshot-20231206-115831.png

c7184912-f66c-4fb5-bc7c-7fb0bc8c6f23.png

Prediction

Villa 0-1 Arsenal

roz

Fake News Merchant
Everyone knows the issue. Nothing would come of it. Certainly not from Arteta. Only if a British manager speaks up and speaks forcefully might there be some reaction. Still wouldn't expect them to make any actual changes. But then of course you have teacher's pets like Eddie Howe sucking up to the corrupt officals.
Rival fans would support decisions against us, truth becomes irrelevant. Was clever of them to set us against Villa today.
Most Villa fans I know sympathised with us. Not after tonight.

HighburyHigh

It’s a shame that this side of Christmas there was a potential 9 points for us. Now we’re probably getting possibly 3 out of 9. I’d have been happy with 6 from 9 as we never win at Anfield and normally get slapped up there and I think we’ll get beat again unfortunately. (terrible date and kick off time as well)

We need to ensure we beat Brighton and West Ham at least, then strengthen in January pronto.

King87

Kai's having the time of my life

I don't think it's only how he came out after the Newcastle game. I honestly think the Raya/Ramsdale saga has done more damage to how he's viewed. He had the opportunity to form a British core with Ramsdale, White, Rice and Saka and get pundits and others somewhat on his side. He ****ed that up with the treatment of Rambo and having the others isn't enough to make up for that. Now he has every pundit against him instead and get no love or support whatsoever.
We'll be top of the table with about 6points clear if we had a British darling manager. I even thought Rice would make a difference to these bent refs like how Sp**s gets the treated differently because they had Kane but no way lol.

sergio_giorgini

Dying on Mt.Neymar Hill
We really should stop feeling sorry for ourselves and cut out the nonsense. I’ve seen it for 15 years now. So sickening.

Every top team get decisions against them anyway, just look at some of the decisions this season.

We have clear weaknesses in our squad. Until we address those properly, we won’t win this league

Come on there’s clearly an agenda. Since Newcastle away literally every contentious decision has gone against us. This isn’t bad luck or just a coincidence.

lomekian

Essays are my thing
We really should stop feeling sorry for ourselves and cut out the nonsense. I’ve seen it for 15 years now. So sickening.

Every top team get decisions against them anyway, just look at some of the decisions this season.

We have clear weaknesses in our squad. Until we address those properly, we won’t win this league
Have a biscuit. Some of us have seen us getting unfavourably officiated compared to teams from the North West for almost 4 decades. Difference is, with VAR, now the bias is clearer, because no-one can claim to have not seen it or had an obscured view. Not saying its just us. But we have long been seen as London, Flash or Foreign, and weak officials follow the lowest common denominator when it comes to setting their baseline biases (quite apart from the radius from Manchester seemingly being the chief criteria for selection - bar tonight's ref who is just relentlessly poor and pro physicality.

TBH, in fairness to you, at the moment we have the weakest cohort of match officials I've ever seen, even with the likes to tubby Mason retiring. Unfortunately, when people lack the critical thinking skills to do difficult jobs well, they lean into their biases - and become far more vulnerable to external pressure, like a noisy crowd, popular narrative, or media coverage. Its safer. Same way, VAR officials don't want to put pressure on their mates in rowdy atmospheres by giving anything to away teams - one reason why Covid saw such a difference in h/a form across the season.

If you think Utd and City get reffed the same as us, you are living in cloud cuckoo land.

Agree our squad has clear weaknesses, but so have most. Of course we need to strengthen, but our options are limited due to recent investment.

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

We'll be top of the table with about 6points clear if we had a British darling manager. I even thought Rice would make a difference to these bent refs like how Sp**s gets the treated differently because they had Kane but no way lol.
Rice 100% would've been massive in that regard. But as I said, I think Arteta himself blew it with Ramsdale. It's fine wanting and getting Raya believing he's an upgrade, but when you hear what way the sentiment is going you have to be a little bit clever about it. Arteta's worst enemy is honestly himself, he's too eager to prove everyone wrong himself smarter than everybody else.

lomekian

Essays are my thing
Is it only me or are a lot of our attackers just rolling around on the ground way more than they have to? Saka, Nelli, Jesus all on fraud watch in that regard. ****ing just stand up will you? I know they're getting kicked, but it's starting to get ridiculous.

In no way were we robbed. We did enough to win this, only have ourselves to blame really. Weak goal, weak finishing and weak overall performance. One of those days I guess
Well the evidence shows they get nothing given if they stay on their feet. Does Saka rolling around diminish the fact he is being targeted so much that multiple teams literally sub on 2nd left backs to keep kicking him after the first one is booked?

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Well the evidence shows they get nothing given if they stay on their feet. Does Saka rolling around diminish the fact he is being targeted so much that multiple teams literally sub on 2nd left backs to keep kicking him after the first one is booked?
I also don't think it helps the way he's ****ing around now either. I think there's a balance to had and I think he eventually found it last season. Now it's getting ridiculous

Sapient Hawk

Destiny's Hand 🖐🏿
Trusted ⭐

Rice 100% would've been massive in that regard. But as I said, I think Arteta himself blew it with Ramsdale. Fine wanting, getting Raya believing he's an upgrade, but when you hear what way the sentiment is going you have to be a little bit clever about it. Arteta's worst enemy is honestly himself, he's too eager to prove everyone wrong himself smarter than everybody else.

He's barely smarter than a 5th grader. He is arrogance & hypocrisy personified.

Where's his infamous "I'll sub a goalkeeper at halftime"? Raya shouldn't have been in Birmingham today, let alone on the pitch at Villa Park. He conspired to let Luton back into the game 3 times!!

But of course, Mike "Augustus Caesar" Arteta cannot be held to account with lowly mortals who don't walk barefoot like he does. The sooner he realizes he's just a petty tyrant with plastic hair, the resulting catharsis will be a boon for both club & man.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
And people still take the nonsense seriously

Read up on this metric, it’s quite insightful actually. Tells us a lot about what happened in game without seeing it.

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

He's barely smarter than a 5th grader. He is arrogance & hypocrisy personified.

Where's his infamous "I'll sub a goalkeeper at halftime"? Raya shouldn't have been in Birmingham today, let alone on the pitch at Villa Park. He conspired to let Luton back into the game 3 times!!

But of course, Mike "Augustus Caesar" Arteta cannot be held to account with lowly mortals who don't walk barefoot like he does. The sooner he realizes he's just a petty tyrant with plastic hair, the resulting catharsis will be a boon for both club & man.
Ngl, I really **** with this phrasing :bullseye:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Ian Wright was the incredible striker for whom those around him sometimes found hard to control especially the opponents. He was an extrovert, hyperactive, and had endured an extremely hard life. His playing style was instinctive, and he had that killer instinct, a player like no other.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Daily Transfer Updates

Friday, May 17

Cedric and Mohamed Elneny will leave the clubs when their contracts expire this summer [Fabrizio Romano]

Newcastle have joined Arsenal and Liverpool in the race to sign Barcelona winger Raphinha [TBR Football]

Arsenal are keen on Benfica’s 21 year old striker Marcos Leonardo [TBR Football]

Aaron Ramsdale has agreed to join Newcastle this summer [Sky Sports News]

Latest posts

Top Bottom