• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Loss Champions League Round of 16: FC Porto 1 - 0 Arsenal | Wednesday 21st February | KO: 20:00 GMT | TNT Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.

8cb3f4fd0930bb567ecd054213d05ccc.png

Screenshot-20240217-225720.png

lineup-1.png

Screenshot-20240217-230431.png

Prediction

Porto 0-2 Arsenal

lomekian

Essays are my thing
Porto would get smashed by decent side though. You're completely wrong on this. They were playing a high line tonight. They didn't drop deep.

They squeezed the middle of the play and our response to this was sideways pass, sideways pass, backwards pass, sideways pass.

Liverpool & City would have wrecked that backline with vertical play & wide play.

If Arteta can't figure this out & turn this around at the Emirates, we cannot expect to win a major trophy with him. It's that simple.

Whether he stays or goes is irrelevant. We are not winning anything big with this guy if he fails like this.
No they wouldn't. Porto NEVER get smashed at home in Europe. They lost 1-0 to Barca there this season having more shots etc than the Catalans.

Also worth remembering that Porto have a much better European record than us in terms of trophies won.

As for the Arteta comment, how many good European runs did we have under the most successful manager this club has ever had, he who created the Invincibles? 2 or 3 in 20+ years.

CIty had the wealth of nation state behind them and one of the best coaches ever, and a team who were winning the title every year and it still took them years to get their heads around Europe. PSG likewise, only the still haven't done it despite having an array of talent beyond most of the top teams.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
Please guys, don't make yourself silly by bigging-up Porto. There's a reason why they are off the pace in a weak European league and have in the last three games lost at Arouca (who?) and scraped a draw at home with the mighty Rio Ave.

They're not bad, but they're not very good. They did their bit today but basically we beat ourselves.
Did we beat ourselves vs Olympiakos, Sporting and Villareal?

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
No they wouldn't. Porto NEVER get smashed at home in Europe. They lost 1-0 to Barca there this season having more shots etc than the Catalans.

Also worth remembering that Porto have a much better European record than us in terms of trophies won.

As for the Arteta comment, how many good European runs did we have under the most successful manager this club has ever had, he who created the Invincibles? 2 or 3 in 20+ years.

CIty had the wealth of nation state behind them and one of the best coaches ever, and a team who were winning the title every year and it still took them years to get their heads around Europe. PSG likewise, only the still haven't done it despite having an array of talent beyond most of the top teams.

Yep. Porto was Inters hardest tie on the route to the final last year.

lomekian

Essays are my thing
This guy knows what he is talking about, tbf.

Was a titan in my Aberdeen Championship Manager 03-04 save, when I beat Rangers and Celtic to the title...you can sign him on a free transfer on that game, as Chelsea sacked him for doing coke in a London nightclub... legend in my books 💪
Didn't he give a nazi salute to the Sp**s fans?

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
I wouldn't even say he got his tactics wrong, because if it had ended 0-0 I'd be feeling really positive. It was a lapse of concentration in literally the last minute

Yeah, we should have shut up shop post 90 minutes. Such a ambitious ball against a team desperate to get the advantage was a sign of immaturity.

The boys have learnt a lesson tonight, you need to play the long game. Live to fight another day.

Its in our hands though, we are in good form at home, have our people behind us and are used to deep sitting blocks too. Make no mistake, we will be on them from the first minute.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Super, super talented but wasted it. Alex Ferguson who signed him for Utd called him the worse professional he ever had to manage in his career.

Australia had a proper team back then, though I think Bosnich rarely played for yous (probably preferred that time on the lash around the rave scene in the UK at the time 😅)

An amazing keeper, just a lazy bastard.

North5

Here since 2009. Unlike Cornavirus.

I'm gonna be fully behind the team in the 2nd leg obviously, but it's gonna be our toughest fixture of the season so far to get the desired result.

Tom Mix

League performances do not translate to Europe. It's a completely different equation.
Yes. An equation where you pay bigger, better teams. Where a 40 year old centre-back gets you nowhere.

If Porto knock us out (I don't think they will) everyone will want them in the QF and whoever gets them will beat them. I'll gamble my property portfolio on that.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

We need to keep an eye on their striker in the second game.

We all saw that second goal but his first miss in that crazy double miss was almost an insane finish. Seems like someone we shouldn’t allow to get a clear shot at goal from any distance.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
They had a Brazilian cb who only made his second game for them with zero experience and a 40 year old
I'm talking about ourselves. Our good form in the league was never going to guarantee an automatic walk over against Porto. We've seen it way too many times under Arteta.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

We don't sign superstars, we make them.

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Sunday, May 19

RB Leipzig want to offer Benjamin Šeško a new contract to stay for one more year [Fabrizio Romano]

Arsenal are the negotiating table for Fenerbache LB Ferdi Kadıoğlu [Takvim via Sport_Witness]

Latest posts

Top Bottom