• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Managerial Royalty

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Had a shower to clear my head of that embarrassment, and thought things through better.

Think Mikel made a massive mistake not playing Jorginho, think he should have started today and not away to Bayern if he needed a break soon.

After we drew with them at home.we lost the advantage, they are the favs to beat us now...we should have just made sure we prioritised the league now, as it was in our hands.

Now we have done what I most feared (and what I said a few weeks ago) I didn't think we were good enough to win both trophies, and if we try it will just cost us winning anything...we have to choose one depending on how the circumstances fall for us.

We tried to rest Jorgi today for Bayern, thinking we could get by without him here... that's pretty much cost us the league, we needed a passer in midfield in that second half.

Now we have to go to Bayern after the trauma of knowing we pretty much just lost the title, against the team who have come to terms with losing their title months ago...a team far more experienced than ours, and at their ground.

They are still a side that won 10 leagues in a row, we are on for 4 years without even a cup now...these types of things matter, until you win as a group of players the pressure always feels greater.

Feel we have ****ed ourselves here, tbh...if we can beat them after everything, will genuinely be one of the greatest wins in our history to be fair.

As I said though, think we have ****ed this season 🙁

Xoxo

Had a shower to clear my head of that embarrassment, and thought things through better.

Think Mikel made a massive mistake not playing Jorginho, think he should have started today and not away to Bayern if he needed a break soon.

After we drew with them at home.we lost the advantage, they are the favs to beat us now...we should have just made sure we prioritised the league now, as it was in our hands.

Now we have done what I most feared (and what I said a few weeks ago) I didn't think we were good enough to win both trophies, and if we try it will just cost us winning anything...we have to choose one depending on how the circumstances fall for us.

We tried to rest Jorgi today for Bayern, thinking we could get by without him here... that's pretty much cost us the league, we needed a passer in midfield in that second half.

Now we have to go to Bayern after the trauma of knowing we pretty much just lost the title, against the team who have come to terms with losing their title months ago...a team far more experienced than ours, and at their ground.

They are still a side that won 10 leagues in a row, we are on for 4 years without even a cup now...these types of things matter, until you win as a group of players the pressure always feels greater.

Feel we have ****ed ourselves here, tbh...if we can beat them after everything, will genuinely be one of the greatest wins in our history to be fair.

As I said though, think we have ****ed this season 🙁
RAYA

WHITE SALIBA GABRIEL TOMIYASU

PARTEY RICE

SAKA Ødegaard TROSSARD

JESUS/HAVERTZ

This line up would have done the job but he went back to play havertz as LCM even though we drop a lot of points in the first part of the season playing him there.

Sapient Hawk

Destiny's Hand 🖐🏿
Trusted ⭐

Honestly an unforgivable mistake by Mikel to give Villa an open game. Rice was tired after Bayern. You can't play him alone at the 6, with Kai leaving spaces and ALSO Zinchenko leaving spaces and being a total liability.

What was that all about ? Did he think we were playing Sheffield ? The defense was already shaky against Bayern and you think it will help to play Kai and Zinchenko against a teams that love transition.

You need to be pragmatic at this time of the season. Players are tired, you need to keep it tight and physical. Play Partey with Rice, Kai at 9, Kiwior so we have size.

Such a rookie mistake when you have a full squad available.

Rookie implies he was only hired recently. He's been here 5 years now as manager & a few more at City before he arrived.

He has proven, time & again, that he is obstinate, tactically inflexible & a malevolently ruthless micro-manager.

His pacing up & down the field transmits the nerves to the players. Not to mention his insistence on every phase of play being to his exacting specifications.

This might not seem much but it has turned the players into automatons incapable of thinking for themselves which has robbed th of the ability of pulling off moments of brilliance that can be the difference in tight races like this one.

This is on him, pure & simple.

He's a good manager but he's never going to be get us across the line.

Riou

I mean Trossard has been better than Martinelli this season, so don't know why that was asked...funny answer from Mikel though :lol:

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
F*cking Brylcreem addict.
The time for him to puff his chest out and be Mr. Manager was at 0-0 to try to win the game, not after losing a match he was hoping to draw because he had no answers for a listless, spineless performance of his own making.

Sapient Hawk

Destiny's Hand 🖐🏿
Trusted ⭐

He needs to be read the riot act & told to bin Zinchenko & Jesus for players of higher quality.

Sell Nketiah, Nelson, Ramsdale, Vieira & Partey.

We need a better keeper to take over from Raya who is well below our standards too.

It's quite disheartening because there is so much to do & that's before you take into account the fact that we would still need to vanquish the insidious presence of City.

Paperino

It’s Timo Time

Saw the Leverkusen celebrations and felt jealous. I would really love to win some big trophies again but i dont think we can do that with this guy. Hope im wrong.

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
I wonder why it looked like we were playing a pre season game at times. The title is on the line, meanwhile we were happy to let them pass the ball around at 0-0.

Second half was piss poor, Mikel shares the blame for that. But we are two points behind City, still with a better GD. It isn't over until the fat lady sings.

Sapient Hawk

Destiny's Hand 🖐🏿
Trusted ⭐

Saw the Leverkusen celebrations and felt jealous. I would really love to win some big trophies again but i dont think we can do that with this guy. Hope im wrong.

You're not. Hopefully, we part ways before the promising crop of players we have decide to look for different, more appealing projects.

Sapient Hawk

Destiny's Hand 🖐🏿
Trusted ⭐

I wonder why it looked like we were playing a pre season game at times. The title is on the line, meanwhile we were happy to let them pass the ball around at 0-0.

Second half was piss poor, Mikel shares the blame for that. But we are two points behind City, still with a better GD. It isn't over until the fat lady sings.

City with a point ahead is a nightmare. With 2 it's practically impossible.

It's over.

Riou

I was 12 when we last won the title, ffs.

But I just feel glad I got to see us do it, as all my younger cousin does now is text me about how much he hates me for making him as Arsenal fan from 2007 on as we keep ****ing it up for him 😅

Sapient Hawk

Destiny's Hand 🖐🏿
Trusted ⭐

I was 12 when we last won the title, ffs.

But I just feel glad I got to see us do it, as all my younger cousin does now is text me about how much he hates me for making him as Arsenal fan from 2007 on as we keep ****ing it up for him 😅

Poor kid.

The real injustice was him ending up as your cousin & that's not something you can pin on Arsenal :lol:

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Arteta isn’t the only man to lead us from here, that’s not the point I’m making.

The point I’m making is that this guy isn’t our Rodgers. Why? Well we’ve won a trophy with the guy to begin with. How does that tie in with the always bottling idea?

City makes competing at this level near impossible. You can be nearly perfect and still lose, a draw feels like a loss. That’s the standard of competition.

There is no valid reason to get rid of Arteta now, and everyone here knows that.
You’d think City were 10 points clear.

Riou

Poor kid.

The real injustice was him ending up as your cousin & that's not something you can pin on Arsenal :lol:

My legal team has advised me to not comment on this, and told me to tell you to take up your statement with the parents of the person in question.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
Made another big mistake by playing Jorginho for 90 minutes against Brighton and then starting him 3 days later against Bayern.

Arsenal Quotes

Have Tottenham closed the gap on Arsenal?
Last time I checked they were still 4 miles and 11 titles away

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom