• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Bukayo Saka: Saka The Net

Is Saka a world class player?

• Yes definitely

Votes: 52 36.9%
  • Close, he’ll get there soon

Votes: 70 49.6%
  • No no at all

Votes: 19 13.5%

• Total voters

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
How old were Ronaldo and Rooney when they were playing a ton of games for United...Anelka, Cole, Kolo and Fabregas did the same for us back in the day.

I just don't buy this "tired" stuff, tbh...he's 22 ffs.
Fabregas started picking up chronic hamstring injuries around this age, Rooney had his issues as well. Saka is one of the most fouled players in the league, #3 last time I checked. He’s definitely due for a big injury at some point.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Fabregas started picking up chronic hamstring injuries around this age, Rooney had his issues as well. Saka is one of the most fouled players in the league, #3 last time I checked. He’s definitely due for a big injury at some point.

But they were still performing for their teams at this point.

Rooney was a Premier League champion at this age, while Cesc was an FA cup winner and a Euros winner for Spain by then.

Feel we need to be seeing a bit more from Bukayo, our fans are being a bit too Spursy with him for my liking.

Reactions: A_G

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
How old were Ronaldo and Rooney when they were playing a ton of games for United...Anelka, Cole, Kolo and Fabregas did the same for us back in the day.

I just don't buy this "tired" stuff, tbh...he's 22 ffs...didn't he just get a few weeks off after pulling out of international duty?

Sure by the time he's 30 that could affect him, but not now...he should be more decisive in games like this, imo.
Yeah but none of the players you mentioned played through an Achilles injury for a year and I will remind you that this is what Wayne Rooney looks like at 38:

0_GettyImages-2038739736.jpg

Just because there are some young players who are able to handle a huge physical demand from their teenage years, doesn't mean everyone can. Look what happened to Wilshere. Look how Gavi and Pedri can't stay fit. Look at Ansu Fati. A more responsibly constructed squad would see him being rotated more so that he can be fresh for games at the business end.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
I just think he gets babied too much by our fans, still think he's a very good player, but it's how I feel.

Anelka played 46 games as a 19 year old and Cesc 44 as a 17 year old, in a tike when players could literally kick the **** out of eachother... I need to he seeing a bit more personally to he a "Starboy" for us.

His dive rather than shoot in the last minute v Bayern was bad, and he made some poor decisions to deliver a better final ball when we were on top in the first half today.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

Must be watching a different game he was really good in the first half but spent in the second just like most of the team

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
I just think he gets babied too much by our fans, still think he's a very good player, but it's how I feel.

Anelka played 46 games as a 19 year old and Cesc 44 as a 17 year old, in a tike when players could literally kick the **** out of eachother... I need to he seeing a bit more personally to he a "Starboy" for us.

His dive rather than shoot in the last minute v Bayern was bad, and he made some poor decisions to deliver a better final ball when we were on top in the first half today.
Anelka and Cesc were not asked to lead their teams as teenagers under a first time manager. Cesc and Anelka both had teammates who had won things at the club to lead for them. Where is Saka's Bergkamp, Henry or RvP? There's a difference between making appearances at a young age surrounded by winners and having the burden of trying to learn how to win as a young player with no winners around you. What you're also neglecting to mention is how much less congested the fixtures were back then. Players were actually getting a proper offseason at that stage.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Those guys played with actual strikers. The fact that our two strikers started today and we couldn’t score and no one is really surprised tells you everything. This team is crying for a striker

Today showed the difference between a top striker and an ok one when both got played through

BaZZe

Always Blaming Refs

Must be watching a different game he was really good in the first half but spent in the second just like most of the team
Stop talking rubbish. He's been our best player and has already matched his highest scoring season from 2022-2023 of 14 goals. View attachment 23483
View attachment 23484

Nah apparently scoring pens is the only thing he's done this season.

Arsenal fans are never escaping the embarrassingly reactionary allegations.

shoot for the top

Anelka and Cesc were not asked to lead their teams as teenagers under a first time manager. Cesc and Anelka both had teammates who had won things at the club to lead for them. Where is Saka's Bergkamp, Henry or RvP? There's a difference between making appearances at a young age surrounded by winners and having the burden of trying to learn how to win as a young player with no winners around you. What you're also neglecting to mention is how much less congested the fixtures were back then. Players were actually getting a proper offseason at that stage.
Cesc was leading the team from a young age.

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
Just not good enough today. Even though the numbers are better, the guy hasn't been the same player since the Kardashian curse last year. He was needed today and didn't show up and we know he's capable of it.
Damn that curse might be a real thing. Destroyed a couple of NBA and NFL players lol

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
Been hearing he’s tired for 1 year. He’s crap.
Players just don't lose their talent at 22 lol. He has been overworked. Arteta's system requires so much intensity on and off the ball. And in the summer he is off to the Euros so no real time to recuperate.

Arsenal Quotes

I think without doubt that Bergkamp is the most talented player to have played for Arsenal in the past 30 years, for as long as I can remember

Liam Brady

Latest posts

Top Bottom