• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League 2023/24: Our Race Is Run

Where do we finish in 23/24?

• Total voters

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

It’s not about being better at it, it’s about having reliable rotation who aren’t always bloody injured.

I suppose but let's break down who I think could've played more and it's really mainly Vieira, ESR and Nelson that come right to mind, as Arteta has done well to rotate in Trossard.

Nelson afaik has been available for most of the season. I mean look, I appreciate questions about his ability but if he's not getting a decent run it's going to be incredibly difficult for him to build form. There have been a lot of matches where we really could've given him a solid portion of the 2nd half and could've rested Saka too.

Vieira; looking at Transfermarkt was actually injured from 9th Dec 23 up until 17th Feb 2024 (and served a 3 match ban from 25th Nov 2023 till he was on injured). So for him I get it. Being overly harsh I could say that it would've been nice if he featured a little more after the injury, but again perhaps not realistic.

ESR; Again from Transfermarkt, was only really injured from 4th Nov - 9th Dec which is 6 league games. I suppose he then had one minor injury that took him out for one league game in Feb. I think he definitely could've played a bit more.

RandomHero84

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saka
We really could use an able deputy to Ødegaard. Quite an ask really, but he's been brilliant this year, but his work rate actually scares me.

Synical

Miss Superstitious

The games where we actually looked horrible were Chelsea and Fulham away (I can't remember the Fulham at home match). The Tottenham match was like a basketball game so I'm really not looking forward to this one.

Nunowoolmez

Established Member
Watching the celebration for the 2nd goal....all the players look absolutely f*cked. Blowing out their ar*ses ! Much less of a celebration too. Ok it's only Wolves, but can't help but feel

a) a bit of belief has gone out of them
b) all the regular 1st teamers are proper knackered

HighburyHigh

Watching the celebration for the 2nd goal....all the players look absolutely f*cked. Blowing out their ar*ses ! Much less of a celebration too. Ok it's only Wolves, but can't help but feel

I noticed that. Even though when we scored and at the end it ll seemed a bit muted like they don’t believe they can win it. Maybe it was the Munich hangover, but it felt like the passion was missing.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I was half way waiting for them to shake hands like in the 30s after a goal, and trot on.

Tom Mix

Nketiah has played 1392 mins this season and 80% of those came in the first 14-20 games. He was phased out because he’s crap and unreliable.

Fabio had groin surgery so little harsh to say Arteta should’ve used him.

ESR played 73 mins then got a knee injury for 6 games.

Partey, Timber etc were injured early doors.

We haven’t actually had the opportunity to use the squad players early doors otherwise we would have.
He gave up on Nketiah before Xmas. He should have considered selling him in January when transfers command a premium. The few minutes he's played since would have easily been covered by one of the other squad players.

ESR has been fit for some weeks but barely used. More or less the same for Vieira.

Topside

Huge win last night win on Tuesday and it's at least points on the board which puts a bit of pressure on MC.

Udogie out of the NLD he's been a good signing for them, injured his thigh in training.

Game Over

He hasn’t offloaded and replaced the squad players he and Edu should have.

If he doesn’t trust a player as part of the squad, replace them. Nketiah, ESR, Nelson, Viera… barely trusted with cup games, much less Premier League rotation.

January was the missed chance of offloading untrusted back ups, now we’re paying for it with an exhausted first team.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

Yeah Arteta is a hoarder, plain and simple. I'm a big fan of his but he has some big weaknesses he needs to iron out. The talk of him being 'ruthless' always makes me laugh. Guy would have 40 players if he could.

Topside

He hasn’t offloaded and replaced the squad players he and Edu should have.

If he doesn’t trust a player as part of the squad, replace them. Nketiah, ESR, Nelson, Viera… barely trusted with cup games, much less Premier League rotation.

January was the missed chance of offloading untrusted back ups, now we’re paying for it with an exhausted first team.
Take ESR for example was TV MOTM v Luton, had a few minutes last week v AV but surely could of been used more.

It's easy to be critical of squad players that come in don't perform but when they do and then not rewarded with more minutes what does that do to a players confidence?

Arsenal Quotes

As far as i'm concerned, Tony Adams is the effing Empire State Building

Ian Wright

Daily Transfer Updates

Thursday, May 23

Arsenal have agreed to part ways with midfielder Sambi Lokonga following talks with the player [Evening Standard]

Arsenal are likely to be priced out of a move for Sporting Lisbon’s £86m striker Viktor Gyokeres [Football Insider]

Arsenal are considering a move for Feyenoord GK Justin Bijlow as a replacement for Aaron Ramsdale [Sam Dean - The Telegraph]

Newcastle manager Eddie Howe is keen to reunite with Ramsdale if the club can make an acceptable offer [Sam Dean - The Telegraph]

Ajax LB Jorrel Hato remains the club’s top defensive target [Charles Watts]

Latest posts

Top Bottom