• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

07/08 Arsenal vs 22/23

Which one is better?

• Total voters

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
I wonder if any other team can look back and have their 2 starting strikers be bigger ****s, than Van Persie and Adebayor (with hindsight)
Then we had Bendtner in reserve who got headbutted by Adebayor at WHL

NINTCHDBPICT000004269591.jpg

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
This is fair, though on the humiliating results thing...

The way we lost to Sp**s and Newcastle in 2022 to throw away Top Four, was embarrassing to me.

The way City absolutely swatted us aside in 2023 like we were a midtable team with nothing to play for at the Etihad during a title fight, was also really bad.

And finally how we lost to a Salah and Van Dijk-less Liverpool team in the cup this season I am still not over, couldn't sleep well that night at all ffs!

... obviously injuries can be accounted for, but it's key results like those ones that make it easy for people to mock us now...and we have nothing to really bounce back with.

2014...got battered in every big away game, least that group helped us end an 8 year trophy drought which was a big mental block to get over.

2015...massive **** up v Monaco, least they retained the FA cup (not something many teams do)

So we had something at least.

if we don't win anything this season, that's just more ammo to the "bottlers" tag, with nothing we can really say back...we will basically be like Sp**s from 2016-2019, and that's not what I want for Arsenal.
Well they were better than the era of players that came after. I may sh*t on Koscielny a lot but he's better than Sokratis, Mari etc. I hated watching Bellerin but he was Ashley Cole compared to Lichsteiner.

Lacazette signified the beginning and end of the worse era of Arsenal in my lifetime.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Then we had Bendtner in reserve who got headbutted by Adebayor at WHL

NINTCHDBPICT000004269591.jpg

That season we lost only 3 times in a 38 game Premier League season, became the first English team to beat AC Milan away in the Champions League.

But also got battered by Sp**s in the Carling Cup (that they went onto win) with our strikers headbutting eachother, plus John Cena watching from the stands in a Tottenham shirt.

What a "mixed" season 😅

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
That season we lost only 3 times in a 38 game Premier League season, became the first English team to beat AC Milan away in the Champions League.

But also got battered by Sp**s in the Carling Cup (that they went onto win) with our strikers headbutting eachother, plus John Cena watching from the stands in a Tottenham shirt.

What a "mixed" season 😅
The highs of that season were incredible, but the three cup exits really leave a bitter taste: 5-1 at Tottenham in the Carabao, 4-0 at Old Trafford in the FA Cup and 4-2 at Anfield in the CL.

Still, if Adebayor hadn’t missed a couple of sitters at OT in the league we’d have been champions.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
The highs of that season were incredible, but the three cup exits really leave a bitter taste: 5-1 at Tottenham in the Carabao, 4-0 at Old Trafford in the FA Cup and 4-2 at Anfield in the CL.

Still, if Adebayor hadn’t missed a couple of sitters at OT in the league we’d have been champions.
If you look at our squad compared to Chelsea and United we had no business competing with them really. Arsène was punching way above his weight back then.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
The 2006-15 era built the base for what we have today. Everything is built on a budget, to pay off debts and maintain CL football.

Now the cash is flowing and money is no issue.
I agree but we should have won at least one league title during that period. Leicester defied all the odds to do it back in 2016, and they did so convincingly.

Additionally, as @BigPoppaPump stated, we shouldn't have suffered that many heavy defeats to our rivals. We were the only big club at the time to regularly concede four, five, six goals away from home. Not even the relegation fodder opened their legs as regularly as we did. Wenger accomplished a lot on a shoestring budget, but his tactical naivete played a part in our “banter era” lasting as long as it did.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
All great/interesting points.

But I can't help but remind everyone that the post in question isn't my specific views, just the views of my client...

8kz555.jpg
Your Photoshop skills are wasted on this forum. We need to start a petition to get your fantastic Microsoft Paint art on the Louvre. Andy Warhol could have learned a thing or two from you.

GDeep™

League is very weak
I agree but we should have won at least one league title during that period. Leicester defied all the odds to do it back in 2016, and they did so convincingly.

Additionally, as @BigPoppaPump stated, we shouldn't have suffered that many heavy defeats to our rivals. We were the only big club at the time to regularly concede four, five, six goals away from home. Not even the relegation fodder opened their legs as regularly as we did. Wenger accomplished a lot on a shoestring budget, but his tactical naivete played a part in our “banter era” lasting as long as it did.
We should’ve won more in the last 4 years too. An FA Cup, EL, maybe the league last season etc. That’s just football. At no point did I consider us league contenders in the banter years.

lamby22

It's Not Lupus

If I was to make a list of the top 10 moments Arsenal have scarred me the most that 4-2 at Anfield would be up there. Going from the high of Theo's run and Adebayor's goal to the 'foot through the telly' moment a few seconds later.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Will always love Arsenal, but my God is the Emirates era really starting to grate on me can't lie 😅

If we were not winning but still at Highbury, least we have the history/connection of/to that perfect stadium....now we just keep ****ing up in a kinda hollow and plastic building pretending to be our home ground.

RandomHero84

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saka
Saka has been our best player, best in the league too.

As I said before I don’t really like many of the players in this team, one or two aside, my current favourite still remains Martinelli. Saliba second.

In terms of pure football talent, this is probably the poorest Arsenal team I have ever seen.

You must have being doing one of those 'gap year' things around this time.

Screenshot_20240415-204505.png

Arsenal Quotes

As a club, we have an educational purpose: to give back to those people who love Arsenal so that they learn moral values from our game and how we behave.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom