• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

39th Premier League Game

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:White
It’s a nightmare for the integrity of the competition. Imagine if you’re in a relegation battle and your extra game is against a top 6 side, while one of your rivals plays a mid table team.

It would only work if the extra game was played at the end of the season and against the team immediately next to you, so 1st plays 2nd, 3rd v 4th etc. Which obviously won’t happen.

We’re just selling our soul so @Batman can watch a game while spilling the sauce from his oversized hot dog onto his costume while the kiss cam pans over to him and Robin…

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
It would only work if the extra game was played at the end of the season and against the team immediately next to you, so 1st plays 2nd, 3rd v 4th etc. Which obviously won’t happen.

We’re just selling our soul so @Batman can watch a game while spilling the sauce from his oversized hot dog onto his costume while the kiss cam pans over to him and Robin…
I don't eat hot dogs at games, I leave that to the 90lb Japanese women that outeat everyone around them. Also, the future Mrs. Wayne is Puerto Rican and Italian. If I was anywhere with someone with the name Robin and not her, all my worldly possessions would be on fire. :lol:

Stevo the Villan

Established Member
39th game is the worst idea in the history of the league. Seriously.

Holding some of the current 38 games abroad at least makes sense. I hate everything about it, but it doesn't mess with the fundamentals of league football.

Adding an extra game messes with the actual integrity of league football. It is, and always has been, a ****ing appalling idea

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
Would like this but only if the team put tape on their mouths before the game to protest the horrendous human rights situation there.

SuperGoon

Debbie Downer

Player:Saka
I don't understand how this would even work. We play one team a third time? How is that fair going down the table??

Someone would have to face the big teams 3 times. Hopefully sense prevails against greed and this is outvoted.

Bucephalus

This is great and all, but how many Americans are turning up for Bournemouth and Ipswich for example?
It'd sell out. Almost instantly. Football has an urban hipster trendiness cache over here. Put on Bournemouth v. Ipswich in an NFL stadium, and you're going to have 30,000 people (the other half picked Bournemouth) who have no idea where Ipswich is screaming "up you Tractor Boys" while the club merchandising branch is trying to figure out why they're out of every jersey and scarf and it's only October.

I'm not saying I want games played outside of England (and occasionally Wales). I won't even see Arsenal on a pre-season tour: when I finally see them in person, it's when I make my pilgrimage to North London. But as I think about it, it could be a decent money and visibility spinner for smaller clubs.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Game's literally gone ffs!

Why can't they at least do this in Northern Ireland?

There is a lovely stadium not far from my house that recently had an upgrade that would be perfect for The Arsenal to play, finally got 2 portable toilets added and an actual stand for like 50 fans.

Literally has a Tesco attached to it too, so all the players can enjoy a cheeky £3 mead deal after the game too!

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Well playing friendly games in pre season is enough playing league game during tiring season is not needed

Thrice

There have been NHL regular season games played in Europe in recent years and in general I don't think that's a bad idea to grow the game.
But their regular season is 82 games and 1 game played on neutral ground isn't going to make that much of a difference. Especially when the real season starts in the playoffs anyway.

This concept just doesn't work in football.

Stevo the Villan

Established Member
I don't understand how this would even work. We play one team a third time? How is that fair going down the table??

Someone would have to face the big teams 3 times. Hopefully sense prevails against greed and this is outvoted.

That’s exactly why it’s a complete nonsense idea and threatens the entire integrity of a league structure.

Imagine you’re level on points with Man City after 38 games. Then in the 39th game City get Sheffield Utd and Arsenal get Aston Villa (random example 😏)

It’s a complete farce

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
They would rather do every other nonsense than punish 115 for their crimes. Starting to feel Super League was the way to go

Arsenal Quotes

You weren’t world-class when Arsenal signed you

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom