• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alessandro Del Piero

• Thread starter Anonymous
  • Start date
  • Replies 67
  • Views 4,511
Status
Not open for further replies.

adjie

tactica442 said:
The news on tribal football are very unreliable. I would rather see Arsène give Aliadiere more chances than to Del Piero.

Agreed. No need for sensational move now.
If there's a slot to play for, I think it's better to give the chance
to young blood such as Aliadiere, Walcott, Lupoli and Stokes.

but even though it would be nice to inject some world stars into the squad so we can battle for titles next season, we must be careful we dont end up splashing out money on stars that will last us only two years, why not go for a 24-5 year old who has experience and has years left to give us!

Mostarac

Established Member
green_revolution said:
i think van der vaart would be a good signing- young- world class and plays for a s**t team!

Hamburg are NOT ****, have you even watched them play?

Sammer

Established Member
green_revolution said:
i think van der vaart would be a good signing- young- world class and plays for a s**t team!

Strongly disagree here. Hamburg were sh*te in the 90´s, but they have been building a strong team, that just needs some enforcements in 1 or 2 positions, and they will go places.

Just for the heck of it: DeJong, van der Vaart, Boulharouz, DeBuyten, Atouba, Barbarez are all pretty damn good players.

Ad another striker and maybe a right or left midfielder of quality and you have a pretty strong team there. Wouldn´t be surprised to see them win the Bundesliga title next year.

bobo69

some of you really know verry little about football outside the EPL ... del piero is an absolute master.

ha ha ha.

dear oh dear oh dear!

Gunner_DJ

Del Piero is a boss, a master, better rated than Bergkamp in my books as a goalscorer but that is not going to happen. As pointed out by Kav, he wants first team football which he will not get here, I don't know how old he is but i know he's over 30..32 i think and being tossed into a new league at 32 is quite a gamble to undertake.

longrufus

Established Member
Good player, but past his best. I think everone is forgetting how old he is. He will be 32 in november, so are we going to sign him on a 1 year rolling deal? Not a chance. So i dont even know why we are talking about this, its nonsense.
And dont bother using our "interest" in Beckham as a counter argument to age, as his signing is a different scenario, buisness based entirely.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
seb_afc said:
it would be like getting another bergkamp. a player who was brilliant, still has good technique but thats about it

exactly and why would we replace Dennis with another senior citizen

Zlatan would be dream move thou

jester

Established Member
longrufus said:
YeahBee said:
Zlatan would be dream move thou

Have to agree, im still annoyed he turned us down all those years ago and moved to Ajax.

juve fans are pretty annoyed at him though, i read on a juve forum that alot of them think he is 'wasting a slot' in their team, whilst del piero has to come off the bench and score.
that said he has undoubted talent

Mostarac

Established Member
Del Piero has been much better than Ibrahimovic this season, and that says it all about Ibrahimovic because Del Piero has spent most of his time this season on the bench, while Ibrahimovic has played most of the time.

Gunner_DJ

the audacity of them to say such things...Zlatan is the Man, Del Piero is the Man too, so is Trezeguet... Them be the men. Wait shouldn't go into this admiration thing just yet...as of now they are the enemy, till we knock them out

NIPOLOPO

Established Member
There is no way in hell he leave the club he loved and still loves from his childhood years. Alessandro DelPiero Is well know as the Golden son of Turin, why would he want to leave Juve to come and join us? after all capello will either move to manure after frogie retires next year or maybe take a Madrid job. :!:

BTW the guy is a legend. when he wears that jersey he is prepared to sacrifice his life for the cause. I always had a soft spot for Juve because of him. But after patt moved to Juve. I became Anti-Juve for some reason.

Henry_Pires

Sammer said:
green_revolution said:

Strongly disagree here. Hamburg were sh*te in the 90´s, but they have been building a strong team, that just needs some enforcements in 1 or 2 positions, and they will go places.

Just for the heck of it: DeJong, van der Vaart, Boulharouz, DeBuyten, Atouba, Barbarez are all pretty damn good players.

Ad another striker and maybe a right or left midfielder of quality and you have a pretty strong team there. Wouldn´t be surprised to see them win the Bundesliga title next year.

Why the heck De Jong and Van Der Vaart choose Hamburg?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

What does Arsenal mean? It means class. The structure of the Club, everything has a classy feel about it. It isn't always about success, there is more than that and this is what makes it a cut above the rest.

Charlie Nicholas

Daily Transfer Updates

Saturday, May 18

Arsenal‘s interest in Ivan Toney has waned. It is unlikely he will join this summer and neither will Alexander Isak, with the club no longer interested at his £120m price [John Cross - The Mirror]

Benjamin Šeško will cost €65m this summer [Sky Sports Germany]

Latest posts

Top Bottom