• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal Finances

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Although Leao has oodles of ability, him and Pepe are currently having a competition for who can have the worst season in a league they should be running rings round.
Both are counter attacking wingers won't suit our current style but Leao has more potential

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

Although Leao has oodles of ability, him and Pepe are currently having a competition for who can have the worst season in a league they should be running rings round.

I heard that Leao scored his first goal for Milan since September which is absolutely insane - if Martinelli had such a barren run there would be certain people on here sharpening the knives.

lomekian

Essays are my thing
I heard that Leao scored his first goal for Milan since September which is absolutely insane - if Martinelli had such a barren run there would be certain people on here sharpening the knives.
First league goal, yes. Was an absolute worldy...but he spends too much time walking around for our liking

Bucephalus

Have we cooked the books?
Probably. But (as the Kroekes might be stepping up now, but they're in in for the profit) not egregiously. Accounting has weird-ass rules. And they get weirder in specific industries. I'm a lawyer, I sue insurance companies. If I sue on a million dollar claim and settle for 500,000, the insurance company books this as a profit for 500,000. Exaggerating, of course, but insurance company accounting is still opaque to me. In football, it could be covered up with stadium investments, investments in women's football, things that don't count for FFP.

Anyway, yes we cooked the books. But not in a bad way that means we're losing real money that the club could be in trouble. And not in a bad way with FFP. Accounting is just weird 'cause you can shift stuff around.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

Just shows how much City's prize money and commercial deals push them to 700m which is bs imo. Their fanbase is tiny compared to ours.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Do you have a more up to date breakdown of our financial results?

Would be interested to see how much has changed for everyone since then.
No mate. Wages can change significantly from one year to the next. So producing a chart with different years on it seems a bit pointless as a comparison. Best wait until they all publish.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
Do you have a more up to date breakdown of our financial results?

Would be interested to see how much has changed for everyone since then.
He doesn't know. He just knows it's crazy. Can't make this up, man.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

No mate. Wages can change significantly from one year to the next. So producing a chart with different years on it seems a bit pointless as a comparison. Best wait until they all publish.

That would also be pointless as there could be 18 mo+ lag

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:White
That would also be pointless as there could be 18 mo+ lag

It’s only Liverpool Chelsea and Tottenham that are old anyway. Chelsea’s would have gone up massively, the other two should be sideways to slightly up I think? Doesn’t really stop you from being able to do some sort of analysis.

I thought our wage bill would have gone up more than that tbh.

Wage bill has a much stronger correlation with finishing position than @Makingtrax ’s preferred metric of transfer spend / squad cost fwiw

We have a chance to generate some money in the summer with selling players if Edu is ready to try that method.

From salary Jorginho, Partey, and Nketiah going out should help somewhat.

Arsenal Quotes

Nobody has enough talent to live on talent alone. Even when you have talent, a life without work goes nowhere

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Monday, May 27

Arsenal are considering a loan move for Barcelona striker Victor Roque [Sport]

Wolves, Aston Villa, Everton and Crystal Palace are in the race to sign Emile Smith Rowe [TeamTalk]

Fabio Vieira could leave the club if the club receives a “good proposal” [Fabrizio Romano]

Arsenal, Man Utd and PSG are the favourites to land 18 year old attacker Désiré Doué. Rennes want €40m after turning down half that from Leverkusen in January. [RMC]

Newcastle’s interest in Aaron Ramsdale has cooled as they view the £30m asking price as too high [Craig Hope - Daily Mail]

Latest posts

Top Bottom