• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arteta’s Transfer Targets: Summer 2024

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 4,719
  • Views 238,653

Sapient Hawk

Destiny's Hand 🖐🏿
Trusted ⭐

He's got a release clause apparently, depends on on if he wants to go to City or Arsenal. Would be perfect for that nr 8 role tbh. We would coooook big time.

Go to a club with a manufactured history where you'll be another cog in the corrupt machine? Or go to a club with a storied history, on the up & you'd walk into the team?

Quite the conundrum :lol:

TheEliteMaster100_

Turns up only when we lose
Best LCM options

1. Musiala = would be the best option at LCM but would cost £100m+, he's HG too. Bayern won't sell (face of their club) plus Musiala would want to compete with Bellingham for individual accolades, can he do that at Bayern (don't think so due to Bundesliga tax)

2. Camavinga - Most realistic Madrid player we can target, fits that position like a glove, how will Madrid fit him in midfield in a potential 11 with Valverde, Tchouameni, Bellingham taking that space and Mbappe/Vini/Rodrygo playing up top. Will Camavinga put playing as an inverted LB/?

3. Paqueta = very expensive but can play in midfield and wide playmaker

4.Simmons = will be the face of PSG when Mbappe leaves, we missed this boat last season

5 - Barrela = Great midfield engine, a true box to box midfielder, but Italians don't like leaving Serie A

6. Douglas Luiz but why would Villa sell to us? would be too expensive. We lost that opportunity when Elneny got injured during August 2022.

Last edited:

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
Best LCM options

1. Musiala = would be the best option at LCM but would cost £100m+, he's HG too. Bayern won't sell (face of their club) plus Musiala would want to compete with Bellingham for individual accolades, can he do that at Bayern (don't think so due to Bundesliga tax)

2. Camavinga - Most realistic Madrid player we can target, fits that position like a glove, how will Madrid fit him in midfield in a potential 11 with Valverde, Tchouameni, Bellingham taking that space and Mbappe/Vini/Rodrygo playing up top. Will Camavinga put playing as an inverted LB/?

3. Paqueta = very expensive but can play in midfield and wide playmaker

4.Simmons = will be the face of PSG when Mbappe leaves, we missed this boat last season

5 - Barrela = Great midfield engine, a true box to box midfielder, but Italians don't like leaving Serie A

6. Douglas Luiz but why would Villa sell to us? would be too expensive. We lost that opportunity when Elneny got injured during August 2022.

Sounds like you've just listed a bunch of players we can't get :lol:

TheEliteMaster100_

Turns up only when we lose
Sounds like you've just listed a bunch of players we can't get :lol:

We should temper our expectations and expect 1 of Onana and Zubimendi :rolleyes: neither are progressive enough to be our box to box midfielders however and are meh options.

We can't expect Ødegaard to be sole creator in our midfield especially when Partey is physically washed and Jorginho has no legs.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
We should temper our expectations and expect 1 of Onana and Zubimendi :rolleyes: neither are progressive enough to be our box to box midfielders however and are meh options.

We can't expect Ødegaard to be sole creator in our midfield especially when Partey is physically washed and Jorginho has no legs.

I don't mind Luiz tbh and think he'd be attainable. Of course i'd like better but he'd be a good option. The issue we have is we are all assuming Partey will leave. Therefore, don't we need an 8 who can also do a job should anything ever happen to Rice? Jorginho Luiz/Zubi Ødegaard we could probably get away with for the odd game, but from a defensive and physical point of view, you wouldn't want it over a run of games.

MikeVinna

Established Member
Partey has another year right? I highly doubt he’s going anywhere. Three options at DM but not one really good option for LCM.

I wouldn’t mind Paqueta but it’s just annoying that we should’ve signed him before West Ham did. Plenty of us saw this coming.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

people talking about midfielders or strikers….what about left back? By far our biggest need. And if anyone says Timber they may as well say I’m an idiot

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

people talking about midfielders or strikers….what about left back? By far our biggest need. And if anyone says Timber they may as well say I’m an idiot
You know we have multiple options there right? Unless somone is sold i cant see it.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

You know we have multiple options there right? Unless somone is sold i cant see it.
Yeah but we don’t have a good option. Kiwior has never looked great there as he is a cb and had to be subbed at half time. Zinchenko we already know is not good enough and Tomiyasu is not a lb

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

Yeah but we don’t have a good option. Kiwior has never looked great there as he is a cb and had to be subbed at half time. Zinchenko we already know is not good enough and Tomiyasu is not a lb
But Tets wont see that as an imediate problem though, bet he buys a cb before a lb.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

But Tets wont see that as an imediate problem though, bet he buys a cb before a lb.
He subbed kiwior at half time. He subbed Zinchenko many times during games to keep it time this season. He doesn’t have a LB he trust. I’m convinced he will buy one. Timber is 100% ball playing CB

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Partey has another year right? I highly doubt he’s going anywhere. Three options at DM but not one really good option for LCM.

I wouldn’t mind Paqueta but it’s just annoying that we should’ve signed him before West Ham did. Plenty of us saw this coming.
I really do hope he go

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Doubt it. We didn’t push enough when he was 30M and running down his deal. Now he’s the star and 80M at least.
Arsenal tried to get him for about 30 million pounds max., but Villa seemed to want like 40 million with a short contract. Arsenal tried to call their bluff, but Luiz went for a raise in wages and signed a short extension, which was a good move for him it seems.

Luiz has developed into a player he had potential to now, so I can see Arsenal paying 80 million pounds to get the best option on the market for the midfield, who is EPL proven and durable.

Zubimendi and Onana would likely cost 60 million pounds, so paying 20 million more is no big deal, and it's my first "wishlist" option (as there haven't been rumours yet I think, but he is an old transfer target for Arsenal and has two years left. Can't see him extending so they might sell him and reward him.).

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
Paqueta is the one but a very difficult deal to do.
He's brilliant, he really is, but..... there is something about him that makes me think he's not cut out for the top. He's a bit of a maverick, capable of brilliance, but also, almost every game, he'll do something incredibly dumb.

Arsenal Quotes

I still have an interest in training and development, in the stages that make it possible for players first to acquire technique (between 7 and 12) and then to develop physically (between 12 and 16), then to deepen their mental resilience (between 17 and 19) and finally between 19 and 22 to acquire what is critical, like the roof of a house without which all the rest rots away: intelligence and motivation

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom